Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2012   #41
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak calls out players manhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
It's not the results tk.

It's THE WAY WE PLAY.

We play the same kind of ball we always have under kubiak. It's just now we have more talent. But when you run into a better team on a mission you get what you get this past Monday. When you face Detroit, the jags and teams like that you just out talent them.

You name a few games where the patriots might not have been on top of their game (I dont know...I didn't watch, maybe the other teams just stepped their game up) but assumning you're right, those games are aberrations for them...

Games where we play good football for most of the game are aberrations for us.
Sooo the Cardinals, Seahawks, and Ravens "out talented" Tom Brady and the Patriots??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #42
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Sooo the Cardinals, Seahawks, and Ravens "out talented" Tom Brady and the Patriots??
Please go back and read what I wrote. I can't even respond to that because it has 0 to do with what I said.

I said either those teams rose their game or the patriots played worse than they normally do.

You think coaching and having a team come out prepared to play was the reason we beat Detroit?

No, we got a little lucky and their coach might happen to be worse at managing the game than ours.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #43
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please go back and read what I wrote. I can't even respond to that because it has 0 to do with what I said.

I said either those teams rose their game or the patriots played worse than they normally do.

You think coaching and having a team come out prepared to play was the reason we beat Detroit?

No, we got a little lucky and their coach might happen to be worse at managing the game than ours.
Okay... I'll give you that point... Those teams could have upped their play level to go against the Pats... or Belichick could have taken those teams lightly and under prepared... or Brady may not have been razor sharp against them like he was against us.
Most likely it was some combination of those three things...

My original response was aimed at your point that we got most of our 11 wins off of luck and/or superior talent. I doubt that seriously. But I'm not going to waste your time trying to convince you otherwise.

Sorry I interrupted your mutual rant society meeting.

Enjoy.

Edit:
For the Official Record, no one is more pissed about getting our collective a$$es kicked (nation TV or not) than I am. The difference is, I put the blame on the players who are paid to make the damned plays, throw the damned ball accurately, catch the damned ball (looking at you KW), not block in the back, and do something to stop Vince Wolfolk from occupying our backfield. I don't care what's called, it's up to the players to make it happen.
THEY didn't.
THEY should be called out
And NO, HELL No, the coaches - from Kubiak on down - are not without fault. But when my boss gives me a job, its on ME to get it done. It's only on him when he knows, before he asks, that I can't do it. That is why I hold the players responsible.
/Rant
Old 12-12-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I'm sorry you guys had to wait so long to say, "I told you so." I'm sorry Kubiak said something, or did something to make you think we were as good as the Patriots & the Packers. Why else would you be so mad? As if someone lied to you.

I'm sorry we aren't as dominating a team as you would like us to be when we're starting our second RG (rookie) third RT, third OLB, third ILB, 4th CB, lost our best defensive player, & our best corner back hasn't been healthy all year.

I'm sorry that the best this coaching staff can do with their third string players is 11-2.

I'm sorry we haven't played any good football this year & still manage to be 11-2 despite playing 4 division leaders & the Packers.

I'm sorry the team we have doesn't act like a team that has been in 6 Super Bowls & won 3.

I'm sorry that "W-Ls is all that matters!!!" doesn't matter any more since we are 11-2.

I wish I could say something to help you enjoy what the team accomplished instead of fixating on what they haven't, or get all bent out of shape about losing a game they haven't even played yet.

I'm sorry.
Old 12-12-2012   #45
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'm sorry you guys had to wait so long to say, "I told you so." I'm sorry Kubiak said something, or did something to make you think we were as good as the Patriots & the Packers. Why else would you be so mad? As if someone lied to you.

I'm sorry we aren't as dominating a team as you would like us to be when we're starting our second RG (rookie) third RT, third OLB, third ILB, 4th CB, lost our best defensive player, & our best corner back hasn't been healthy all year.

I'm sorry that the best this coaching staff can do with their third string players is 11-2.

I'm sorry we haven't played any good football this year & still manage to be 11-2 despite playing 4 division leaders & the Packers.

