Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2012   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Injury Report........Colts

Didn't practice today:

Ball
Reed
Sharpton (now it's a TOE)
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #2
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Injury Report........Colts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Didn't practice today:

Ball
Reed
Sharpton (now it's a TOE)
Man just can't stay healthy. Really need to be looking at ILBs hard next April. Our most glaring Achilles heel right now. Cush will be back but we need another one just like him standing right beside him.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

We need Derek Newton and Graham back 100%
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
We need Derek Newton and Graham back 100%
And apparently they both were out @ Practice today because the list C&D posted didn't include either of those two guys. That's good news.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #5
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
And apparently they both were out @ Practice today because the list C&D posted didn't include either of those two guys. That's good news.
True. But I believe both practiced last week too.
Old 12-12-2012   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Newton "limited" practice still

Graham released for full practice
Old 12-12-2012   #7
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Man just can't stay healthy. Really need to be looking at ILBs hard next April. Our most glaring Achilles heel right now. Cush will be back but we need another one just like him standing right beside him.
IŽd say O-Line is our biggest need... did you notice how much our running game suffered this year. Yeah, we are still pretty good, but last year we ran on almost everybody at will - now I see lots of stops right at the line of scrimmage.

A good RT would do wonders, and a good G might help as well... at ILB we have Cushing, James, Sharpton, Dobbins, Ruud... that`s not too bad. Every position hurts when your best player goes down.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2012   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Our most glaring Achilles heel right now. Cush will be back but we need another one just like him standing right beside him.
I really think this could be Brooks. I think he'd be awesome inside.
Old 12-12-2012   #9
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
IŽd say O-Line is our biggest need... did you notice how much our running game suffered this year. Yeah, we are still pretty good, but last year we ran on almost everybody at will - now I see lots of stops right at the line of scrimmage.

A good RT would do wonders, and a good G might help as well... at ILB we have Cushing, James, Sharpton, Dobbins, Ruud... that`s not too bad. Every position hurts when your best player goes down.
Thats the problem with our defense. Only 1 star LB. It sets us up for failure on D if the wrong guy goes down. We need another star at LB as bad as any position need right now.
Old 12-12-2012   #10
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Myself as well. He's had a few snaps there so far. I don't know what Wade's opinion is but with a full off season of coaching I think he could shine there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Thats the problem with our defense. Only 1 star LB. It sets us up for failure on D if the wrong guy goes down. We need another star at LB as bad as any position need right now.
Exactly my point. I think the 0 line will jell with time. Especially when Brooks gets more live fire reps. I think he's going to be killer. That and I think Newt is only going to get better and better. I believe a bunch of folks are giving up on him WAY too soon. Look back at how long it took Duane and Briesel to become rock solid. It wasn't suck one game, pro bowler the next.

I think a lot of folks are just a little impatient. I can understand that to a degree but damn, we all know it takes time for linemen in the ZBS to come together and work in unison. It doesn't happen over night. Granted, Jones got handled by Wilfolk but damn, we're not talking about him going up against Okoye or some one of his caliber.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I think a little patience might be the key here.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Drs,

I can see patience leading to good things, especially with OL Brooks.

But I'm still wondering what purpose Gardner serves on this team except as a pinata.
Old 12-12-2012   #12
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post

I'd like to draft a RT and move Newton to the swing tackle. I'm fine with grooming Jones & Brooks as the future starting guards.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Donnie Jones also didn't practice. It is humorous to see how the Texans specifically identified his injured knee as on his non-punting side........the right leg. Even so, such an injury can easily destabilize his delivery and effect accuracy as well as force behind his punts. Hopefully this will not be the case.

Old 12-12-2012   #14
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Donnie Jones also didn't practice. It is humorous to see how the Texans specifically identified his injured knee as on his non-punting side........the right leg. Even so, such an injury can easily destabilize his delivery and effect accuracy as well as force behind his punts. Hopefully this will not be the case.

Hope Matt Turk has been staying in shape just in case! *shudders*
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Has 4 the colts

Dwight Freeney LB Did Not Participate In Practice

Samson Satele C Did Not Participate In Practice

Delone Carter RB Did Not Participate In Practice

Tom Zbikowski S Did Not Participate In Practice

Winston Justice T Did Not Participate In Practice

Donnie Avery WR Limited Participation in Practice

Kavell Conner LB Did Not Participate In Practice

Man after the colts hit the reset button i dont know any of there players ...LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #16
TheDream34
Veteran

Rep Power: 558 TheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheDream34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Has 4 the colts

Dwight Freeney LB Did Not Participate In Practice

Samson Satele C Did Not Participate In Practice

Delone Carter RB Did Not Participate In Practice

Tom Zbikowski S Did Not Participate In Practice

Winston Justice T Did Not Participate In Practice

Donnie Avery WR Limited Participation in Practice

Kavell Conner LB Did Not Participate In Practice

Man after the colts hit the reset button i dont know any of there players ...LOL
Hopefully you know who Dwight Freeny is. Dude has tormented the Texans for a decade now.
TheDream34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #17
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
Hopefully you know who Dwight Freeny is. Dude has tormented the Texans for a decade now.
pfff dude is a bum Now
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #18
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
pfff dude is a bum Now
Wow. You must be snowed in over in Norgland and cuoff from reality.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #19
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream34 View Post
Quote:
pfff dude is a bum Now
Wait, how can you know he's a bum if you don't know any of there players?
Old 12-13-2012   #20
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

I've been saying the same thing for a few weeks now. We could fix our need for an athletic ILB by moving Reed inside and then draft a mid-late round OLB for depth. The 3-4 ILB position seems to be going through a transition in the NFL lately. They seem to be moving away from the big thumper that solely plays the run, to a more athletic ILB. Even Ray Lewis has lost alot of weight in order to increase his speed and adjust to the new position needs. Kiko Alonso-ILB from Oregon would be nice in the 3rd round.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read