Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2012   #61
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak calls out players manhood

Courtesy of Hagar's manhood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkTvbyjv9nE
Old 12-12-2012   #62
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad Kubes told them that.

I didn't care for the 2 bs PI calls - superstar franchise calls imo
Kubes play calling was JV - fo sho.
MS was poor in accuracy, timing and decision making - he needs to man up.
I didn't care for TB excessive celebration and for whispering in zebra's ear after tasting turf
As for Belichick, hmm - after Spygate, no superbowl wins. Legacy of cheating
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #63
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

The one good coach we've ever had and we want to run him off because were 11-2...
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #64
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
The one good coach we've ever had and we want to run him off because were 11-2...
Not too many pink soapers these days, but accountabilty starts with yourself. Want to demand I be accountable? Show me how accountable you are. Kubes is a pretty good coach, but this calling out seems more for show considering how poor some ofhis decisions were.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #65
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

It'd be awesome if during Kubiak's presser...Glover Quin and Brandon Harris ran from the side and shoved him in the back, knocking Kubiak to the ground....then they run off with their hands in the air like "I didn't do anything!"
Old 12-12-2012   #66
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

(shaking my head)
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #67
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94459 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
It'd be awesome if during Kubiak's presser...Glover Quin and Brandon Harris ran from the side and shoved him in the back, knocking Kubiak to the ground....then they run off with their hands in the air like "I didn't do anything!"
Only if Winston is cut by the Chiefs and holds him while Antonio Smith is jumping offsides for a distraction. Almost like a James Bond movie!!!
Old 12-12-2012   #68
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Not too many pink soapers these days, but accountabilty starts with yourself. Want to demand I be accountable? Show me how accountable you are. Kubes is a pretty good coach, but this calling out seems more for show considering how poor some ofhis decisions were.
Kubiak is extremely respected by his players. Just cause he's calling out his players doesn't mean he didn't call out himself in front of the players too. I like what he did and I think the players needed to hear it.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #69
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Kubiak is extremely respected by his players. Just cause he's calling out his players doesn't mean he didn't call out himself in front of the players too. I like what he did and I think the players needed to hear it.
I like what he did,too. I just hope he gets a little introspective while doing it. He called a bad game and the players executed it poorly on Monday night. It's not the end of the world (that happens on the 21st) but he has culpability in the loss, as well.
Old 12-13-2012   #70
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Only if Winston is cut by the Chiefs and holds him while Antonio Smith is jumping offsides for a distraction. Almost like a James Bond movie!!!
Ha ha ha! Niiiice.
Old 12-13-2012   #71
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup. But supposedly those 2 tell more than the 11. I think it's mostly these folks hoisted their flag to the hate Kubiak ship long ago and are having trouble now that ship is sinking.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #72
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
to my eyes, this was a coaching loss. not a players failing to make plays loss.
i can only count to ten, but surely there's more boneheaded plays called in that game than my fingers?
Then your eyes suck. The usually reliable KW drops a pass to extend a drive. Schaub ignores the open receiver to try to hit the TD. KJ doesn't pick up the fumble. That's 3 plays off of the top of my head. That is the very definition of players not making plays.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Then your eyes suck. The usually reliable KW drops a pass to extend a drive. Schaub ignores the open receiver to try to hit the TD. KJ doesn't pick up the fumble. That's 3 plays off of the top of my head. That is the very definition of players not making plays.

Mike
Exactly. The interception is on our drive right after Brady's first TD. That would have tied the score. Arian wasn't in the end zone, but there isn't a defender anywhere near him that could have stopped him from scoring (unless he slipped). That's the throw Matt takes 99% of the time.

On the Bradies ensuing drive, is the one where Hernandez is left all alone split wide. That's another player mistake that helped the Pats on an 80 yard scoring drive.

Then there were several plays where blocking assignments got screwed up & led to sacks or TFLs.

Then there was the ball put right in Quins hands. I love Quin, but you can't tell me any safety considered "better than average" doesn't come down with that ball in a game of that magnitude.

& I totally agree, That's a catch Walter makes 99% of the time. It's not that it hit him in the hands, he caught it. He had it secured. But lost control as the defender hit him & he went to the ground. This is what they refer to when they say we're soft.

We kept getting punched in the mouth & instead of punching back, we went full fetal.
Old 12-13-2012   #74
Steal Your Face
Rookie

Section: 119
Rep Power: 857 Steal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Umm...the Pats had 12 men on the field. At least that was what the commentators said. Yes it looks like Belichick made an adjustment but I seriously doubt he takes a timeout after 2 plays and less than 1 minute off the clock just to make an adjustment.

As for all the "Kubiak should take the blame" peeps - he has been crucified by fans & media after losses for always saying "it's on me". I'm sure he takes responsiblity for the problems as usual even if it isn't reported. Kubiak has flaws - taking the blame has never been one of them though.

