Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2012   #121
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak calls out players manhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think people are already looking at that Patriots rematch, and thinking there's no way in hell Kubiak and Phillips are capable of avoiding what just happened with that team on MNF. And they're probably correct in their assumption.

So therefore, winning out and getting HFA (or not getting HFA and going to their house again) will only end in Houston losing. Again.

The conclusion then is this: We're screwed, and wouldn't be surprised if we can't even MAKE IT to the AFCC game vs. Patriots.

People are looking ahead and figuring that all of this stuff between now and then is just filler material. With the added burden of losing the AFC to the Colts, rendering our best season EVER completely pointless.

That's a tough pill to swallow when you look at it like that. No?

It is for me. I don't want to think the Colts keep winning and we find ways to lose, and we might not even get HFA. So many possibilities can happen, and based on what we've seen vs Packers and Patriots...how can we be confident that things work out for us?

This is a nervous time for a lot of people. Things could get ugly if the chips fall a certain way. It would literally be hell on earth if the worst case scenario happens. Screw how the Texans find ways to win OT games vs. Lions and Jags. Look how the COLTS win last-second games against a few of their opponents. Andrew Luck has nothing to lose and everything to gain...we, on the other hand, have a tremendous amount of pressure on us to beat his team and grab the AFCS crown.

Nothing but a playoff spot is secured. The AFC South crown is up for grabs. HFA is up for grabs. It's a helluva' time the rest of the way.
How is being a fan even fun to people like you. God never seen so many hopeless fans of an 11-2 team.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #122
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
We did mix in some zone coverage as well as switched man instead of straight man.

The D got burned because they messed up in coverage.

Again, outplayed or ill-prepared.
ill prepared they were so cuaght up in these leather jackets they didnt prepare...
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #123
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
ill prepared they were so cuaght up in these leather jackets they didnt prepare...
Seriously... there has got to be a colts forum where you would feel more comfortable.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 12-13-2012 at 09:47 PM.
thunderkyss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #124
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever heard (or read)!
Old 12-13-2012   #125
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Seriously... there has got Forsett be a colts forum where you would feel more comfortable.
dont know if forseet was suppose to be in the sentence but i have np with this forum.. i love the texans and i love the colts sadly they in same division
Old 12-13-2012   #126
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
dont know if forseet was suppose to be...
Damn droid.....
Old 12-13-2012   #127
coltfan123
Veteran

Quote:
Damn droid.....
I feel your pain..done some pretty nasty auto corrects too lol
Old 12-13-2012   #128
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

According to my statistics, Kubiak is 11-0 when the opposing team scores less than 42 points.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
Old 12-14-2012   #129
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
According to my statistics, Kubiak is 11-0 when the opposing team scores less than 42 points.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
New game plan: Hold teams under 42 points. It's foolproof!
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #130
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
As if you have better things to do LOL.

You crack me up GP
I have a lot of important things to do, actually.

There's umm.....And then there's uhh...and let's not forget about that other thing that I can't really recall at the moment.

I'm so busy I can't even remember everything I'm supposed to be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
How is being a fan even fun to people like you. God never seen so many hopeless fans of an 11-2 team.
Do you not understand that I wasn't saying that I, GP, think like that??? Can you not comprehend that I was describing what might be the mindset of others? I have read the meltdown posts on here, found them to be along the lines of "Well, how can we do this or that if we play like THAT?".

I personally think the loss is a loss and that's it. I think we can beat them at Reliant, but I think it'll be a toss-up if we had to play them at their house again. I think we win out, get HFA, and host them at Reliant. I've said that about a dozen times in other threads. if you would pay attention you'd see that.

Then again, I've never been a subscriber of your stuff because of this very thing: You don't try. Make an effort to understand the post before you post.
Old 12-14-2012   #131
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

There's umm.....And then there's uhh...and let's not forget about that other thing that I can't really recall at the moment.

I thought you were going to go with,

"I have a lot going on... maybe not right now, but later I've got a lot of things to do."

Speaking of which, why doesn't Arian have a bunch more commercials, like Subway... RG III why does he have a subway commercial & Arian doesn't?
Old 12-14-2012   #132
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought you were going to go with,

"I have a lot going on... maybe not right now, but later I've got a lot of things to do."

Speaking of which, why doesn't Arian have a bunch more commercials, like Subway... RG III why does he have a subway commercial & Arian doesn't?
Might help if he didn't spend a large part of the season as a vegan.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #133
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Might help if he didn't spend a large part of the season as a vegan.
Subway has a veggie sandwich...

Can see A23F supporting the 6" Veggie Sando....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #134
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Great read and I couldn't agree more. The team needs to look at themselves and decide, are they a champion or not?

BUT I will say Gary better turn that mirror on himself and ask, do I have what it takes to step on opponents throats like Double B? Because his lacking personality does have a way with the players and as much as I like the players enjoying their time winning, 14-2 means nothing without a Lombardi trophy in our empty trophy case.....
I don't get this attitude. Sports spectating fits in the category of "entertainment/leisure", right? 14-2 means that Texan fans, almost every week for four months, enjoyed their team winning. Why doesn't that mean anything?

I understand being results-oriented instead of process-oriented. That being said, doesn't the very nature of a leisure/entertainment activity assume it is the process that is supposed to be fun.
Old 12-14-2012   #135
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Gary called out their manhood. Great. Now we need someone to call out his manhood
Is Kubes watching big field goals yet, or is it still too much for him? Maybe the kicker is the guy who needs to tell him to man up.

Old 12-14-2012   #136
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I don't get this attitude. Sports spectating fits in the category of "entertainment/leisure", right? 14-2 means that Texan fans, almost every week for four months, enjoyed their team winning. Why doesn't that mean anything?

I understand being results-oriented instead of process-oriented. That being said, doesn't the very nature of a leisure/entertainment activity assume it is the process that is supposed to be fun.
Good point. As an example, this school shooting in Conn. is so disturbing that I don't want to even think about it. I've been trying to fill up my weekend with sports-watching stuff so I don't spend time watching cable or browsing the internet obsessing about how horrible it is.

Sports is just a game, but it does have its place as entertainment. You're 100 percent correct that sometimes, it's the simple process of sports and not the outcome that matters.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012   #137
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Found part of the locker room speech with Kubiak and Schaub

Quote:
:Kubiak: Private Schaub you had best square your ass away and start ****ting me Tiffany cufflinks or I will ..... You had best unf*ck yourself or I will unscrew your head and **** down your neck !

Yeah bored today with the rain
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012   #138
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Do you not understand that I wasn't saying that I, GP, think like that??? Can you not comprehend that I was describing what might be the mindset of others? I have read the meltdown posts on here, found them to be along the lines of "Well, how can we do this or that if we play like THAT?".

I personally think the loss is a loss and that's it. I think we can beat them at Reliant, but I think it'll be a toss-up if we had to play them at their house again. I think we win out, get HFA, and host them at Reliant. I've said that about a dozen times in other threads. if you would pay attention you'd see that.

Then again, I've never been a subscriber of your stuff because of this very thing: You don't try. Make an effort to understand the post before you post.
Really because in your post you say that they are probably correct. It seems as if it is you who cannot understand your own post.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #139
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I am lost for answers, we lost 2 of 3 after this. Maybe this wasnt a good thing.

Yes I have a tin foil hat on now being we have not been inspired since
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #140
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
i hope they were all listening to this part.
I wonder how that worked out for him.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read