Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012   #1761
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Right, I didn't mean mid-season firing, more just a general "we want a new coach" mentality.

Surprised that a coach can go 11-2 and still have his job in question for the next year.
Especially when those who don't trust him probably predicted a 9-7 season, maybe a game lower or higher.
Old 12-11-2012   #1762
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Especially when those who don't trust him probably predicted a 9-7 season, maybe a game lower or higher.
I predicted 15-1.
Old 12-11-2012   #1763
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
How did you predict 15-1 knowing from previous years that Kubiak will use the draw play you hate, LOL
Old 12-11-2012   #1764
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
we beat the afc west winner, the afc north winner, beat the bengals twice last year, the steelers last year, the jets, and are about to put 2 beatdowns on the colts. so, outside of the patriots we've beaten all of the playoff teams. kinda paints a picture doesnt it.
Those don't count.
Old 12-11-2012   #1765
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How did you predict 15-1 knowing from previous years that Kubiak will use the draw play you hate, LOL
Dunno! I had them 13-3. One of those losses was against the Bears (so I think they're ahead of schedule). I had us winning the last three games, but had ? marks behind them only because I wasn't sure how things would play out with "locking things up" and with regards to playing second stringers and such...

I don't have a problem with the Texans losing last night. I had a problem with how they lost. Dropped passes, Schaub's (and for the record I think he is fine as our a QB) decisions, the defense, Kareem Jackson (who I admittedly said is having a much better season and looks like he's starting to "get it") not fall on a crucial fumble...

Bottom line.... This is still a pretty good team. 11-2 is not shoddy! They just don't know, nay, don't have the experience in big games yet. The only regret I have so far this season? Losing Cushing.
Old 12-11-2012   #1766
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Dunno! I had them 13-3. One of those losses was against the Bears (so I think they're ahead of schedule). I had us winning the last three games, but had ? marks behind them only because I wasn't sure how things would play out with "locking things up" and with regards to playing second stringers and such...

I don't have a problem with the Texans losing last night. I had a problem with how they lost. Dropped passes, Schaub's (and for the record I think he is fine as our a QB) decisions, the defense, Kareem Jackson (who I admittedly said is having a much better season and looks like he's starting to "get it") not fall on a crucial fumble...

Bottom line.... This is still a pretty good team. 11-2 is not shoddy! They just don't know, nay, don't have the experience in big games yet. The only regret I have so far this season? Losing Cushing.
IF KJ had fallen on the ball instead of trying to scoop it up that would of saved a TD or delayed one atleast.
Old 12-11-2012   #1767
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
IF KJ had fallen on the ball instead of trying to scoop it up that would of saved a TD or delayed one atleast.
As poorly as the entire effort was... Your statement is more than true.
Old 12-11-2012   #1768
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Or he could have gone all the way for a score; that would have been a 14-pt turn-around, wouldn't it?
Old 12-11-2012   #1769
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You forgot to consider the situations a I had mentioned in an earlier post.

There are only but a few times that are true situations when we need to convert using the run (you can count it with one hand).

One out of five, for example, is 20%.

I realized a few hours ago, the people we are arguing with are the people who criticized Kubiak for running & punting the ball away in the games we won. I stopped arguing.

I'm not a Kubiak fan, but you can't argue with that.

I didn't turn the TV off last night. I watched Riddley run, run & punt. The only difference is that they were able to pick up first downs before having to punt.
Old 12-11-2012   #1770
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

I saw your "score card"; it was pretty good.

I had them between 12-4 and 14-2, depending on health issues.

With the injuries that we've had, I think 12-4 would still be a very good season.
Right now it's look more like 14-2 or 13-3
Old 12-11-2012   #1771
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I realized a few hours ago, the people we are arguing with are the people who criticized Kubiak for running & punting the ball away in the games we won. I stopped arguing.

I didn't turn the TV off last night. I watched Riddley run, run & punt. The only difference is that they were able to pick up first downs before having to punt.
It gives me something to do when I'm bored, LOL
Old 12-11-2012   #1772
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I've got a bad memory, but I think several years ago most people just wanted a coach who could bring multiple play-off seasons to Houston. The Super Bowl was the ultimate goal of course, always.

However, I think most people understood there are 31 losers every year.

Now, it looks like we are on the verge of that very thing. Consistent play-off appearances. We're about to win the AFCS for the second consecutive season.

Some people, all they wanted was a winning division record, we may very well sweep the division.

But they can't enjoy it because they know we won't win the Super Bowl.
Old 12-11-2012   #1773
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I saw your "score card"; it was pretty good.

I had them between 12-4 and 14-2, depending on health issues.

With the injuries that we've had, I think 12-4 would still be a very good season.
Right now it's look more like 14-2 or 13-3
yessir... My one outsight on injuries was Cushing. Other than that, this season has been pretty much on track with what I had predicted.

