Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-01-2012   #41
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: J.J. Watt aims to be dominant, go to Super Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Watt is a second year player who had a good rookie year capped by a great initial playoff game. He's not an All-Pro. He should quit with the sensational quotes and the seeking of media attention and focus on having a good follow through year.

Just a great initial game? He had 12 tackles and 2.5 sacks against the Ravens too. He's only gonna get better from what he was as a rookie which is downright scary. And he might be the hardest worker on the team.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #42
BCRich
Veteran

Rep Power: 412 BCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I was a bigger believer in JJ Watt than he, himself when we drafted him.
I was upset we took a 3-4 DE in the first round. I wasn't a Farley guy, but I wasn't expecting to take a 3-4 DE that early.
BCRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #43
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 8317 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #44
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Watt is a second year player who had a good rookie year capped by a great initial playoff game. He's not an All-Pro. He should quit with the sensational quotes and the seeking of media attention and focus on having a good follow through year.
What has he done to go out of his way to draw attention to himself? I've only heard other people talking him up, I haven't heard him being a ham or an idiot or anything.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #45
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 8317 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

When I was watching the Colts game, despite the questionable penalties, he took over the game. It was obvious he wasn't prepared to lose, and for a rookie DE to do that blew my mind.

It was more impressive than Mario in the OT Redskins game. I'm a Mario fan so..........
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012   #46
BCRich
Veteran

Rep Power: 412 BCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respectedBCRich is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
When I was watching the Colts game, despite the questionable penalties, he took over the game. It was obvious he wasn't prepared to lose, and for a rookie DE to do that blew my mind.

It was more impressive than Mario in the OT Redskins game. I'm a Mario fan so..........
A rookie DE in a 3-4...... that's unheard of imo.
BCRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #47
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The guys on NFL 32 were ragging Wade Phillips statement about JJ Watt destined to become a HOFer.

They said "Flag on the play," and Jason Taylor and that other doof began cat-calling Wade's statements.

I hope JJ and Wade see that video clip, it's on ESPN.go.com today (8-2-2012) on their NFL page. Sort of buried in with the Detroit Lions video clip.

I hope he dominates in 2012. Let's see what those guys have to say when it's over. Their comments were bulletin board stuff all the way. Not disrespectful, but definitely something JJ and Wade could use for motivation.

I'd have it playing on the largest screen I could put it on when JJ and the defense comes out to practice the next time. Make JJ stare at it and watch it. In front of the team. I bet Kubiak wouldn't even let the defense go up against the offense that day of they showed it to JJ and the gang. Out of fear.
Old 08-02-2012   #48
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The guys on NFL 32 were ragging Wade Phillips statement about JJ Watt destined to become a HOFer.

They said "Flag on the play," and Jason Taylor and that other doof began cat-calling Wade's statements.

I hope JJ and Wade see that video clip, it's on ESPN.go.com today (8-2-2012) on their NFL page. Sort of buried in with the Detroit Lions video clip.

I hope he dominates in 2012. Let's see what those guys have to say when it's over. Their comments were bulletin board stuff all the way. Not disrespectful, but definitely something JJ and Wade could use for motivation.

I'd have it playing on the largest screen I could put it on when JJ and the defense comes out to practice the next time. Make JJ stare at it and watch it. In front of the team. I bet Kubiak wouldn't even let the defense go up against the offense that day of they showed it to JJ and the gang. Out of fear.
Can't find it. Can you give a link to the vid?
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #49
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow! Some folks just don't have a clue. It's like they're watching a different sport or something.

And I'll go with Wade Phillips' observations over BullBlitz observations all day every day.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #50
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Wow! Some folks just don't have a clue. It's like they're watching a different sport or something.

And I'll go with Wade Phillips' observations over BullBlitz observations all day every day.
Ditto...

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012   #51
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/

The video that says Lions' Troubles...click it and watch it, then wait...the next video that plays will be NFL 32 OT and at the end of it is when Jason Taylor and another doofus openly laugh at and certainly mock Wade Phillips for making such an outrageous claim about JJ Watt so early into Watt's career in the NFL.

I guess that tends to be trend, former NFL players sitting on their newfound media throne looking down at the young'uns who can't quite possibly be as good as they're being hyped.

I mean, Wade sees something in JJ Watt...but no, Wade's a fool in the eyes of a few talking heads. I mean, he certainly saw Bruce Smith and coached him too...he might know something about dominant d-linemen or something.
Old 08-02-2012   #52
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/

The video that says Lions' Troubles...click it and watch it, then wait...the next video that plays will be NFL 32 OT and at the end of it is when Jason Taylor and another doofus openly laugh at and certainly mock Wade Phillips for making such an outrageous claim about JJ Watt so early into Watt's career in the NFL.

I guess that tends to be trend, former NFL players sitting on their newfound media throne looking down at the young'uns who can't quite possibly be as good as they're being hyped.

I mean, Wade sees something in JJ Watt...but no, Wade's a fool in the eyes of a few talking heads. I mean, he certainly saw Bruce Smith and coached him too...he might know something about dominant d-linemen or something.
Haha Bruce Smith dominant your not smart I openly mock you for I am Jason Taylor the greatest of all non great players.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012   #53
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 62228 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
NFL 32 OT Episode 179 Jump to 1:40
Old 12-13-2012   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
LINK
Quote:
With defensive tackle Nick Fairley finding himself in multiple jackpots this offseason, Texans fans are happier than ever that their favorite team picked defensive end J.J. Watt instead.

If Watt has his way, they’ll be even happier.

“Last year I wanted to be a contributor and just help us win games and now I want to be dominant and establish myself as a top-tier defensive end,” Watt said Tuesday, via comments distributed by the team.

So what are his overall goals? “Super Bowl,” Watt said. “That’s it.”

Watt showed flashes of dominance as a rookie. After generating 5.5 sacks during the regular season, Watt produced 3.5 in two postseason games, along with an interception he returned 29 yards for a touchdown against the Bengals in the wild-card round.

“I did some good things at the end of the year but I want to put a whole year together,” Watt said. “I started off a little rusty last year, so this year I want to come out from the gate and show everybody what I’m about and show everybody what this defense is about.”

Watt and his teammates showed plenty in 2011. If Watt becomes what he hopes to become in 2012, Watt very well may reach his objective.
Best draft pick ever.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read