Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2012   #81
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WTF is going on with Foster?

Heck, quite a few people even think that we miss Dreessen!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Regardless, we know we have a problem running the ball against the elite teams, Pats & Packers. If Foster can get off against those teams there is reason to believe we have a shot at the prize.

We won't see those teams until the play offs.

Instead, what we'd all like to see is total domination of the OL & Foster against weaker teams.

Hopefully that starts tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2012   #83
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
you're trying to have your cake and eat it too, even though the numbers you keep cherry picking are also down. his stats are down in every part of the field and almost every situation - i gave you links. the visual tells me that he's missing his lanes, he's not able to elude defenders, and is going down on first contact. why is it always someone else's fault?
The stats from your link are very misleading.

I do have a bunch of notes that I've been tallying by going back and check out all the situations by watching those games in both 2011 and 2012.

If I have some time, I will bring them up.

If not, I will have to do it next week.

One thing you can trust me is that I always do my homework, that I never rely on short-term memory.
Old 12-15-2012   #84
76Texan
Hall of Fame

In the meantime, play around with the PLAY FINDER feature over at ProFootbal Reference . I showed it in one the the treads, and even a Pat fan had to agree that it's a Neat Toy.
Old 12-15-2012   #85
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you're trying to have your cake and eat it too, even though the numbers you keep cherry picking are also down. his stats are down in every part of the field and almost every situation - i gave you links. the visual tells me that he's missing his lanes, he's not able to elude defenders, and is going down on first contact. why is it always someone else's fault?
it's clear to me that he isn't breaking tackles and exploding through the gaps like he has in the past. I don't need stats to tell me this. He and AJ look like they both lost their elite gear (that final gear that separates the great players from the good players) at the same time...we look like a slow, plodding offense at times.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #86
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
it's clear to me that he isn't breaking tackles and exploding through the gaps like he has in the past. I don't need stats to tell me this. He and AJ look like they both lost their elite gear (that final gear that separates the great players from the good players) at the same time...we look like a slow, plodding offense at times.
I remember one time you said Jackson is at best a nickel back.
Old 12-15-2012   #87
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I remember one time you said Jackson is at best a nickel back.
He's a decent #2cb. I've been here for ten years now and really....I'm not stupid enough to hang on to old opinions about the league since its always an evolution. Most people around here know that I don't assess a situation and marry it till death-do-us-part like some of you guys. You should learn something about hanging on to some of your broken down views. Thanks for playing though.

Old 12-15-2012   #88
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Cool Re: WTF is going on with Foster?

Quote:
He's a decent #2cb. I've been here for ten years now and really....I'm not stupid enough to hang on to old opinions about the league since its always an evolution. Most people around here know that I don't assess a situation and marry it till death-do-us-part like some of you guys. You should learn something about hanging on to some of your broken down views. Thanks for playing though.
Hey, I remember very clearly the term "AT BEST".
Old 12-15-2012   #89
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Hey, I remember very clearly the term "AT BEST".
I've tweeted and posted how he's improved this season at different times. Don't be so insecure.

Old 12-15-2012   #90
76Texan
Hall of Fame

But let's not go there.

We as fan, has a different opinion about different players.
That's normal.

All I'm asking is that people don't jump to a conclusion.
Old 12-15-2012   #91
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
But let's not go there.

We as fan, has a different opinion about different players.
That's normal.

All I'm asking is that people don't jump to a conclusion.
You are the only one "going there" Einstein.

Old 12-15-2012   #92
76Texan
Hall of Fame

So now let's take a look at AJ's numbers.
His yard per reception of 14.7 is better than 6 other years he had been on the league.
Why is there the perception that he lost something?
Old 12-15-2012   #93
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
So now let's take a look at AJ's numbers.
His yard per reception of 14.7 is better than 6 other years he had been on the league.
Why is there the perception that he lost something?
because he has. If you think he runs like he has in the past...well, you just look at your stats and post your brilliance for all to see. I'm gonna go do some yardwork while you proclaim yourself brilliant.

Old 12-15-2012   #94
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
because he has. If you think he runs like he has in the past...well, you just look at your stats and post your brilliance for all to see. I'm gonna go do some yardwork while you proclaim yourself brilliant.
But that's exactly why I said that you can't trust the numbers.
In fact, his YPR last year was at 14.9 when he was injured most of the times.

Why trust stats?
Old 12-15-2012   #95
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Before we go on, I'd like to hear some anwers to these basic questions:

Do you think D. Brown is as good in his blocking as he was last year?

Is Wade Smith?

Is Myers?

The combo of Caldwell, Jones, and Brook?

The combo of Newton and Harris?

How about Gardner?

How about O.D.?

How about Casey?
But to reiterate the point, do we have an honest answer to the questions above?
Old 12-15-2012   #96
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
But to reiterate the point, do we have an honest answer to the questions above?
the answer is these guys arent named arian foster.
Old 12-15-2012   #97
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
the answer is these guys arent named arian foster.
So we don't need an O-line then?

Why can't you just be honest and answer those questions?
Old 12-15-2012   #98
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

because you're walking around the subject, that being foster, by trying to redirect and place blame on others. what does it matter how well anyone else is or isnt playing when a clear lane is made within his progression that he doesnt go to, and is brought down by an arm tackle?

if you want to analyze the offensive line and who's playing well, click "new thread".
Old 12-15-2012   #99
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
because you're walking around the subject, that being foster, by trying to redirect and place blame on others. what does it matter how well anyone else is or isnt playing when a clear lane is made within his progression that he doesnt go to, and is brought down by an arm tackle?

if you want to analyze the offensive line and who's playing well, click "new thread".
MAJOR NO!

A RB is tied to his blocking and the running scheme.

If you don't think so, We really have nothing to talk about.
Have a good day!
Old 12-15-2012   #100
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Stats are great but last season Foster was a game changer, he could take over a game. He would run through, over and around people on his way to big yardage. This season even when he hits a hole all it takes is one arm to bring him down. Not 2010 and 2011 Foster but this foster just lookes weaker/less inspired. Could it be the big contract has made him quit being so hard on himself ? I dunno but he needs to fix it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read