Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2012   #141
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Letterman Jackets

Whatever - people love to hate on the Texans for being the feel good team on the rise only to crap it away and let people down. I say keep the stinking jackets and prove that you can have personality and still be a bad ass pro team. Keep the jackets as a reminder of how awful that loss felt and how you never want to feel like that again!
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #142
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-12-2012   #143
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I love how folks like to find something so mundane as Letterman jackets as a cause of a loss. Like the damn jackets had anything to do with players not being in the right positions and players not executing...No,no those damn jackets were the root of all this evil...

Hell people already laugh at the "Bulls on Parade" moniker so screw other people's perception. March to the beat of your own drum and F the World...

Texans got their asses handed to them by a 3 time Super Bowl Champ, period, end of discussion.

That game proved one thing, that one team knows they are good enough to win a Super Bowl and the other team only hopes to just get there... Until the Texans start playing with the SWAG the Patriots have every single week, their asses will keep getting handed to them by the elite...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....

Last edited by BullNation4Life; 12-12-2012 at 11:06 AM.
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #144
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno. The fact these guys had their minds on letterman jackets the week before this game kinda tells me somethin'...

There's a thread around here somewhere stating that Cushing said the whole team seemed shell-shocked before the game the other night. They sure played like it, especially most of the secondary (and our backup right-side O-line, but they suck anyway).

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #145
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I dunno. The fact these guys had their minds on letterman jackets the week before this game kinda tells me somethin'...

There's a thread around here somewhere stating that Cushing said the whole team seemed shell-shocked before the game the other night. They sure played like it, especially most of the secondary (and our backup right-side O-line, but they suck anyway).
and this is what I was referencing.... you really think these guys only had one thing on their minds all week, a jacket? Really? REALLY? really? Really?

Not the fact they were going into a place where the home was 21-1 in the month of December, going against one of the most prolific passers the NFL has EVER seen, and a head coach, a noted genius and one of the best head coaches EVER in the NFL, that has been to 5 Super Bowls and won 3 of them..

No none of THAT crossed their minds all week, no it was those damn jackets...

Ugh my head hurts...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #146
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
and this is what I was referencing.... you really think these guys only had one thing on their minds all week, a jacket? Really? REALLY? really? Really?

Not the fact they were going into a place where the home was 21-1 in the month of December, going against one of the most prolific passers the NFL has EVER seen, and a head coach, a noted genius and one of the best head coaches EVER in the NFL, that has been to 5 Super Bowls and won 3 of them..

No none of THAT crossed their minds all week, no it was those damn jackets...

Ugh my head hurts...
Don't get all upset. I know they didn't just think about jackets and Cody's show all week, but I'd rather they think about letterman jackets when we are about to play the Jaguars or something. It's just not a good sign. For what it's worth, I don't see that it would do them any good to get rid of them now. Matter of fact, I think Kubiak outta have the score of that game put on the back of them and make them wear them for a while. He could use one for himself too. Those guys were not ready for that Foxboro crowd or the swayed referees. You gotta know you're going into hostile territory and be mentally prepared for a battle.

Old 12-12-2012   #147
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I love how folks like to find something so mundane as Letterman jackets as a cause of a loss. Like the damn jackets had anything to do with players not being in the right positions and players not executing...No,no those damn jackets were the root of all this evil...

Hell people already laugh at the "Bulls on Parade" moniker so screw other people's perception. March to the beat of your own drum and F the World...

Texans got their asses handed to them by a 3 time Super Bowl Champ, period, end of discussion.

That game proved one thing, that one team knows they are good enough to win a Super Bowl and the other team only hopes to just get there... Until the Texans start playing with the SWAG the Patriots have every single week, their asses will keep getting handed to them by the elite...
I'd rep you if I could.

This thread is making me miss the whiny 'Why don't we get any respect' thread.

Stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 12-12-2012   #148
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I do not think the jackets themselves were any kind of distraction.

However, it is what those jackets represent. The whole "high school kids getting on a yellow bus" vibe is kinda' strange for a pro team that has Super Bowl aspirations.

Some of the players were saying last week that this was one of the biggest games in franchise history (including AJ).

They were geeked about this game and came out flat.

Meanwhile, the Patriots, a team with championship history, just saw it as another game on the schedule. They gave props to the Texans as being a good team, but they weren't amped up for it. They are used to "big games".

The difference is that the Patriots acted like they had been there before, while the Texans were acting like a bunch of school kids on a road trip to the 5A championship game in Odessa. That is what those jackets represent, the attitude of a team that was acting like it had never been there before.

