Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-13-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Football betting?

If I were to take the Texans to cover the 8 point spread, but the line moves & by Sunday it's a 8.5 point spread, do the Texans have to win by 8.5 for me to get my money, or am I "locked-in" at 8?

Now the question is really if I like a bet at a given spread, say 6 but it moves to say 12 and now I think it's a bad bet, am I stuck with it?
Old 12-13-2012   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football betting?

Your bet is locked in when you place it
Old 12-13-2012   #3
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Your line is your line at the time you place the bet and if it moves the wrong way you are sol

I wish you could trade bets like stock, take a side when you know its -10 and it will narrow to say -7 and you could trade out of it before the game
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, I've got two totally opposite answers.

does it depend on where I place my bet?
Old 12-13-2012   #5
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Ok, I've got two totally opposite answers.

does it depend on where I place my bet?
Actually they are the same. Once you place the bet, the line is locked at what it is at the time of the bet. No matter what the line changes to, you are locked in at what the line was when you place the bet.

The best bet is to not bet though...
Old 12-13-2012   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Actually they are the same. Once you place the bet, the line is locked at what it is at the time of the bet. No matter what the line changes to, you are locked in at what the line was when you place the bet.

The best bet is to not bet though...
...unless you're reffing that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just like any game of luck (and this is directing toward the younger people), don't bet on anything until you know at least all the simple things about betting on that particular game.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2012   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
2012Champ said if the line moves the wrong way I'm s.o.l. what did he mean by that if I thought it was a good bet & it's locked in?
Old 12-13-2012   #9
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56771 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
2012Champ said if the line moves the wrong way I'm s.o.l. what did he mean by that if I thought it was a good bet & it's locked in?
He means that if you bet the underdog and get 8 points, and the line subsequently moves to 10, you're stuck with the 8 points and s.o.l. in regard to getting the larger point-spread.
Old 12-13-2012   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
He means that if you bet the underdog and get 8 points, and the line subsequently moves to 10, you're stuck with the 8 points and s.o.l. in regard to getting the larger point-spread.
Makes perfect sense, thanks.
Old 12-13-2012   #11
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, once you place a bet, it's done and done. Whatever you placed the bet at is what it stays for you no matter where the line moves. If you placed the bet at -8 and it drops to -1 before kickoff, you're stuck with -8.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read