Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Rhythm?

I think Matt is a rhythm QB. I think there is enough evidence on the guy to make a strong case for it.

In Denver, Kubiak/Shanahan were known to strike fast, then run out the clock (while still scoring).

If these two are true (& I'm open to arguments that they are not), why don't we start off the designed to get Matt going early? I don't mean to totally ignore the run or even be anything but balanced. But with Matt's abilities & the hands we've got on this team (AJ, OD, Watler, Arian, & Casey) why wouldn't we take advantage of that?

This has nothing to do with Monday's game. There are three teams I would not want to "push the tempo" against. New England, Green Bay, & New Orleans... maybe even Detroit. You know, don't want to poke the bear.

But every other team, without a doubt I want to start fast then put it away.
Old 12-14-2012   #2
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rhythm?

I think Kubiak sometimes go Vizzini and outsmarts himself.

Vizzini vs Man in black quote

Vizzini vs Man in black video
Old 12-14-2012   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt he's much of a dancer.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I doubt he's much of a dancer.
Well he sure ain't no looker.
Old 12-14-2012   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I think they already do that. There's been a few games this season where the Texans start off throwing the ball early and often.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I have little rhythm (needs to be an 'e' in there somewhere) on dance floor, sometimes in bedroom but if Schaub is a rhythm passer he needs to rhymetically get the ball closer to his catcher's hands.
Old 12-14-2012   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the Texans come out fast and punch the Colts it the face!! and then our defense throws them to the ground UFC style so our offense can jump in and continue to pummel the hell out of them until their face is a bloody pulpy mess and Andrew Luck is crying in a fetal position on the sideline!!!

Yeah, I'm a little amped for this game...
Old 12-14-2012   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 25417 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I hope the Texans come out fast and punch the Colts it the face!! and then our defense throws them to the ground UFC style so our offense can jump in and continue to pummel the hell out of them until their face is a bloody pulpy mess and Andrew Luck is crying in a fetal position on the sideline!!!

I honestly believe we are going to kick the snot out of the Colts. Looking forward to an AFCC match-up with the Pats. Got my Kool Aid home-style!

Old 12-15-2012   #9
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think Matt is a rhythm QB. I think there is enough evidence on the guy to make a strong case for it.

In Denver, Kubiak/Shanahan were known to strike fast, then run out the clock (while still scoring).

If these two are true (& I'm open to arguments that they are not), why don't we start off the designed to get Matt going early? I don't mean to totally ignore the run or even be anything but balanced. But with Matt's abilities & the hands we've got on this team (AJ, OD, Watler, Arian, & Casey) why wouldn't we take advantage of that?

This has nothing to do with Monday's game. There are three teams I would not want to "push the tempo" against. New England, Green Bay, & New Orleans... maybe even Detroit. You know, don't want to poke the bear.

But every other team, without a doubt I want to start fast then put it away.
Been saying this for years now. Schaub IS a rhythm passer. This week will tell a lot about our team. Roll over and make it close or beat the snot out of a team we should. A lot of my opinions on the heart of this team revolve around how they rebound this week.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #10
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is why I think you're 100% correct:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cT3hQUIa6M
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Been saying this for years now. Schaub IS a rhythm passer. This week will tell a lot about our team. Roll over and make it close or beat the snot out of a team we should. A lot of my opinions on the heart of this team revolve around how they rebound this week.
Until we get to 100% health, or even 90% I wouldn't expect us to beat the snot out of too many teams.
Old 12-15-2012   #12
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Dont beleive it will be a blow out, i beleive your coach will go turtle like he always does but i also beleive colts will lose this game.
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #13
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If Texans win handily first game, do they switch to their alter egos in the final game?
Old 12-15-2012   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If Texans win handily first game, do they switch to their alter egos in the final game?
No but we'll be resting starters.
Old 12-15-2012   #15
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
Dont beleive it will be a blow out, i beleive your coach will go turtle like he always does but i also beleive colts will lose this game.

As an offensive coordinator I have always respected Kubiak. His offense is such a dramatic change from the trash we had before. In the last year or so I had begun to appreciate him as a coach at least once in a while. But last week was an embarrassment beyond words. If you look at the rosters we have comparable or superior talent to new england. The difference was dominant coaching versus Kubiaks pop warner presentation. The stage was to big and the players realized they werent prepared after the 2nd drive or so. If they nut up that bad in a regular season game, what do you think is going to happen in the playoffs? This team needs homefield advantage more then most.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #16
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

It works for some couples, not so much for others.
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #17
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, he is very much a rhythm player but I could make a case that every qb is a rhythm passer. The problem with Schaub is I feel he loses his sense of urgency. He often looks bored at random parts of the game. I see a different player when the Texans need to score except the two losses where the opponent was clearly going to outscore us anyways. If he could bring up his focus level for a whole 60 minutes no question he's accurate enough and makes smart enough decisions to be elite.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson80 View Post
Yes, he is very much a rhythm player but I could make a case that every qb is a rhythm passer. The problem with Schaub is I feel he loses his sense of urgency. He often looks bored at random parts of the game. I see a different player when the Texans need to score except the two losses where the opponent was clearly going to outscore us anyways. If he could bring up his focus level for a whole 60 minutes no question he's accurate enough and makes smart enough decisions to be elite.
Andre, shouldn't you be eating breakfast or something, instead of getting on here posting complaints about your QB?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read