Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 12-12-2012   #81
TexansJohn 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 0 TexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansJohn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Curiosity begs this question - what kind of racist chants? I make yankee jokes but I can't think of a racist joke for New England. Well other than Texan_Bill.
It was young drunk Pats fans yelling at a group of Hispanic Texans fans in the next section....I don't even want to repeat some of the things they said. I thought New England was supposed to be a "progressive, enlightened" area of the country, but their hillbillies showed up at Gillette last night.
TexansJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #82
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 391357 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansJohn View Post
It was young drunk Pats fans yelling at a group of Hispanic Texans fans in the next section....I don't even want to repeat some of the things they said. I thought New England was supposed to be a "progressive, enlightened" area of the country, but their hillbillies showed up at Gillette last night.
Enough said. Wouldn't want you to repeat them. That is sad and I am sure/would hope not indicative in general.

I have spent a lot of time in Boston and folks grown and raised there do have some funny ideas about southerners. Racism wasn't one.
Old 12-12-2012   #83
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Goodmorning BOP. Lets go home with a smile on our face, yes it's a tough loss. Still had a great time representing our TEXANS in Boston. Lets please don't show any disrespect and arrogance like we were treated at the game. Been to most of the away games and I must say these were by far the most disrespectful fans to us women. I know our fans at home have more CLASS!!!! C u Sunday. Woohoo. Love my TEXANS!!!

Got this off of facebook and it is absolutely a reason not to spend our money there.
Old 12-12-2012   #84
Texans_bull
Veteran

Rep Power: 23 Texans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of FamerTexans_bull is a Hall of Famer

Same Here...
Had fun in Boston but damn the fans are brutal... All i can say is that the staff at the stadium was no help at all. I was sitting alone and there were 4 of them messing with me... it took a whole lot not to act like an A** but i just had to move from my seat....

Arrogance is Ignorant !!!
Texans_bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #85
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 656 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm surprised anybody gave you trouble and that the staff wouldn't help. The Patriots are very strict about this sort of thing and have a no tolerance policy. If you get in trouble you will be banned from going to games and if you're a season ticket holder that means you lose your rights to those tickets.

As far as racial slurs there's no excuse for it so I won't make any. They should have been bounced no questions asked.

A couple of the local radio hosts were talking yesterday afternoon how a lot of the Houston fans acted like yahoo's at CBS Scene in particular. I kind of rolled my eyes when they said it because your fans have been so cool here and on the Pats boards. Maybe just a case on both side of 5% of the people giving everybody a bad name.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #86
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Disappointed to hear about the negative experiences. Boston fans are arrogant -- I guess they have a reason to be. Winning so many titles makes you pretty confident. At the same time, there's a big difference between arrogance and ass hattery.

I've been to a few red sox games and have never witnessed any aggressive fans. I've even been to the Red Sox/Yankees game twice. Then again, the Sox have been awful both times so it may just have been a case of humbled silence

I enjoy trash talking, joking around, etc. Serious insults, racist comments, threats are too much. I have zero respect for anyone who takes a game so seriously. I don't get the mentality. You aren't a player. You aren't a coach. You being there has almost zero impact on anything. Why take it so personally?
Anyone who crosses the line from entertainment or makes another fan feel legitimately scared/nervous should be kicked out.
Old 12-12-2012   #87
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Revenge!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #88
Mimayer1985
Rookie

Section: Sec. 132 row j
Rep Power: 0 Mimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVP

When were we acting like yahoos. Everyone there said we were the coolest bunch of fans. Saw a few pats fans getting kicked out. I made everyone around me laugh there asses off for a majority of the game and shook all their hands afterwards
Mimayer1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #89
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimayer1985 View Post
When were we acting like yahoos. Everyone there said we were the coolest bunch of fans. Saw a few pats fans getting kicked out. I made everyone around me laugh there asses off for a majority of the game and shook all their hands afterwards
Good for you!! That's awesome that you had an overall good experience with Pats fans!!

I pretty much gave up on Pats (save / sans a few) after the Super Bowl here in Houston... They were asshats!!! I promise! I have no respect for Patriots fans other than those (all 2) that I know and love!

1. He's a Texan fan over his beloved Pattsies, and

2. His cousin Stacy that I love very much!

The rest of the Pats fans?? SUCK IT!!!!

How long did your team suck and was considered futile???? Ummm nearly 30 maybe 40 years before y'all made it to the SB and prompltly got your asses kicked against the Bears, costing me $ 150.00 because someone gave me 17 points?

Sorry emmeffers couldn't even cover the 17..

Eff YOU, You arrogant ****s!!!
Old 12-13-2012   #90
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Patriot fans in houston for the SuperBowl did it dor me. I will forever hope they lose each and every year for the rest of my existance for the a holes that took a bite out of my Super Bowl Hat
Old 12-13-2012   #91
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Patriot fans in houston for the SuperBowl did it dor me. I will forever hope they lose each and every year for the rest of my existance for the a holes that took a bite out of my Super Bowl Hat
Exactly Joe............ They were jackasses!!!!!

AND........ That's being "lighthearted"!!!!!
Old 12-14-2012   #92
Mimayer1985
Rookie

Section: Sec. 132 row j
Rep Power: 0 Mimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVPMimayer1985 was voted MVP

Yeah I remember them down here were absolutely horrible. Luckily for me I got to go to the panthers after party, yeah they didn't win but were still all happy to be there and they all thought our city was awesome.had a blast there
Mimayer1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #93
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimayer1985 View Post
This. I have learned to get to your seats early in away games and greet the people around you and tell them you are just hoping for a good close game. I have even bouth beers for ppl around me when I been to away games.
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #94
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Good for you!! That's awesome that you had an overall good experience with Pats fans!!

I pretty much gave up on Pats (save / sans a few) after the Super Bowl here in Houston... They were asshats!!! I promise! I have no respect for Patriots fans other than those (all 2) that I know and love!

1. He's a Texan fan over his beloved Pattsies, and

2. His cousin Stacy that I love very much!

The rest of the Pats fans?? SUCK IT!!!!

How long did your team suck and was considered futile???? Ummm nearly 30 maybe 40 years before y'all made it to the SB and prompltly got your asses kicked against the Bears, costing me $ 150.00 because someone gave me 17 points?

Sorry emmeffers couldn't even cover the 17..

Eff YOU, You arrogant ****s!!!

When they were here for that superbowl I ran into some of the MOST obnoxious Pats fans. These guys when walking down the street will shove someone out of their way if they don't think you're moving fast enough. I almost got into it with some guy in a pimpsuit.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #95
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 71836 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I will forever hope they lose each and every year for the rest of my existance for the a holes that took a bite out of my Super Bowl Hat
Shut down TexansTalk, hell maybe even shut down the internet. It is all downhill from here; this sentence can never be topped. Please tell me you have pics and/or video of this.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read