Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2012   #41
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Don't do it Kubiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Do the Texans, led by Kubiak (let's not lose sight of that here), have it in them to sleep on the Vikings, though, and sort of say "Screw it. We can get this done next week vs. Colts"? I say it's possible.
this is really where we branch off, as i've got (almost) full confidence in kubiak. dude took tj yates to the second round of the playoffs last year and has the best record in football this year. granted, we at times play down to our competition, we will most certainly be trying to secure home field advantage in front of the home crowd. i also dont think kubiak's post-patriots speech has worn off, especially with the lasers coming from his eyes in the second half ... our guys likely still have a bit of monday night redemption on their minds.

Last edited by Scooter; 12-17-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Don't be stunned if week 17 = glorified pre-season game if HOU and IND win in week 16. Especially with Indy MAYBE being on a short week. (Likely scheduled for Saturday vs. the 4th seed)
So what's important? If you're Gary Kubiak, what do you need to see?

For me, it's the run blocking. I think he'll take notes the Vikings game, if everyone is doing what they're supposed to be doing, they'll get to sit early in week 17. But I think Newton & Jones will play longer than most starters. There is a lot of backside stuff they need to work on.

We're a three TE team with only two TEs on the roster. I think we're going to see a lot of them.

I also want to see the LBs play all game. Inside, outside, I don't care if you've got LB in your position, you're playing a lot.

We're a three safety team, with four of them on the roster. I think we see a lot of Glover/Manning with Keo & Demps playing a lot of the game (expect this to be a high scoring game).

I hope we don't see Andre, Arian, or Schaub for more than a series or two.
Old 12-17-2012   #43
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
I gotta give GP his propers for saying what I want to say, but have chosen
not to, simply because we hold a 12-2 record. The fact is, we DO have
a weakness at the Head Coach position, and to this point, we have won
IN SPITE of said weakness. That being said...

Keep up the good work, GP. As long as Kubiak is here, the other shoe will
drop or we will win the Superbowl. He just reminds me too damned much
of Jack Pardee. I hope Wade Phillips is our Buddy Ryan, and we get
a championship without wasting our Hall of Fame talent on both sides
of the ball (Watt and Johnson.)
Holy smokes, someone finally said, what I find to be, a statement that everyone dances around. Do you honestly believe that this 12-2 season is "in spite of". You honestly believe that we'd be 13-1 or 14-0 this season if we did not have Kubiak and we replace him with...????

I have never understood this mentality that the team's successes are on the team (they'd perform the same whoever was head coaching) and the team's failures are on Kubiak (who DOES have shortcomings, everyone does).
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #44
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I am starting to think GP is actually this guy...

the way he is pissing and moaning....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Keep up the good work, GP. As long as Kubiak is here, the other shoe will
drop or we will win the Superbowl. He just reminds me too damned much
of Jack Pardee. I hope Wade Phillips is our Buddy Ryan, and we get
a championship without wasting our Hall of Fame talent on both sides
of the ball (Watt and Johnson.)
31 teams do not win the Super Bowl every year.

This team isn't playing well yet we're 12-2 right now.

But if we don't win it this year, it's Kubiak's fault. We're just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I know you're doing a good job, dropping some of your rhetoric because we're 12-2.

But isn't every team waiting for the other shoe to drop? I mean I'm sure Ravens & Falcons fans are waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Old 12-17-2012   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
31 teams do not win the Super Bowl every year.
Are you ok with being one of those 31 teams?

I'm not. At least I'd rather not be.

Being like 31 other teams shouldn't be the goal. Being the one and only team at the top of the hill is what this stuff is all about. That's why I watch. That's what I root for.

I don't think anyone is going to stop being a fan if we don't win it all. But man, I'm not ok with not winning a superbowl. That would suck. Just like it's sucked every other year.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Just thought I'd throw this out there. It was in the second half of the game, on Indy's second TD drive. Much of that series, I saw Mitchell, Cody, & Crick playing on our defensive line. I've never seen that before.

A three man front has always been Crick plus two of the starters.

Maybe Kubiak is already starting to work in some rest for the players.
Old 12-17-2012   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Are you ok with being one of those 31 teams?

I'm not. At least I'd rather not be.

Being like 31 other teams shouldn't be the goal. Being the one and only team at the top of the hill is what this stuff is all about. That's why I watch. That's what I root for.

I don't think anyone is going to stop being a fan if we don't win it all. But man, I'm not ok with not winning a superbowl. That would suck. Just like it's sucked every other year.
That wasn't the point.

I'm talking about this "other shoe to drop" thing we've got going on here. I don't know if Kubiak is a Super Bowl winning coach or not, but I know there isn't anything we can do about that but wait & find out.

You know this team hasn't played good football for quite some time now, but they're winning, doesn't the coach have something to do with that? He may not be getting it done the way we want him to, but he is delivering the results we want. Ws....

I expect a Super Bowl. I won't be happy if we don't win it. But I'm not going to be upset about it until we lose it.
Old 12-17-2012   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Another thing Rey,

I'm primarily talking to two people who are upset that we're going to lose the Vikings game.

We haven't played it & there's no reason to believe we're going to lose it other than the fact that Kubiak & Tj Yates didn't win the final two games of last season.
Old 12-17-2012   #50
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Holy smokes, someone finally said, what I find to be, a statement that everyone dances around. Do you honestly believe that this 12-2 season is "in spite of". You honestly believe that we'd be 13-1 or 14-0 this season if we did not have Kubiak and we replace him with...????

I have never understood this mentality that the team's successes are on the team (they'd perform the same whoever was head coaching) and the team's failures are on Kubiak (who DOES have shortcomings, everyone does).
Yeah, this "in spite of" sh!t drives me absolutely f'king nuts.

I have said this before, and I will say it now, and I will continue to say it, because I absolutely believe it. There are people here who actually seriously believe, that if this team wins a Super Bowl, they will say they won it "in spite of Kubiak".
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yeah, this "in spite of" sh!t drives me absolutely f'king nuts.

I have said this before, and I will say it now, and I will continue to say it, because I absolutely believe it. There are people here who actually seriously believe, that if this team wins a Super Bowl, they will say they won it "in spite of Kubiak".
To be fair, chances are we won't win a Super Bowl this year. That's just reality. Those people will be here to tell you we lost because of Gary. & we might, I don't know.

But hopefully they'll wait till we lose the Super Bowl.

You gotta feel sorry for them. I mean they were quiet & respectful for 6 weeks before they told us, "I told ya so!!" before we got stomped by the Packers. Then they had to wait another 5 weeks to tell us how bad we are & that the Jags exposed us. Then it was another three weeks before they could come back with the, "I told you so!!" when we lost against New England.

This has been a very rough season for them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read