Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2012   #221
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do we have a Super Bowl team or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Or, like I said upthread, the OL will prevent this team from winning the big games. Of course, the head coach had a lot to do with the current OL debacle, but I wasn't really going there.
How?

Because we couldn't keep Winston and Brisiel under the salary cap?

Or because Butler got injured and Newton and Caldwell also got injured?

Or is it because we give another first round draft pick to the D?

Not only that, you even blame it all despite the result.

Come on dawg.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #222
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Seeing all the knocks on Shaub, I'm wondering what has happened.

At the beginning of the year, I thought Matt looked the best he has ever looked, and I'm wondering what happened since those first few games.

Was it the questions of his starter capability and the calls for him to back up Yates coming back from injury that motivated him?

Seems now that those calls have died down, he's back to errant pass, can't find the open man Shaub.

Is it me, or is anyone else seen this dropoff for no apparent reason, with exception to the Jags game, has Shaub really looked that good in the past 6 or so games??
Old 12-15-2012   #223
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Seems now that those calls have died down, he's back to errant pass, can't find the open man Shaub.

Is it me, or is anyone else seen this dropoff for no apparent reason, with exception to the Jags game, has Shaub really looked that good in the past 6 or so games??
I am not a Schaub fan, but I don't think "he's back to errant pass, can't find the open man Schaub" I do not think that is the norm. This was a bad game. I honestly think Kubiak may have made too big a deal of staying even keel for this game. By the time the offense woke up, it was too late.

I don't believe this offense has worked as well as it had last season. Last season the offense progressed from game one through Matt's last game. But the whole time they were more consistent than what we've seen this year.

Losing Briesel & Winston we pretty much lost our ability to run on anyone, whenever we wanted. We knew that was going to be an issue. With Newton coming back, hopefully we can get closer to being that team & we'll see that offense again.
Old 12-15-2012   #224
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
Didn't we beat Manning? Unless Manning isn't considered elite anymore. We can beat elite QBs, we just need the offense to give more help than they've been giving in these games.
The Manning we faced in Week 3 is not the same Manning that plays for the Broncos now. I'm not all that confident we could beat them in a rematch here at Reliant, much less on the road like last time.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #225
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody remember last year's AFC Championship Game?

Surely I wasn't the only one to watch that mundane looking Patriots team & thought, "We would have kicked their as$ if Matt were healthy."

This thing we're doing now, where we make the Patriots & Brady this unconquerable super team is the same thing we're accusing our players of. Being star struck by the great Tom Brady.

They've been beat three times this year, they will get beat again, might as well be us beating him.
Old 12-16-2012   #226
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Posey gave me some hope and Keyshawn Martin remained solid as a returner. Most importantly Newton was back and should be back on keel next week. Cody made me shake my head but Mitchell did have one very good play. I still need a Nose and MLB. Manning and Quin seemed to make a good play then swap it for a bad one. Joseph did not get beat that I saw and hope to see him getting stronger each game. Schaub seemed more on target with the ball & not in panic mode. Barwin had one good play and then QB ran into him for a sack. I may have seen Luck take a $100 bill from Connor as he got up.

Wasn't happy with several of plays Phillips and Kubes called. Another week to get healthier.
Old 12-16-2012   #227
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

My contention even at the beginning of the season has always been that we dont have one. The o-line will hold us back on the offensive side and the undiscipline play at times will be a problem on the defensive side.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #228
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
It's just you.

Signed,

The Sunshine Club
Old 12-16-2012   #229
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
My contention even at the beginning of the season has always been that we dont have one. The o-line will hold us back on the offensive side and the undiscipline play at times will be a problem on the defensive side.
I'm curious As to which team you had as SB contenders before the season started.
Old 12-16-2012   #230
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 82056 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
The Manning we faced in Week 3 is not the same Manning that plays for the Broncos now. I'm not all that confident we could beat them in a rematch here at Reliant, much less on the road like last time.
I agree. If we have to play them in the playoffs, we'd better have more than just Watt in his face, or it's done.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #231
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I agree. If we have to play them in the playoffs, we'd better have more than just Watt in his face, or it's done.
Manning's record in the playoffs isn't as good as Brady's. Either way, we'll end up facing one of them in the playoffs.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #232
76Texan
Hall of Fame

We have Newton and Graham back.
Jones and Brook will have more experience.

Posey is showing some flashes.
Tate is finally healthy.
Our depth is good.

We will get Reed back.
JJo seems to get healthier.
He'll get some rest before the play-offs.
McCain looks to be on schedule to return.
Our depth at CB will be increased with Routt knowing more of the play book.

We're in pretty good shape for the play-off run.
Old 12-16-2012   #233
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

If we get home field throughout playoffs who knows?

We must have home field though. Just my feelings.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #234
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I don't think we have a Super Bowl team. I think they can be a Super Bowl team by Feb 3, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
We have Newton and Graham back.
Jones and Brook will have more experience.
Please tell me we're working Brooks out at LG..... please, please, tell me we're working him out at LG.
Quote:
McCain looks to be on schedule to return.
I'm loving what I see from Brandon Harris. He played pretty clean today, except for that hold on Reggie Wayne. I don't know if it was a bone-head play that worked out for us, or if he was smart enough to take the penalty than give up an even bigger play.

But he's physical, I love it. Fast, I love it. & plays something like glue, I love it.
Old 12-23-2012   #235
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 15724 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

nope. i don't see it.

team pretty much always comes out flat in meaningful games.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #236
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

We're in pretty good shape for the play-off run.
Evidently.
Old 12-23-2012   #237
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

What we looking at? Possible 3 or 4 seed now? This team is one and done.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #238
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Yep
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012   #239
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will get to the Super Bowl this year provided they sent the payment for the tickets in on time.
Old 12-23-2012   #240
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Win next week and Houston is the #1 seed. The worse they can be is the #3 seed.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read