Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2012   #41
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Embarrassing

We looked horrible at every position. Heck, even my boy DB looked lost most of the time. Wade and Kubiak both were severely out coached and out schemed. The Pats found ways to exploit how bad our LBs are in coverage. We waited waaay too long to make those adjustments.

Schaub was just plain bad. It's rare that he's as inaccurate as he was last night. It appeared to me like he was looking for the big play from the start by forcing the ball into coverage when he's got a wide open check down.

Other than the titans game the offense has been able to make up for our defense's mediocrity. Last night they did not. IMO, this game wasn't much different than the Jags and Lions games. Our offense was there for those two and failed to show last night.

Sure, we can definitely blame the O, but what about those other two? IMO, our defense is average at best right now. I miss Cushing
Old 12-11-2012   #42
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
I hate GB and I hate NE like something awful.

We just can't win the big game on the big stage.

The score is not embarrassing if you're dyslexic.

It's amazing how mobile wilfork is with that HUGE ass pot belly.
The Texans are following Garys fearless lead/personality. Choking on the big stage. Other than last yrs playoffs how many big games has Gary won? It's a character/coaching flaw. Too Consevative
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #43
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
If you mean Columbia blue I can't disagree more. This is the Texans. No ties to that team except our legitimate thanks to the greats that played in Houston for a team called the Houston Oilers. My hat remains off to those great players who gave me such enjoyment and even pride to watch.

Other than that, stuff the columbia blue in an attic, visit the box up there as many time as you like, but leave this Texans organization out of it.

I wish we could officially honor the great Oilers that brightened our Sundays, but thanks to Bud we cannot. Done, turn the page.
I'm so thankful that you could educate me on Oilers history. I simply meant that they have eerily similar choking qualities.
Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #44
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

The most embarrassing part of the game was our offense made the Pats D look top-notch. Without all those force turnovers in the season that D is simply horrible. The fact that we only turn it over once and still get shut down is simply embarrassing.

I didn't expect we win this game but if we limit our turnovers the worst that could happen is we lose in a close shootout high-scoring game. That didn't even happen.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #45
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Theres is a difference between believing you can win and KNOWING you can win. This team will will only have so long to define itself.
Yep. This is why I could not go "full homer" until they earn it. I see too many flaws in this team to believe that they are 'elite'. They played two great OT games, but then you realize the combined wins of those opponents are 6. But against elite QBs this season, they are 1-2. The win only comes against Manning that missed a whole season and was playing with a whole new team. The losses were ass kickings that had no silver linings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
It is the same old Oilers in different uniforms with a different team name. Total embarrassment. We need to have a powder blue day.
Just like the Oilers of the early '90's, this Texans team is a great regular season team. They might even go 14-2, and then everyone can swim in koolaide until they inevitable playoff loss brings us back to reality.

Until they PROVE it, it's just another typical Houston pro football team. At least they are beating teams they are supposed to beat. But I'm not delusional about their chances against proven championship teams.

Any given Sunday yada yada yada, but the truth is that we will need elite those teams to play crappy games for us to win in the playoffs. We won't be getting the Bengals for two rounds. At some point, the Texans are going to have to beat elite QBs in pressure situations on the big stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The Texans are following Garys fearless lead/personality. Choking on the big stage. Other than last yrs playoffs how many big games has Gary won? It's a character/coaching flaw. Too Consevative
I've tried to be optimistic for Kubiak because of the wins. But last night pissed me off. Down three scores in the third quarter, and he runs twice for losses to set up a 3rd and long. Seriously?!?!! WTF was that?!

I tried to be pragmatic last week that Belichick was going to run circles around Kubiak, but some folks did not want to hear it. And I never really doubted what Brady would do to this defense after seeing what Aaron Rogers did to it. Glaringly wide open receivers are not missed by elite QBs. Of course, our QB throws into double coverage for an INT while a wide open Arian Foster never got a glance. Wonderful. It was an embarrassing game to watch.

This is not sky is falling stuff. I'm just disgusted with this loss. It was pathetic to see such a good time roll over like that last night.
Old 12-11-2012   #46
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know which is more embarrassing, getting shutdown by a horrid Pats defense or getting lit up by Chad Henne.
Old 12-11-2012   #47
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
I don't know which is more embarrassing, getting shutdown by a horrid Pats defense or getting lit up by Chad Henne.
We have not played a complete game since October. We are regressing at the wrong time. Until this team proves otherwise we are simply fools gold.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #48
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
While I'm inclined to agree, I don't think anyone can use that justification twice in a season.

