Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2012   #41
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This team's in trouble

Good post GP...I think it sums up the current situation well.

I just don't see a SB team when I watch the Texans. Kubiak greatly shortened our window with his bad defensive hires prior to Wade being forced on him and I'm starting to worry that this year isn't going to be our year either due to all the injuries. You could make the argument that next year could be golden if our offensive line play finally recovers from losing two starters after 2011 and our young receivers develop...but we also need our cowardly lion coach to grow a heart...
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ummm GP we agree on a lot but come on man sure this team has been in a funk lately and kubiak has sort of been scared with the play calling, but we have the talent to beat anyone.

AJ, Foster, Watt all have the ability to change games. We will be fine man
JJ Watt picks up everybody's dirty laundry. It makes me sick.

He's nothing short of super human on so many levels.

And this team, specifically its head coach, relies on him exclusively to put his offense into good position. Over and over.

Sigh, I gotta' sign off. Giving our two cats away to a horse trainer who needs barn cats. And I've been dying to unload these cats for 12 years. And today is the day. No more cat **** in my garage, no more cat puke in my garage. No more hair balls, no more hair ball-shaped **** in my garage. No more feeding them. No more hearing them mee-oww for food every second of my day around here. So I gotta go. Or I'd stay and chat.

I just know how this story ends, it ends with a nice 13-3 record and losing to the Pats in the AFCC game at Foxborough. Hope it doesn't, but it sure seems that's the way it's headed.

I think we lose 1 of our last 2 games. Gotta go. Good chatting with ya, btw.
Old 12-16-2012   #43
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Kirk cousins is grooming for the Texans job up in Washington right now kitten:

We are playing a division winners schedule and are 12-2 what more can we do but win

It is ugly at times but keep chopping wood
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #44
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Good post GP...I think it sums up the current situation well.

I just don't see a SB team when I watch the Texans. Kubiak greatly shortened our window with his bad defensive hires prior to Wade being forced on him and I'm starting to worry that this year isn't going to be our year either due to all the injuries. You could make the argument that next year could be golden if our offensive line play finally recovers from losing two starters after 2011 and our young receivers develop...but we also need our cowardly lion coach to grow a heart...
Well, you're going to get a crown of thorns for thinking that way.

After a win, nobody is allowed to state weaknesses or say they're not confident in our team. Prepare to be scourged.
Old 12-16-2012   #45
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
JJ Watt picks up everybody's dirty laundry. It makes me sick.

He's nothing short of super human on so many levels.

And this team, specifically its head coach, relies on him exclusively to put his offense into good position. Over and over.

Sigh, I gotta' sign off. Giving our two cats away to a horse trainer who needs barn cats. And I've been dying to unload these cats for 12 years. And today is the day. No more cat **** in my garage, no more cat puke in my garage. No more hair balls, no more hair ball-shaped **** in my garage. No more feeding them. No more hearing them mee-oww for food every second of my day around here. So I gotta go. Or I'd stay and chat.

I just know how this story ends, it ends with a nice 13-3 record and losing to the Pats in the AFCC game at Foxborough. Hope it doesn't, but it sure seems that's the way it's headed.

I think we lose 1 of our last 2 games. Gotta go. Good chatting with ya, btw.
Head coach? Your hate is flowing again....wade is more like it.. He is the one using watt all along the line.
Old 12-16-2012   #46
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
12-2
Doesn't matter. They better get homefiepd. They have been playing mediocre football for weeks. Meanwhile, Atlanta did look like a 12-2 team today.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #47
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
So if this team is 0-1 playoffs you gonna throw up the season record, no one cares about the regular season. We all knew we would win the division and get in the playoffs. The PLAYOFFS is all that matters and anything less than a superbowl is a failure. We all realize we are at a mismatch versus the elite. Brady went undefeated one year and lost the superbowl. He would call that season a failure and so would all patriots fans
I'm not saying there are not valid concerns - however, if this team were 2-12, with wins over NE and GB, would you be happy?

I mean - I want them to get HFA, get on a hot streak, rise to the occasion, silence the doubters and go deep, DEEP in the playoffs. Will they do it? Perhaps. Could they fail? yes. Could they fail big, possibly. I however will enjoy their wins and their record and hope for the best. That's right, HOPE, I said it...HOPE. What else can we do.

