Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2012   #161
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131856 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Letterman Jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
Every time I think of those jackets I think of the picture of Barwin posing in his jacket. I am seriously getting tired of this dude spending his week on "On the Nose" and doing other **** instead of trying to actually contribute to this team, something which he has not done all season long. We need to cut ties with this bum after the season.
I hope Wade or Gary, someone pulled Barwin and Cody to the side and told them to grow up. Comedy is good in small doses to help ease tension but those two keep taking it to stupid levels and make us look assinine.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #162
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I hope Wade or Gary, someone pulled Barwin and Cody to the side and told them to grow up. Comedy is good in small doses to help ease tension but those two keep taking it to stupid levels and make us look assinine.
can you see Belichick letting his guys wear those on National TV?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #163
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I do not think the jackets themselves were any kind of distraction.

However, it is what those jackets represent. The whole "high school kids getting on a yellow bus" vibe is kinda' strange for a pro team that has Super Bowl aspirations.

Some of the players were saying last week that this was one of the biggest games in franchise history (including AJ).

They were geeked about this game and came out flat.

Meanwhile, the Patriots, a team with championship history, just saw it as another game on the schedule. They gave props to the Texans as being a good team, but they weren't amped up for it. They are used to "big games".

The difference is that the Patriots acted like they had been there before, while the Texans were acting like a bunch of school kids on a road trip to the 5A championship game in Odessa. That is what those jackets represent, the attitude of a team that was acting like it had never been there before.

And this is why I think the Texans are still growing into the role of being a top-level team. Everything this franchise does has been gradual steps. They learn from mistakes and mature with each step. It's why I do not think this year will be a Super Bowl trip, but I do think they are going in the right direction and will use games like Monday night to grow into a truly elite team.

It's not a bad thing. This franchise is still young. Growing pains and all that stuff. It's just something we need to understand as fans.

rep if I could

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #164
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
can you see Belichick letting his guys wear those on National TV?
*rimshot*
Old 12-14-2012   #165
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I watched some newspiece last night and I can't remember which Texans it was but they said they are putting the Jackets up for now...

Well that was short lived.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #166
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Well I watched some newspiece last night and I can't remember which Texans it was but they said they are putting the Jackets up for now...

Well that was short lived.
and embarrassing.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #167
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Kevin Walter was on 790 this morning and confirmed that they won't be wearing those jackets again, unless it's to New Orleans maybe.

Cute idea by Barwin though, might want to come up with a fancy way of getting to the QB instead.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #168
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

A complete embarrasing performance in the big game where you unveil them will do that.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #169
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
and embarrassing.
Yeah, didn't turn out like they'd hoped. In a general sense I kind of like the idea but I don't think they should have made that big a deal about it. Not until they had something to put on them other than their position and number.

I don't want to see those jackets again until they each have a Super Bowl patch on them with the words "World Champions" underneath it.

Then all is forgiven and everything's just fine.
Old 12-14-2012   #170
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94457 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Kevin Walter was on 790 this morning and confirmed that they won't be wearing those jackets again, unless it's to New Orleans maybe.

Cute idea by Barwin though, might want to come up with a fancy way of getting to the QB instead.
Let the credit/blame be placed in the right place - it was actually Cody's idea.
Old 12-14-2012   #171
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wasn't this Mr. McNairs idea? The man is a billionaire-----great idea..haha
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #172
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Let the credit/blame be placed in the right place - it was actually Cody's idea.
OK, well Walter said it was Cody's and Barwin's idea but I just want to blame Barwin because he's sucking so bad this year.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #173
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105274 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah the patriots beat the brakes off of us like they were playing a high school varsity team....burn them ****s..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #174
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94457 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
OK, well Walter said it was Cody's and Barwin's idea but I just want to blame Barwin because he's sucking so bad this year.
Just go ahead and blame Tate and be done with it.
Old 12-14-2012   #175
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Auction them off.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #176
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
Wasn't this Mr. McNairs idea? The man is a billionaire-----great idea..haha
The jackets were sleek-looking, and probably very expensive, but kind of high-school-ish, IMO. I'm glad they're no longer wearing them.

The one thing I like about McNair is that he will buy his team whatever it needs. I'm betting he spent a pretty penny on those jackets. Too bad his team then went out and screwed up.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #177
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
The jackets were sleek-looking, and probably very expensive, but kind of high-school-ish, IMO. I'm glad they're no longer wearing them.

The one thing I like about McNair is that he will buy his team whatever it needs. I'm betting he spent a pretty penny on those jackets. Too bad his team then went out and screwed up.
It was an effort at motivating themselves and teambuilding that at best didn't have the hoped for short-term impact, and at worst ended badly.

Pro athletes do all sorts of weird/funny/stupid things to motivate themselves and build chemistry. Unfortunately -given the way things went - this one was more high-profile than most. I'm simply not gonna get too down on these guys for consciously trying to do something to give themselves and edge - even if it wasn't all that effective.
Old 12-14-2012   #178
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
It was an effort at motivating themselves and teambuilding that at best didn't have the hoped for short-term impact, and at worst ended badly.

Pro athletes do all sorts of weird/funny/stupid things to motivate themselves and build chemistry. Unfortunately -given the way things went - this one was more high-profile than most. I'm simply not gonna get too down on these guys for consciously trying to do something to give themselves and edge - even if it wasn't all that effective.
I agree. I'm all for team-building and camaraderie; I was just commenting about how un-professional the jackets looked, and about how it's likely McNair shelled out some serious cash. I'd be shocked if those jackets ran for less than $1000 a pop.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #179
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

They should keep wearing the jackets. Just worry about the next great idea during the preseason or something.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #180
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pre jackets 11-1
Post jackets 1-3

Burn them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read