Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2012   #21
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 12-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
He's the best RB in the NFL, but it's just silly to get all bothered just because someone calls him by his real initials, rather than some nickname. It's not like I called him something insulting.

I know that you are not just talking about me or trying to give me a hard time, but that's just how I feel.
So you're saying it's not a big deal & the person bothered by it (not me) should let it go?

Now in your situation, that's fine & I understand.

But what if it's someone who didn't know. You inform them. Then when they are watching the game with their significant other & she asks, "Why do they keep calling him AD? His name is Peterson isn't it?" then they can explain to their significant other.

Or, if his annoying brother-in-law comes over & he's expounding his football knowledge & calls him AP, then the guy you just informed can say, "It's AD you mental midget!!" if he was so inclined.

Not that anyone here would do anything like that, but just in-case.
Old 12-18-2012   #22
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Y'all know that I don't make a habit of correcting people. & HJam72, I'm not saying you need to be corrected.

I'm just using this post as an example to ask the question.
What would proper etiquette be here?
We use initials all the time to talk about players. AJ, JJ, Kj, GQ, KDub.. How do I know that the poster in question (not that I question you Hj) isn't simply referring to the name Adrian Peterson.

I know it bothers some people to see Peterson referred to as AP & not All Day (AD) which is his proper nick name & they are compelled to inform their friend so as to save embarrassment in the future.

How would one know if their friend posted (spoke) in error then offer the information so as not to offend said friend?
He was called AD by his dad since he was a kid for being hyper-active.

I just googled that.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #23
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Calling someone a mental midget is far more an insult than anyone's choice of AD or AP. I don't see any reason to get upset over AP or AD.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Calling someone a mental midget is far more an insult than anyone's choice of AD or AP. I don't see any reason to get upset over AP or AD.

It's my brother-in-law, I actively look for excuses.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read