And this is why I think the Texans are still growing into the role of being a top-level team. Everything this franchise does has been gradual steps. They learn from mistakes and mature with each step. It's why I do not think this year will be a Super Bowl trip, but I do think they are going in the right direction and will use games like Monday night to grow into a truly elite team.

It's not a bad thing. This franchise is still young. Growing pains and all that stuff. It's just something we need to understand as fans.
Old 12-12-2012   #149
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I do not think the jackets themselves were any kind of distraction.

However, it is what those jackets represent. The whole "high school kids getting on a yellow bus" vibe is kinda' strange for a pro team that has Super Bowl aspirations.

Some of the players were saying last week that this was one of the biggest games in franchise history (including AJ).

They were geeked about this game and came out flat.

Meanwhile, the Patriots, a team with championship history, just saw it as another game on the schedule. They gave props to the Texans as being a good team, but they weren't amped up for it. They are used to "big games".

The difference is that the Patriots acted like they had been there before, while the Texans were acting like a bunch of school kids on a road trip to the 5A championship game in Odessa. That is what those jackets represent, the attitude of a team that was acting like it had never been there before.

And this is why I think the Texans are still growing into the role of being a top-level team. Everything this franchise does has been gradual steps. They learn from mistakes and mature with each step. It's why I do not think this year will be a Super Bowl trip, but I do think they are going in the right direction and will use games like Monday night to grow into a truly elite team.

It's not a bad thing. This franchise is still young. Growing pains and all that stuff. It's just something we need to understand as fans.
What he said. Mostly.

Old 12-12-2012   #150
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No one is saying that's all they had their minds on, or that it had anything to do with the result...

But it doesn't send the right message for the team to even have jackets on their minds heading into a game like this. Especially when you follow it up with that showing.

edit.

Double Barrel pretty much summed it up.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #151
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Idgits should learn to act like professionals.

Like a Super Bowl team.

Like they belong.

Not messing around with these sheninagins.

GAWD......
Old 12-12-2012   #152
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Every time I think of those jackets I think of the picture of Barwin posing in his jacket. I am seriously getting tired of this dude spending his week on "On the Nose" and doing other **** instead of trying to actually contribute to this team, something which he has not done all season long. We need to cut ties with this bum after the season.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #153
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 143833 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
Every time I think of those jackets I think of the picture of Barwin posing in his jacket. I am seriously getting tired of this dude spending his week on "On the Nose" and doing other **** instead of trying to actually contribute to this team, something which he has not done all season long. We need to cut ties with this bum after the season.
He picked a bad season to suck. Somebody will pay him next season, I hope it isn't us.
Old 12-13-2012   #154
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Idgits should learn to act like professionals.

Like a Super Bowl team.

Like they belong.

Not messing around with these sheninagins.

GAWD......
I guess when you win it becomes iconic.

Funny thing is had the texans won everyone would be pumped about the lettermen jackets. Your probably have tons of fans going out and getting one to wear to the game this weekend.

I hope they keep wearing them.

That stuff doesn't negatively affect how you play football unless you start believing it does.

They didn't lose because if the jackets. They loss because they were unprepared and failed to make plays.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #155
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

They didn't lose because if the jackets. They loss because they were unprepared and failed to make plays.
You'd have thought they would have had a plan for the Patriots' hurry up offense.... or sugar huddle or what ever you want to call it. You'd have thought they would have had "rules" for Welker & Hernandez... maybe even Woodhead.

But it looked like they didn't, like they treated them like any other players.
Old 12-13-2012   #156
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

So tuesday, a cowboys fan at work sends me an email and says,"guess you see now how bad your team sucks when you play a contender. Yall need to burn those stupid jackets!"

My response was,"Your right, my team sucked this week,but at least our teammates didnt kill each other."
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #157
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22045 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
=

love it!

i read somewhere it was appropriate the texans wore letterman jackets to NE, because brady took them to school!
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #158
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
So tuesday, a cowboys fan at work sends me an email and says,"guess you see now how bad your team sucks when you play a contender. Yall need to burn those stupid jackets!"

My response was,"Your right, my team sucked this week,but at least our teammates didnt kill each other."
I think that should be off limits for trash talking...

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #159
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think that should be off limits for trash talking...
Maybe. I wasnt in the mood for bs and skipped the foreplay.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #160
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
You see the thing is that he's a hipster. It's SO cliche to put up big numbers in a contract year so Connor is going counter culture and stinking up the joint. He's earning cool points with his hipster buddies.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read