It happened in the Green Bay game, and that was that.

It is worth noting that both losses this season began the same way. I'll reiterate here like I did in another thread. Committing penalties to extend the opponent's drives is KILLER, especially against these quarterbacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
I like this theory except for the fact I believed the same thing after the Pac embarrassed us.
Good coaching and good teams don't need a whoopin to play their best, they just do it.
Quote:
I was telling my wife that very thing. These guys have pride and egos, they must in order to get where thay are.

Time to think about this asswhipping and show the NFL you are worthy.
The Packers game I kind of understand because didn't they play the Sunday and then that Monday or something like that?

The Pats game was no excuse...
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #49
klockWork
Veteran

Just pitiful. I never seen a team quit entering the 2nd half. Running the ball on the first two plays to setup 3rd & long trailing 21 pts is indicative of that.
Old 12-11-2012   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just pitiful. I never seen a team quit entering the 2nd half. Running the ball on the first two plays to setup 3rd & long trailing 21 pts is indicative of that.
I would have been pissed about that run/run to set up 3rd and long if I had not emotionally detached myself from the game by that point.

I agree, though, pathetic and pitiful and a sign of inability to make adjustments when required.

Was that just coaches being stubborn about establishing a run game? At some point they've just got to say what the heck and start airing that thing out, especially when AJ is being covered by some no-name schmuck.
Old 12-11-2012   #51
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I'm so thankful that you could educate me on Oilers history. I simply meant that they have eerily similar choking qualities.
I didn't mean anything personal, I just don't want the Texans dressing up like another team, especially that one.
Old 12-11-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
How can we not be considered fools gold from this point forward? You better believe the results of the GB and tonights game vs NE will start to spread like a virus in our clubhouse. These were straight ass whoopins.

The only light I can find is if we can get home field, we will get a chance to nip this shhh in the bud before it follows us into 2013 and beyond.
It doesn't matter what they think.

If we're lucky, Baltimore will beat Denver & New England, we'll beat Cincy/Pittsburgh then host the AFCCG & Kick Baltimore's butt.

We'll play the Bears in the Super Bowl & take Cutler out of that game too.

They might have to put an asterisk on the Lombardi since we didn't beat a truly elite team to get it, but I'm ok with that.
Old 12-11-2012   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The most embarrassing part of the game was our offense made the Pats D look top-notch. Without all those force turnovers in the season that D is simply horrible. The fact that we only turn it over once and still get shut down is simply embarrassing.

I didn't expect we win this game but if we limit our turnovers the worst that could happen is we lose in a close shootout high-scoring game. That didn't even happen.
This is the first post you've made that I can agree with.

The difference is the offense. We knew we were hurting on defense. Kubiak is supposed to be a guru.

At least Wade made in game adjustments & we saw them shut the Patriots down for a qtr. If the offense could have done their part, we could have held them to one TD per Quarter.

Against the 26th ranked defense, only one turnover, this game should not have been what it was.
Old 12-11-2012   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
We have not played a complete game since October. We are regressing at the wrong time. Until this team proves otherwise we are simply fools gold.
Keep in mind, next week may be the first time Wade had the same 11 starters for two weeks in a row since October.

Hopefully the regressing is over & we start getting better.
Old 12-11-2012   #55
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How can we not be considered fools gold from this point forward? You better believe the results of the GB and tonights game vs NE will start to spread like a virus in our clubhouse. These were straight ass whoopins.

The only light I can find is if we can get home field, we will get a chance to nip this shhh in the bud before it follows us into 2013 and beyond.
You are aged 34, yes??

It's our second loss, no???

Do you not remember the Oilers??? This Texans team (while a pathetic and "embarrassing" performance..... WILL bounce back!!!
Old 12-11-2012   #56
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You are aged 34, yes??

It's our second loss, no???

Do you not remember the Oilers??? This Texans team (while a pathetic and "embarrassing" performance..... WILL bounce back!!!
I guess I don't understand? The Oilers never made it to the Superbowl. Which is ultimately what I am speaking to. I certainly do hope they bounce back and this was just another "learning" experience.

And yes, I am still 34 years young!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #57
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
I didn't mean anything personal, I just don't want the Texans dressing up like another team, especially that one.
I agree completely. I'm not superstitious or anything, but why take the chance, y'know?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read