Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2012   #21
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 656 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who knew Garrett Graham was that Important to our Offense ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Schianco was listed in the game book as dressed and active.

I think he was released Tuesday???
Yes my bad. I'm used to the day after being Monday and wrote the post on auto-pilot.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #22
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Yes my bad. I'm used to the day after being Monday and wrote the post on auto-pilot.
I figured that much.
Also, remember I said Graham is important to our scheme as he's our best blocking TE and he's also good at catching the ball and running route.

The Pats had adjusted to utilizing one main receiving TE (what with Hernandez being out, but now replacing Gronskowski.)

We have not been able to adjust to losing Graham.
We missed his blocking on the edges the most.
Watch our last resort extra OT Gardner got killed a few times, and you know we missed Graham sorely in the blocking department.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #23
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 656 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I figured that much.
Also, remember I said Graham is important to our scheme as he's our best blocking TE and he's also good at catching the ball and running route.

The Pats had adjusted to utilizing one main receiving TE (what with Hernandez being out, but now replacing Gronskowski.)

We have not been able to adjust to losing Graham.
We missed his blocking on the edges the most.
Watch our last resort extra OT Gardner got killed a few times, and you know we missed Graham sorely in the blocking department.
I wasn't disagreeing with you but commented on TE depth.

Although both TEs Gronk and AH play different positions and really aren't asked to do anything the other does. Gronk is a traditional TE who's equally good at blocking and receiving and can get vertical. AH is more of a WR\HB hybrid. They'll line him up anywhere. So the adjustment is quite different. Losing AH takes away a lot of flexibility to attack what a team struggles against the most. Losing Gronk takes away a lot physicality and teams don't have to worry about the TE off of play action. Both are different types of nightmare matchups.
Old 12-13-2012   #24
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wasn't disagreeing with you but commented on TE depth.

Although both TEs Gronk and AH play different positions and really aren't asked to do anything the other does. Gronk is a traditional TE who's equally good at blocking and receiving and can get vertical. AH is more of a WR\HB hybrid. They'll line him up anywhere. So the adjustment is quite different. Losing AH takes away a lot of flexibility to attack what a team struggles against the most. Losing Gronk takes away a lot physicality and teams don't have to worry about the TE off of play action. Both are different types of nightmare matchups.
Oh I agree.

My main point is that Hernandez was out for a while, and the Pats made some adjustment.

Then when the Gronk went out, the Pats have the time to make adjusment for us.

Both teams lost a TE for this past game, the Pats had more time to adjust to it; that is all I was saying.

There are still plenty of offensive weapons; Graham meant more in blocking to the Texans than the Gronk to the Pats.
Old 12-13-2012   #25
Everlong
Rookie

Yes I would agree on the blocking since Fells and Hoo are very capable.
Old 12-13-2012   #26
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I don't think we ran it up the middle as often as many are making it out to be. The offensive line was getting blown up, up the middle & our RB never had a chance to get outside.

I really doubt we had any runs "planned" to go between the guards.
You make it sound like the Texans were being...dominated.
Old 12-13-2012   #27
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You make it sound like the Texans were being...dominated.
Our offense was dominated.

I think it is important to differentiate. Like every one else, I was worried that our defense wouldn't be able to keep us in a game against the Pats. I might have said differently, but I was. We haven't been playing well defensively for a long time.

I saw enough to know our defense is good enough to get 3 or 4 stops. If we can limit the Patriots to 6 or 7 possessions through the entire game (eight at the most). Our chances of winning a rematch goes up exponentially.

Provided our offense shows up. I don't think anyone predicted our offense would get shut out in the first half.
Old 12-13-2012   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes I would agree on the blocking since Fells and Hoo are very capable.
That was the key thing I talked about.
The Pats don't miss that part of the game as much as we do.
They have plenty of weapons to throw around to make up the difference.
Scheme-wise, and time-line wise, if there was a set back, it doesn't give the Texans any edge, if anything, a negative point since our backend was getting thin while yours was on the up.

But you roll with what you have.

All I'm saying is that our safeties (none injured) have been playing under their norm.
Old 12-13-2012   #29
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

No excuses just because GG is not there does that mean we can only score 7 points on the pats D ...????

we wet our selfs last week on O
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read