Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Arian vs Peterson

Do you think Arian will see this as a bit of a competition? We like to say that our QB is playing against their QB, that our guy has to match the other guys production, even though they are playing against a totally different defense, totally different situations.

But if AD breaks a big run, don't you think Arian will want to match it? If AD scores a TD, don't you think Arian will want to Namaste?

After watching Ballard gash us, it's hard to believe that we're the 5th rank rushing defense in the league.

Is the Vikings defense better than 13?

I think this is going to be an exciting game. If we hold Adrian to 180 yards, I'd think we did a good job.
Old 12-17-2012   #2
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian vs Peterson

Right now Hands down Peterson is the best RB alive not even close.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
This. The way AP is playing (averaging something something around 190 yds/game the last 8 games) and the way our D is playing, AP could have a huge game.

Granted, they have no pass game, so we are going to load up against the run, but teams have been doing that all year.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, this isn't about Arian vs Peterson GOAT...... this is about Arian vs Peterson next Sunday.

Do you think Arian is going to see it as a competition & rise to the occasion?
Old 12-17-2012   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97142 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian's a different cat. It's highly likely that he doesn't view this game the same as any other top player at his position might.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #6
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I think Fiddler's question is more around the idea will this make Arian push himself that much harder. One thing we can say about yesterday was Foster was running stronger and not slipping and falling all over the place. I think the competitve nature that is within all sport figures will make him push himself against the Vikings citing AD over there. I expect a hard push from the guys especially knowing a win can make things secure for them but yeah, I suspect Arian will try to put his performance on par with AD this Sunday.

I will just appreciate the effort as I liked what I saw in the second half from Arian. Hopefully the line will find that spirit too and want to outduel the Vikings run blocking, heh. They did much better in the second half of the Colts game.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #7
FR0497
Rookie

Rep Power: 269 FR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
One thing we can say about yesterday was Foster was running stronger and not slipping and falling all over the place.
I was so glad to see this from Arian yesterday. Hopefully we can keep AP from breaking a big play but the way our defense has been playing of late I'm more than just a little worried. We also have a habit of making bad QB's look like the GOAT. Our secondary needs to minimize their blown coverage mistakes especially considering we'll be keying in on the run.
FR0497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2012   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Foster's thoughts on this subject: You know, it's really interesting how all these honkies like to see horns on the players' helmets.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #9
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131013 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I'm sorry...when did Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Gayle Sayers, Earl Campbell, and Franco Harris die and why didn't anyone tell me?
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson best back in league. Period.

But I am hoping to see a more bruising Foster now the rest of the way, along with a healthy last years Tate ready to provide his own thunder moving forward.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #11
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Adrian is damaged goods - he's just riding on adrenaline.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #12
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18764 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

How close were the Texans to drafting Adrian Peterson back in the 2007 draft? I think I recall the Vikings snagging him at 7 and we drafted Amobi Okoye at 10. What did we need, another loss or two that season to secure the in-state superstar from Palestine, Texas? But yet, Patrick Willis and Darrelle Revis, were selected after we picked. So we could have still ended up with an All Pro, aka franchise type player at their position. But we still took the young teenager out of Louisville.

Mind you, that 2007 draft was two years after the 2005 draft when we selected another bust in the first round, Travis Johnson with the 16th pick, when we could have drafted Aaron Rodgers who amazingly fell down his projected draft spot. At the time many people thought David Carr was done. We traded for Schaub the following off-season.

And now we're talking about clinching the 1st seed in the AFC Playoffs. How things have changed. I'm still very pleased with the way the Texans franchise ended up. I never thought they would recover from some dismal decisions in past drafts - mainly their first-round selections in 2007 and 2005.

If only we had Brian Cushing healthy, I'd say without hesitation we're going to win the Super Bowl. As it stands now, I think we've got a fighting chance to reach the Super Bowl. We'll probably be underdogs at home in the AFC Championship game against the Broncos or Patriots. Most definitely we'll be underdogs against a team like the Packers, Falcons or 49ers in the Super Bowl.

One game at a time though. I'm ready for the Vikings game on Sunday. Can we stop Adrian Peterson? I don't think so. Can we slow down Adrian Peterson? Yes, and that's why the Texans will win 34-24.
Old 12-17-2012   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Mind you, that 2007 draft was two years after the 2005 draft when we selected another bust in the first round, Travis Johnson with the 16th pick, when we could have drafted Aaron Rodgers who amazingly fell down his projected draft spot. At the time many people thought David Carr was done. We traded for Schaub the following off-season.
I think I was in the vangaurd "David Carr Sucks" group, but I don't think it really took form until mid 2005. It took off around January of 2006, after the RoseBowl I think

Anyway, the 2005 draft was after the 2004 season which is about the time most "haters" cite as the beginning of the end. About half-way through.

Just saying I don't think thoughts of drafting Rogers in 2005 was really a popular thought.
Old 12-18-2012   #14
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Just saying I don't think thoughts of drafting Rogers in 2005 was really a popular thought.
If it was a thought, it definitely wasn't a popular thought considering Rodgers had the same QB coach as Carr.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012   #15
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Do you think Arian will see this as a bit of a competition? We like to say that our QB is playing against their QB, that our guy has to match the other guys production, even though they are playing against a totally different defense, totally different situations.

But if AD breaks a big run, don't you think Arian will want to match it? If AD scores a TD, don't you think Arian will want to Namaste?
I'm not sure Arian is wired that way. I know Wilfolk got sick of hearing how J.J. Watt was the best D-lineman in the league and made us pay big time. But I don't think Arian will view this game as a AP vs. AF contest. He'll do what he can - ALL he can - to help us win, but I've never heard him go on about individual stats or milestones.

And, at the end of the day, it's whether or not his O-line buddies will want to see him outdo AP. They're the ones who have to give him holes to run thru.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read