I'm sorry that "W-Ls is all that matters!!!" doesn't matter any more since we are 11-2.

I wish I could say something to help you enjoy what the team accomplished instead of fixating on what they haven't, or get all bent out of shape about losing a game they haven't even played yet.

I'm sorry.
Sorry ain't good enuff!!
Old 12-12-2012   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
to my eyes, this was a coaching loss. not a players failing to make plays loss.
i can only count to ten, but surely there's more boneheaded plays called in that game than my fingers?
I can count to a hundred.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #47
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's not the results tk.

It's THE WAY WE PLAY.

We play the same kind of ball we always have under kubiak. It's just now we have more talent. But when you run into a better team on a mission you get what you get this past Monday. When you face Detroit, the jags and teams like that you just out talent them....eventually....

You name a few games where the patriots might not have been on top of their game (I dont know...I didn't watch, maybe the other teams just stepped their game up) but assumning you're right, those games are aberrations for them...

You haven't been to the Pats MB. The grass is always greener on the other side.
Old 12-12-2012   #48
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You haven't been to the Pats MB. The grass is always greener on the other side.
Yeah...I'd say three Superbowl trophies in 5 appearances and an all time great coach and QB sure looks greener from here...

I think your post should be directed at Pats fans because to a Texans fan it makes no sense...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #49
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This is just a throw away question but what about Wade in all if this? Gary is being bad cop now but from being a Dallas fan I know Wade plans and executes big time defenses but he isn't inspiring. He is a slow good old boy. Just an observation since D is getting torched and Gary is laying down the law. Carry on.
Old 12-12-2012   #50
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
i hope they were all listening to this part.
I hope one of them stood up and said

"you've seen what it takes to be a championship play calling head coach....blah blah blah"

Just saying
Old 12-12-2012   #51
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah...I'd say three Superbowl trophies in 5 appearances and an all time great coach and QB sure looks greener from here...

I think your post should be directed at Pats fans because to a Texans fan it makes no sense...
What does the past have to do with the future?
Before the Packers game, we were unbeaten.

Just this week, plenty of Pats fans posted that they couldn't believe they can with the Defense they have.
Old 12-12-2012   #52
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think we have a team now that is capable to responding to this kind of criticism. In the past, I don't think so, maybe last year. But before that, not at all.

We have a team full of professionals & leaders. I have faith in them.
This sums up how feel.

In the past, we had players *ahem* no names that would be last in and first to leave. We had another player that thought he was being criticized too harshly by Kubiak.

Now, I think we have a group of guys that will take this message to heart. It could be a looooong day for the Colts this Sunday.
Old 12-12-2012   #53
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

We will see them again in the play-offs. It will be epic and it will be at our house and we will destroy them.
Old 12-12-2012   #54
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

O/U on how many, gosh darnets, dangits, and frickin bombs were dropped by Kubiak?

I'm glad Kubes finally did something like this. This teams a wake up call, and maybe this was it

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #55
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
O/U on how many, gosh darnets, dangits, and frickin bombs were dropped by Kubiak?

I'm glad Kubes finally did something like this. This teams a wake up call, and maybe this was it
"Its on me" always seemed to work pretty well though
Old 12-12-2012   #56
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

But FS.... They're "good kids"!!!
Old 12-12-2012   #57
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good! They deserved it!
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #58
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 64065 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
But FS.... They're "good kids"!!!
They bust their tails on every play, and are hella of a bunch of ball players!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
They bust their tails on every play, and are hella of a bunch of ball players!
LMFAO!!! And they will fight... They will battle fight!!!
Old 12-12-2012   #60
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Kubiak looked deep into that mirror himself. Running Foster time after time for 2 freaking yards a carry is as much to blame as anything else. Tate was ripping big yards and keeping him in the doghouse is bull****.

There's plenty of blame to go around for the ass whpping on Monday nite, but Kubes needs to own up to his own shortcomings. He was thoroughly outcoached and should be embarrassed cuz he sure did look bare assed on Monday nite.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read