Unfortunately, the last three games I had a ? mark behind it turns out that we need to (at minimum win two out at of the last three) and we'll still be in the AFC conference game.
Old 12-11-2012   #1774
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Quote:
yessir... My one outsight on injuries was Cushing. Other than that, this season has been pretty much on track with what I had predicted.

Unfortunately, the last three games I had a ? mark behind it turns out that we need to (at minimum win two out at of the last three) and we'll still be in the AFC conference game.
We'd better win at least one, preferrably two.

If they don't win two I think this MB will be overloaded with Fire Kubiak Posts, even from people who predicted a 9-7 or 10-6 or 11-5 season.

It won't matter that the Texans finish better than their prediction, LOL!
Old 12-16-2012   #1775
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Just a halftime update. I have interjected none of my own thoughts here; just pointing out what others think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
A long pass by Luck should have been anticipated with little time on the clock and being far behind. Kubiak won't follow suit though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
Seriously, our hurry up offense consists of throwing short passes over the middle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Why not go for a TD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
fcuk this underneath scared shiit,,,, take a shot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Wow. A full compliment of time outs and all this short pass (now that we don't want the short pass) up the middle crap is killing us.

I have never seen Kubes call this bad a game. And that's saying a lot.
Quote:
fcuk this underneath scared shiit,,,, take a shot...
Quote:
why dont we take a few shots ? i hate this conservative ass play calling. And BTW besides AJ our offense has looked horrible, Foster is no where to be seen.

76 shine some light on how this is fosters best season ever again please
Quote:
LOL.. this is kubiaks MO. scared pusssy football. no risk, no reward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo82 View Post
Not surprised. Whole entire drive was a waste of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
As I expected, Kubiak didn't make a legit attempt to score.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
What a surprise, poor clock management again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
As I expected, Kubiak didn't make a legit attempt to score.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
What a surprise, poor clock management again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He settled for a 49 yard field goal with a kicker that is just not that reliable.

Three timeouts. Why not go for the TD or...I don't know....a shorter fuccin field goal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Where do I get in line for soap?
**** kubiak! ou have dennys menu with plays and you settle for a fg try with a crappy kicker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Yeah last week was pretty bad. He is trying hard to duplicate it yet he is going to chew the players out after the game. Kubiak needs to take a hard look in the mirror. I am starting to sour on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Poor clock management.

And I still get grief for my sig every so often...
People are pointing out problems that have been around for years. Scroll back to the beginning of the thread.
Old 12-16-2012   #1776
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
I have not posted on here for some time. Therefore, I need to provide some background. In the past, I have been very critical of Kubiak.

Having said that, we are sitting at 11-2. The two losses this team have suffered this season are very similar. Both teams that beat the Texans this year have elite QBs and they jumped on the Texans defense early. Meanwhile, the Texans offense was ineffective early against a middle of the pack defense.

I am by no means a fan of Kubiak, and I will not say I am wrong about him until the Texans bring home the Lombardi Trophy.

Kubiak is a good coach, but has areas of improvement that I believe he can resolve. The key is the Texans organization recognizing that and making sure Kubiak improves his coaching where it is needed.

We have gone too far and improved too much to act rash at this point.
Nice to see you are still around!
Old 12-16-2012   #1777
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak is the original gutless wonder. His lack of aggression is going to cost us. Third and goal from what...the 13? And we run a draw play? You're already in FG range..why not take a shot? Can't you trust your veteran QB to NOT throw a pick or take a sack in that situation?

The Colts are starting to gash our D...we'll need to score more than 23 to win. Hell their offense has more points than ours does at this point !
Old 12-16-2012   #1778
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Just a halftime update. I have interjected none of my own thoughts here; just pointing out what others think.

People are pointing out problems that have been around for years. Scroll back to the beginning of the thread.
I don't know what your point is. It's the same people that have always said the same thing.

& there's nothing like a game day thread to bring out the knee jerk reactions of some of the most negative fans. Not one of those guys has expressed any real joy in this team being 11-2 & leading the race for HFThroughout.
Old 12-21-2012   #1779
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
That is absolutely no reason to be excusing player performance. I've seen that response come up every single time we have this never ending proverbial players vs. coaches debate, and I think it's weak. The players need to be held just as accountable as the coaches. To only point a finger at the coaches, screams "quick fix". And quick fixes do not exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
And that falls flat when you consider what choices he had at that particular time. When Ben Jones, the rookie, wasn't getting the job done, who did he have an an alternative at the time. When he using Jacoby Jones at the time, what was his alternative, at the time? Just a little bit too much second guessing born out of hindsight, but I realize by now, this is the way it works. Monday morning quarterbacking reigning supreme.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Thank you.
Old 12-21-2012   #1780
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know what your point is. It's the same people that have always said the same thing.

& there's nothing like a game day thread to bring out the knee jerk reactions of some of the most negative fans. Not one of those guys has expressed any real joy in this team being 11-2 & leading the race for HFThroughout.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read