Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2012   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: OK enough is enough.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I just want to know why we couldn't stop the Patriots.

Look, I know even the Patriots can have "off games," but seriously what makes the Patriots such a hard matchup for our defense?

Does Wade's defenses have a hard time vs. spread offenses?
There was a bit of shell-shock to start the game. I bet they tried to prepare for Brady's quick snap, but when they actually saw it, it was faster & more complicated than they thought.

You could see they were looking for certain people & where they were lined up. Then we saw Hernandez uncovered. That tells me they were probably looking for Welker, too focused on Welker. Against the Pats, you've got to watch where everybody is. Welker, Hernandez, & Woodhead especially.

From the second qtr on, we played them as well San Francisco did. Four 3 & outs, 5 stops in the second & 3rd qtr. I think it was 7 possessions in that time & they only allowed two scores. I don't include the 4th qtr, because we already ran up the white flag.

but the defense adjusted & their performance should help us believe we can run with them defensively.
Old 12-17-2012   #42
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 166359 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OK enough is enough.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Honestly, with it being in a dome...I think the time of the game won't matter.

Dome teams love domes. It's science.

Rams with Warner (a dome team) win it...in a dome.

Saints with Brees (a dome team) win it...in a dome.

Manning beat the Bears, but then again Manning in those days could play suspended upside down in a shark-infested tank with a straight jacket on and still win the game. Place and time never mattered to Manning back then. He's proving that to be true this year in Denver, btw.

Houston's chances hinge on two things: Getting HFA and hosting a AFCC game in our own house. Then playing the SB game in a dome, and even better: A dome near Houston.

All we need is for the Texans to handle business vs. Vikings. If that happens, I really think we're headed to the SB.
Your memory is faulty. It took Manning damn near a decade to finally get to the Super Bowl. And he won because he went up against Rex-freakin-Grossman. When they played a decent QB, Drew Brees, they got beat.

Manning's playoff record - from Pro-Football Reference:

Playoff Record as Starting QB:
1999 (0-1), 2000 (0-1), 2002 (0-1), 2003 (2-1), 2004 (1-1), 2005 (0-1), 2006 (4-0), 2007 (0-1), 2008 (0-1), 2009 (2-1), 2010 (0-1)

Throw out his SB year and his playoff record is 5-10. By comparison Brady's playoff record is like 16-6.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read