If I could go to the future HOF QB store and the bad ass back up QB store, believe me I would.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #48
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2934 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Well, you're going to get a crown of thorns for thinking that way.

After a win, nobody is allowed to state weaknesses or say they're not confident in our team. Prepare to be scourged.
No worries...it's only the internet.
Old 12-16-2012   #49
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Doesn't matter. They better get homefiepd. They have been playing mediocre football for weeks. Meanwhile, Atlanta did look like a 12-2 team today.
u can't get HFA without first going 12-2 today
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #50
AMartin56
Veteran

I'll have to admit that I expect more from the other defenders considering how dominant Watt is but it was nice to see Barwin make a few plays today and for the most part I have no issues with Smith.

I'm starting to think Reed may have lost the top dog position in the rotation though...Mercilus seems to be getting more pressure.
Old 12-16-2012   #51
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
I'm not saying there are not valid concerns - however, if this team were 2-12, with wins over NE and GB, would you be happy?

I mean - I want them to get HFA, get on a hot streak, rise to the occasion, silence the doubters and go deep, DEEP in the playoffs. Will they do it? Perhaps. Could they fail? yes. Could they fail big, possibly. I however will enjoy their wins and their record and hope for the best. That's right, HOPE, I said it...HOPE. What else can we do.

If I could go to the future HOF QB store and the bad ass back up QB store, believe me I would.
Ok I feel ya now. But I liked them more when there was no expectations. Now our expectations exceed them
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #52
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Before the game a lot of people were saying the colts weren't good. They were lucky to be where they were. They were saying that they really should be a 5 win team or so.

Now when they come in here and battle us tough, it was a good win against a quality play off team.

Im judging this team hard because I don't believe our superbowl window will be open for a long time because we dint have an elite qb.

Elite qb's keep their teams in superbowl contention. Andrew luck looks like he can develop into that kind of guy.

We need to make this happen.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #53
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Before the game a lot of people were saying the colts weren't good. They were lucky to be where they were. They were saying that they really should be a 5 win team or so.

Now when they come in here and battle us tough, it was a good win against a quality play off team.

Im judging this team hard because I don't believe our superbowl window will be open for a long time because we dint have an elite qb.

Elite qb's keep their teams in superbowl contention. Andrew luck looks like he can develop into that kind of guy.

We need to make this happen.
The next guy is already on the roster.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #54
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

We're all happy for 12-2. That doesn't stop some of us from analyzing what we see as problems with the team. So here's an open question to the Sunshine Club:

What did the Texans do today to convince you that the Patriots game was a fluke?
Old 12-16-2012   #55
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5919 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
We're all happy for 12-2. That doesn't stop some of us from analyzing what we see as problems with the team. So here's an open question to the Sunshine Club:

What did the Texans do today to convince you that the Patriots game was a fluke?
Or the recent OT wins against the (4-9) Lions and the (2-12) Jags?

Don't get me wrong. This is a good team, and I like how it finds ways to finish games that it used to lose. But it hasn't looked elite at all in recent weeks and it concerns me.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

They bounced back and won just as AJ "promised".
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #57
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:

Nope but each matchup is different.

With that said I don't think the pats are THAT much better.

I guess the pats and colts game was a flick too
Old 12-16-2012   #58
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The way I see it (or would like to see it) is we win out, getting home field advantage. In our first game we'll play the winner of the Baltimore/whoever wild card game. We'll win that one.

Then either New England or Denver comes to town. That one is going to be hell, but since it's at home, it's more winnable that either going to Denver or New England and playing there. I feel pretty confident about making it to the AFC championship game. Getting past Manning to Brady to make it to the Super Bowl is another question.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #59
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The way I see it (or would like to see it) is we win out, getting home field advantage. In our first game we'll play the winner of the Baltimore/whoever wild card game. We'll win that one.

Then either New England or Denver comes to town. That one is going to be hell, but since it's at home, it's more winnable that either going to Denver or New England and playing there. I feel pretty confident about making it to the AFC championship game. Getting past Manning to Brady to make it to the Super Bowl is another question.

And I'd rather play the pats than the broncos...broncos remember what we did to them and....well I hope we remember what the pats did to us
Old 12-16-2012   #60
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 67619 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is how I picture some of you.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read