Also the problems in the Patriots game were from the top down. Kubiak, Phillips and the players blew it. You can blame Kubiak all you want but it's not Kubiak that failed to catch balls, throw balls poorly, failed to pick up fumbles or make stupid penalties. Coaches can only do so much. Players still have to execute what they are coached to do (or not to do). This was a team loss.

Can't wait to put this garbage game behind us.
Steal Your Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #75
GP 
Go Texans!

When your head coach hits his ceiling, so does the team.

You can't explain it away. Sure, it sounds good to say that the players just didn't "execute" the way they should have. But honestly, your team's players will show you just how prepared their coaches have made them.

I think this is a team led by a head coach who genuinely thinks that IF his system is dynamite (and it IS dynamite, proof is there) and IF he stocks it with the right players (and he HAS, the proof is there) and IF they have a productive camp, productive preseason and roll off some wins in the reg season....then this SHOULD add up to his team being able to hang with anybody. After all, we have the system, the talent, and the experience to get it done.

But what I think they are failing to do, IMO, is to truly and definitively take opponents seriously enough. When was the last time you saw us do something out of the ordinary, and I'm not talking Chris Brown Halfback Pass type of "out of the ordinary." We have set plays, set formations, and we rarely deviate from that, if EVER! It's the idea that nobody can beat us if we line up and give it our very best. I think we're dealing with a head coach who, frankly speaking, doesn't want to put much stock into devising a specific attack for each week's opponent.

That's how you end up rolling into the Patriots' house and getting clowned as bad as we did last Monday night. That's how you allow a Packers team to come to YOUR house and clown you all night long.

But this is on the PLAYERS? Okie dokie.
Old 12-13-2012   #76
GP 
Go Texans!

Another issue is the different systems or styles of offense.

Kubiak's offense is based on set plays, set formations, and out of those you have many options but it essentially isn't anything ultra complicated in its composition. A WR runs a slant, the TE runs an out, the RB flares to the flat, etc. If you have enough film on us, if you spend enough time on it, you can see what our tendencies are out of certain formations--Who the go-to guys usually are, where Matt might option out IF he gets pressure, etc.

In the Patriots' style of offense, it's hard to pinpoint what's going to happen. It's the spread offense. It's damn near Mike Leach Texas Tech-era spread offense, actually, especially when you see how much Wes Welker (A TTU player who played for Leach) thrives in it. In that offense, receivers have zones to operate within...but yet there's freedom to find the open spots on the field within those zones. So it doesn't matter if you defend with man or with zone, you're probably screwed either way. Because the WR and TE will run your CB or your S out of the intended target zone, then break into that open spot on the field. Brady and his receivers are literally reading the field at the same time, and they both know where the ball will likely be going as that play develops.

When your secondary is beat up, when your ILBs are beat up, you are so behind the 8-ball it's not even funny. Because you DID have a small chance if your whole defense is available to defend it. But when you're weakened and dealing with 3rd stringers and street guys??? LOL. No chance at all. You have to rely on pressure from the DL and that the QB or WR/TE might screw up.

If I had to choose a system, I'd choose the Patriots all day long. The league by its very rules its implementing is set up to be a passing league anyways. So it plays right into the hands of a team like the Patriots.

Mike Leach is honestly missing a big payday by not being a play caller in the NFL. Less headaches, too. He's a genius at this ****, no matter what you might think of him as a coach or a person. His results speak for his talent: Took the TTU Red Raiders to 10 bowl appearances in 10 years. I don't think his style of coaching AND system fits the area he's coaching in right now, though. I don't think that area of the U.S. has the attitude you need to make the system work. You have to be very rough, very hardened, almost a bit Outlaw'ish to make that system really work. He's in a region of the U.S. that is just soft and squishy when it comes to this brand of football. I don't think he'll get anything done there, tbh. OK, rant ended.
Old 12-13-2012   #77
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I think one of the things that really screwed the Texans was that they were actually awed by the Pats. Put them on a pedestal if you will. Underestimated just how fast & fluid their offense is & how versatile & potent their defense was.

To me, it's no difference than when players used to say they weren't prepared for Andre. You just don't know how fast or strong he is until he's running past you or dragging you ten yards.

Same thing with Arian, Urlacher saying he's a bad MoFo. Watching it on TV or game film is not the same as seeing it in person.

What I think is funny, is that we do the same thing here. We put the Patriots on a pedestal that we can't reach. I mean just look at the way we've waxed poetically about Bellichick & Brady. But we're just fans, so it really doesn't affect anything.

Quote:
When your head coach hits his ceiling, so does the team.
I wonder if that's the same line of thinking the Browns were going through when they decided to let Bellichick go. Not that I think Kubiak is in that league, just wondering.

