Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2012   #121
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: WTF is going on with Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
or he's having a down year individually.
Or there is no problem, he's running as well as he ever did.

These are not the droids you're looking for.
Old 12-15-2012   #122
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Or there is no problem, he's running as well as he ever did.

These are not the droids you're looking for.
Do not see him running as well as he ever did. YPC are down, runs of over 20 yards are down. Broken Tackles (just assuming) must be down. I can almost bet yards after contact have dropped big time. You opinion is that he is running as good as he ever has.

Mine on the other hand is he is running as bad as he ever has. Dont need stats or anything to prove my opinion. I watch the same games you do.
Old 12-15-2012   #123
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Do not see him running as well as he ever did. YPC are down, runs of over 20 yards are down. Broken Tackles (just assuming) must be down. I can almost bet yards after contact have dropped big time. You opinion is that he is running as good as he ever has.

Mine on the other hand is he is running as bad as he ever has. Dont need stats or anything to prove my opinion. I watch the same games you do.
Please don't bring up the same games we watch!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #124
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Please don't bring up the same games we watch!
We all watch the same games, but we all seem to see different games
Old 12-15-2012   #125
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

these aren't the droids you're looking for

I'm with you on this one Ellis, I think 76 is playing Jedi Mind Tricks.
Old 12-15-2012   #126
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't believe someone here has the audacity to compare todays RB to the great Barry Sanders. That dude is a human flubber ball, defying the laws of motion sometimes. He was never real because the moves he makes on the field was unreal, never been duplicated and never will.
Any more attempt comparing him to anybody should void any arguments of any kind.

Now let's get back to what's real. The quality of run block is not as good as last year. That doesn't mean there aren't any holes to run to. It's just not opening up on Foster terms. Foster patient running style is his biggest enemy right now.
When one side of a line is busted up at the start of the snap there's no time to pick and choose your cutting lane. The only direction is up field and pray that there's light at the other side.
That's why Tate and Forsett are getting more production per carry. Their impatient running style in this case have help them elude being tackle at the LOS.

I'm basically rephrasing myself from my previous post in this thread in case you guys have missed it from all this bickering.

Last edited by klockWork; 12-15-2012 at 08:52 PM.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #127
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1875 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh lord man my whole point is that good backs find a way regardless.
Fosters style of running requires holes. He is not some Houdini act like Sanders. He relies on vision and cutting and when there is no hole whatsoever he will be stopped.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #128
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm taking my laughs to the bank, have fun worrying about numbers.
Old 12-16-2012   #129
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am not worrying about Foster # at all. But I am not laughing at no one. Be humble Grass hopper76!! We are AFC South Champs 2 year in a row !!!

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #130
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I am not worrying about Foster # at all. But I am not laughing at no one. Be humble Grass hopper76!! We are AFC South Champs 2 year in a row !!!

Go Texans!!!
The champagne is getting to my head, Sensei;
Please forgive me.
Old 12-16-2012   #131
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Laugh while you can.

I still think the concerns with Foster are valid. It was nice seeing Newton back, I think that was the biggest difference, & Tate. Maybe Foster is more threatened by Tate in the backfield.
Old 12-16-2012   #132
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The champagne is getting to my head, Sensei;
Please forgive me.
Champagne!!! Drink SAKE instead.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #133
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
because he FINALLY had a dominating 4th i feel better, but until i see it a few weeks in a row i will still be concerned
Old 12-16-2012   #134
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Fosters style of running requires holes. He is not some Houdini act like Sanders. He relies on vision and cutting and when there is no hole whatsoever he will be stopped.
In '10 and '11 Foster rarely had rushes for no gain or a loss. This year he has a LOT of them. Today's game was a tale of two halfs. He looked like 2012 Foster in the 1st half and 2010 Foster in the 2nd half.

I'm so very glad he had a big 2nd half today, but I'm still concerned about his play, the amount of carries he's getting and Kubiak's hardheadedness about running him (even though it paid off today) even when he's doing lousy.

BTW, is Forsett hurt? He didn't get a carry today even though Tate was stinking it up.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #135
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There is nothing wrong with Foster. He is better in every category except YPC. In fact he may be better this year than his 2010 season.

I just think we are spoiled.

http://www.nfl.com/player/arianfoster/79555/profile

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #136
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
There is nothing wrong with Foster. He is better in every category except YPC. In fact he may be better this year than his 2010 season.

Well when you run him as much as we have you have to expect him to be up there in every category. If u run a RB a 1000 times and he has a 1.5 YPC average he will have a pretty good season well according to some of the categories anyways.
Old 12-16-2012   #137
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You must be smoking crack.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #138
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
You must be smoking crack.
Please explain?

Old 12-16-2012   #139
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Quote:
Well when you run him as much as we have you have to expect him to be up there in every category. If u run a RB a 1000 times and he has a 1.5 YPC average he will have a pretty good season well according to some of the categories anyways.
Looking at another 1600 yard season, 14 plus touchdowns, doing all that despite having a crap FB, RTG, and RTT.

I guess we have forgotten what life was like when Stacey Mack was totting he rock for us.

Old 12-16-2012   #140
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Looking at another 1600 yard season, 14 plus touchdowns, doing all that despite having a crap FB, RTG, and RTT.

I guess we have forgotten what life was like when Stacey Mack was totting he rock for us.
Did i ever say foster was a bust, hell no def one of my favorite running backs of all time, and i'm glad we resigned him to a long contract. All i said was he is having an off season. Plus i remember a guy named Domanick Davis who ran very well behind very bad o-line, just saying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read