Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2012   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Agree with you about Patterson, what do you think about Dobson/Terrance Williams. One of these guys will probably be there late in the 1st. If Patterson isn't there I probably would take Long in the 1st rd. Long would solve the RT issue.

If you were Rick Gary would you trade up for a guy like Patterson? The Falcons made a bold move to trade up for Jones, now they have the best record in the league. Would the Texans make such a bold move?
Yes I would trade up and here is why: Matt Schaub.

He's not going anywhere in the near future. I'd rather have a more dynamic qb, not that schaub sucks, but I personally would like a real A young dynamic playmaker at that position.

But the next best thing to do since those guys don't grow on trees and what would make the most sense is to draft a guy that could help schaub not have to be Tom Brady or Rodgers or manning...he's closer to Matt Ryan than he is to Those guys so we should look to get him his Julio jones to make his life easier and to take the offense to another level.

I need to look at Dobson and Terrance more but I know patterson is a playmaker. He's dynamite with the ball in his hands and we could use more of that.

Again, I'm totally against drafting a guy like ruben randle...we have guys with that kind of ceiling...

If f we go wr I want to jump up and grab a real stud...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read