Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2012   #81
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pulling the starters is borderline unforgivable...

January 16, 1991 Cody Carlson quarterbacks the Houston Oilers to a 41-14 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals in the AFC Wild Card Game.

Anyone who remembers why that doesn't say Warren Moon should agree......./end thread.
Old 12-12-2012   #82
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
January 16, 1991 Cody Carlson quarterbacks the Houston Oilers to a 41-14 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals in the AFC Wild Card Game.

Anyone who remembers why that doesn't say Warren Moon should agree......./end thread.
I watched that game at a Philly airport bar while on a layover. I remember how nice my alcohol tasted.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #83
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Man, you've got a memory! I assume that Moon was out because he got hurt during a meaningless regular season game?

Side note: That was the last time the Bengals won a playoff game! Kind of ironic that it was the same franchise that the Texans won their first playoff game.
Old 12-12-2012   #84
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

I did call this loss tho.

Lost horribly to GB, win 6 straight
Lost horribly to NE, win another 6 straight

That 6th win is the SB..
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #85
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Man, you've got a memory! I assume that Moon was out because he got hurt during a meaningless regular season game?
Some games stick with you. I remember there were two weeks to go in the season and the Oilers were out of the game and I am SCREAMING at the TV for Pardee to pull the damn starters. Next thing I know I am looking at Moon's dislocated thumb from trying to score a meaningless touchdown on the last play of the game.

Good leaders know when to pull back and live to fight another day. Pride is overrated.
Old 12-12-2012   #86
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
I did call this loss tho.

Lost horribly to GB, win 6 straight
Lost horribly to NE, win another 6 straight

That 6th win is the SB..
I have been meaning to look this up! I was wondering how many wins we had after the Packers game. Good job, man! Hope we have another 6 game winning streak in us.

Quote:
Some games stick with you. I remember there were two weeks to go in the season and the Oilers were out of the game and I am SCREAMING at the TV for Pardee to pull the damn starters. Next thing I know I am looking at Moon's dislocated thumb from trying to score a meaningless touchdown on the last play of the game.

Good leaders know when to pull back and live to fight another day.
Man, you've jogged my memory bank! I remember that now. Good points, though. Sometimes you've just got to retreat from a lost battle to fight another day.
Old 12-12-2012   #87
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

What gives me hope is we played poorly almost all across the board. I would be more concerned if we got blown out with our team giving all out effort.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read