Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2012   #41
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10263 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Way to show the nation we dont give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Actually we lost that game I was there.
yup, matt schaub threw a pick 6 that wrapped that game up..
Old 12-11-2012   #42
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1491 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
Remember the games were Kareem Jackson was being picked on by the other team with ZERO mercy? Can anyone provide me an example where Kubiak has done this? The NFL is all about exploiting matchups and while we have some mega fancy x's and o's on offense we never seem to pick at a defense's scab...

Picking on a rookie corner isn't on the menu.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #43
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 11126 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's look at this thing from Kubiak's perspective. I know everybody thinks he's an idiot after games like this, but I can see some reasons why he went ultra conservative. The offensive line is banged up and the Patriots started getting to Schaub and that's when he probably started thinking big picture. The Texans still control their own destiny as far as gaining home field advantage, all of the remaining games are winnable, the Patriots still have to play the 49ers (who are suddenly in a dog fight vs. the Seahawks) and the offense just wasn't in synch all night. Why risk Schaub getting hurt when the team still has a plausible shot at a Super Bowl even after a blow out loss?
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #44
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
Piss off, s h i t bird, I've been on this board much longer than you.
Does it take seniority to call someone out for making a ridiculous statement? If so, I'm going to go ahead and do that now.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #45
kingdee09
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Third Man View Post
Let's look at this thing from Kubiak's perspective. I know everybody thinks he's an idiot after games like this, but I can see some reasons why he went ultra conservative. The offensive line is banged up and the Patriots started getting to Schaub and that's when he probably started thinking big picture. The Texans still control their own destiny as far as gaining home field advantage, all of the remaining games are winnable, the Patriots still have to play the 49ers (who are suddenly in a dog fight vs. the Seahawks) and the offense just wasn't in synch all night. Why risk Schaub getting hurt when the team still has a plausible shot at a Super Bowl even after a blow out loss?
I hate the fact that Kubiak quit early, but I agree with you. He doesn't want to risk Schaub, BUT what about the possibility of not showing NE coaching staff everything you have offensively, obviously because the game is out of reach and because you will meet them again in the post-season? Or am I just dreaming? With that being said, I could care less what the nation thinks of Houston. Texans are making a run to lock down home field while the rest of the NFL is thinking about the draft or battling for a spot in the wild card. I'm not pleased with tonight, but I like the Texans chances for rest of the season. They have to put this loss behind them though. We just need to keep running #44! That man is hungry!
kingdee09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #46
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...-what-it-takes

Quote:
Down four touchdowns at the start of the fourth quarter, coach Gary Kubiak surrendered. His offense didn’t hurry, huddling at its regular pace. Schaub handed the ball off to third-string running back Ben Tate until it was time to punt.

Players stopped short of calling it a white flag, but receiver Andre Johnson and left tackle Duane Brown didn’t love it. They shouldn’t have. It sends a team a bad message to give up at that point. At least go down slinging it.

“I have no control over that,” Johnson said.

“I just line up and do my job,” Brown said.

Schaub pointed to the short week ahead and a crucial game against Indianapolis as a reason for letting up.

Texans discontent with Kubiak playcalling? Schaub being Gary Jr and sounding just like his coach. You quit dumbass! You flat out quit!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #47
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1491 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

Texans discontent with Kubiak playcalling? Schaub being Gary Jr and sounding just like his coach. You quit dumbass! You flat out quit!
It doesn't sound like Schaub was happy with that, but he wasn't going to throw Gary under the bus.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #48
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
It doesn't sound like Schaub was happy with that, but he wasn't going to throw Gary under the bus.
Of course not. Respect your father, master, idol....whatever Kubiak Jrs relationship is to his daddy
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #49
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't believe Kubiak was worrying about Schaub's health or the short week or who another team has to play the next 3 weeks. I'd like to believe that, but I just don't. I think Kubiak had a game-plan, and he was going to stick with that game-plan if we were down by 300 points. We're going to get into the AFC Championship against Brady or Manning and he's going to pull this crap again. Just watch. No more reasons for worrying about Schaub's health or who somebody else has to play or short weeks.................and he'll still pull the same crap...

It's like he absolutely refuses to make in-game decisions. I've already decided how this game will go and I'm going to call it that way.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #50
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

The good news is the Pats don't lose to the same team twice in a season.
They don't lose at home in Dec.

I would rather lose a game now.

Win what we need for home field advantage in the playoffs and make them come here in Jan. They hate our field.

I would hate to be Indy next Sunday....remember the Baltimore game??
Old 12-11-2012   #51
cdollaz
All Pro

Rep Power: 6353 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
Does it take seniority to call someone out for making a ridiculous statement? If so, I'm going to go ahead and do that now.
I noted seniority to highlight the absurdity of being called a bandwagoner by someone who has been on this board for barely a year. You know, right when the Texans started to matter.

I would assume you can comprehend the validity of my statement.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #52
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post

I would hate to be Indy next Sunday....
Out of curiosity, why? They have the two things we consistently struggle with, a good spread offense, and a mobile QB. I can easily see this game going their way.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #53
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 131049 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Out of curiosity, why? They have the two things we consistently struggle with, a good spread offense, and a mobile QB. I can easily see this game going their way.
We have a good spread offense that no defense will ever get to struggle with
Old 12-11-2012   #54
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
What good could come out of "throwing" the game ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
What good could come out of "throwing" the game ???
If the Texans won the game they'd have pretty much secured HFA.

The loss would have dropped the Patriots to the 4th seed with a 9-4 record.

Broncos 10-3
Ravens 9-4 (beat the Pats)
Pats 9-4.

Week 15 - The Broncos go to Baltimore and the Pats host SF.
Week 16 - Pats at Jags, Ravens host the Giants, Browns at Denver.
Week 17 - Mia at Pats, Ravens at Cincy, KC at Denver.

If the Broncos win in Baltimore they'll probably win out and keep the #2 seed. IF the Broncos looked to be in that situation I think NE would rest guys and take the 4th seed. If I'm them I'd rather play in Houston in the Divisional round against an inexperienced team with a QB that hasn't played in the playoffs rather than have the 3rd seed and go play in Denver against Manning. This would mean Houston would play NE and Den (provided they win at home against Baltimore or a Wild Card team that beat Baltimore).

With a Pats win, though. The Texans keep the top seed, but everyone else moves around.

Pats 10-3 (beat Den)
Den 10-3
Bal 9-4

In this scenario even when Denver wins out the Patriots keep the #2 seed if they win out and they could.

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy, but....a loss did help us set up a more favorable playoff run. Provided we win out.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read