We know what we've got with Kubiak. The Browns knew what they had in Bellichick. Maybe it took that axe for Bellichick to be who he became, maybe that's what Gary needs to bust through that ceiling. Maybe that's what Kubiak needs.

This is a WHYDFML league & after what Kubiak's done the last two seasons, there is no doubt in my mind he'd get another HC job. & if he falls in with an established front office (a Team that regularly goes to the play-offs) there's no telling what he might do. The Eagles maybe, the Chargers, Chicago... who knows what he might do?
Quote:
You can't explain it away. Sure, it sounds good to say that the players just didn't "execute" the way they should have. But honestly, your team's players will show you just how prepared their coaches have made them.
& this is why we bring up the Arizona, Seattle, & Baltimore games. Obviously Bellichick didn't have his teams prepared to play those games. Kubiak screwed the pooch when we went against two of the best teams in the league.... eh... lets not blow it out of proportion.
Quote:
But what I think they are failing to do, IMO, is to truly and definitively take opponents seriously enough. When was the last time you saw us do something out of the ordinary, and I'm not talking Chris Brown Halfback Pass type of "out of the ordinary." We have set plays, set formations, and we rarely deviate from that, if EVER! It's the idea that nobody can beat us if we line up and give it our very best. I think we're dealing with a head coach who, frankly speaking, doesn't want to put much stock into devising a specific attack for each week's opponent.
I understand what you're saying here. But truthfully, we've seen so many formations & motions from Kubiak over the years, It's going to be hard to come up with something "new" again.

Again, Monday night I thought Kubiak thought it was important enough to stretch the field against the Pats & put LeStar Jean on the field more than I think he's been in a game all year. He was targeted four times & made a couple of good catches.

Having said that, I think he is too concerned about doing the right things. Instead of pitching the ball to get Arian outside, or using counter plays to fool the defense, he's going to run his stretch play & expect his guys to run against 8 man fronts. While I agree that we need to be good at "what we do" if we're going to get to where we want to be, when it's not going your way, you have to do whatever it takes.

We got blown out trying to do it his way... throwing in a few monkey wrenches wasn't going to make it any worse.

Quote:
That's how you end up rolling into the Patriots' house and getting clowned as bad as we did last Monday night. That's how you allow a Packers team to come to YOUR house and clown you all night long.

But this is on the PLAYERS? Okie dokie.
I agree, with better coaching we could have won that game. That's pretty much what I've been saying when I say Wade adjusted. Inferring that Kubiak did not.

But if the players played better, do you think we could have won with Gary's game plan?

If Myers didn't screw up the blocking assignments & more of our runs were like Arians first two (12 yards, then 15 yards) do you think we could have ran the ball better? Do you think we could have won the game?

If Kevin Walter would have caught that one pass, the one that you'd bet money on him catching 99.999% of the time, do you think that would have changed the fact that we got blown out?

If Matt Schaub would have put that ball in LeStar's numbers instead of 5 feet over his head? Or went to Arian for a 13 yard gain instead of trying to get greedy with that touch-down to Walter? Or put the ball in front of Andre running a slant or over his head when he beats the defense... do you think we'd still get blown out?

If the defense were prepared for the quick snap, if our safeties played deep, if Jjo played like he did last year, if our LBs would shoot the gap instead of watching them develop, do you think we'd have got blown out?

I agree the coach deserves some of this. I'm sure he knows "it's on me." But do you think the players deserve any of it?
Old 12-13-2012   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
If I had to choose a system, I'd choose the Patriots all day long. The league by its very rules its implementing is set up to be a passing league anyways. So it plays right into the hands of a team like the Patriots.
Well you better have a Tom Brady too. Those guys don't grow on trees. If you're going to be the rest of the NFL the only way you have a chance of winning it all is a strong defense & a good running game to keep those elite QBs on the sideline.
Old 12-13-2012   #79
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like what he did,too. I just hope he gets a little introspective while doing it. He called a bad game and the players executed it poorly on Monday night. It's not the end of the world (that happens on the 21st) but he has culpability in the loss, as well.
He said in the press conference yesterday that they need to do a better job coaching, too, so I don't see him shrinking from his part in it.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #80
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Anything worth having doesn't come easily. Those with something of value will NOT relinguish it without one hell of a fight. New England's day in the sun is OVER but like most great ones they won't simply tip their hats and walk quietly into the sunset. They have to be beaten without compassion and humiliated before they get that.
Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard and Mike Tyson all had ONE thing in common they were GREAT champions who didn't know when to exit gracefully and had to take a public asswhipping to realize it was over.

I'm ready for this Houston Texans team to be the Larry Holmes to Thomasina Brady's Muhammad Ali. He won't step aside, so it's time to burn Monday night into the team's subconscious and give him a well deserved public beat down when they return in January.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read