Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012   #1661
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Where is Chris Crocker at with a "Leave Kubiak Alone!" Video???

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1._UJWfMTT5LE
Old 12-11-2012   #1662
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey band waggoneers jump on off and stay off we do not need you around here
Old 12-11-2012   #1663
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Wow, I thought the same thing this morning.

I knew as soon as the Pats went up 21-0, it was over.
I thought we had a chance till they scored in the third.

By that time, it was at least 3 (maybe 4) times our defense stopped the Pats without giving up any points & we still couldn't put together a scoring drive.
Old 12-11-2012   #1664
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I'm with Joe... I was in a bar full of Texans fans and we went down by a touchdown and everyone got all weepy eyed. Makes me sick. Sick Sick Sick!
Old 12-11-2012   #1665
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 130132 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
I'm with Joe... I was in a bar full of Texans fans and we went down by a touchdown and everyone got all weepy eyed. Makes me sick. Sick Sick Sick!
Read the gamethread. People were dropping like flies in the 1st quarter.
Old 12-11-2012   #1666
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Read the gamethread. People were dropping like flies in the 1st quarter.
And my stupid ass stayed around the whole time... (not here, but on another forum) I'm such a masochist.
Old 12-11-2012   #1667
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

It wouldn't be the first time a team with this many wins fired their coach after the season. Marty Schottenheimer was 14 and 2 when San Diego ran him out of town and hired Norv Turner...... That worked out well.
Old 12-11-2012   #1668
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98957 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
It wouldn't be the first time a team with this many wins fired their coach after the season. Marty Schottenheimer was 14 and 2 when San Diego ran him out of town and hired Norv Turner...... That worked out well.
Problem is Kubiak isnt going anywhere! Even when we lose the division to the Colts this year he STILL WONT BE FIRED!
Old 12-11-2012   #1669
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Problem is Kubiak isnt going anywhere! Even when we lose the division to the Colts this year he STILL WONT BE FIRED!
Maybe I need a sarcasm smiley. San Diego threw whatever chance they had at a Superbowl away when they fired Marty. If letting go of Marty was not the final nail in the coffin then hiring Norv was. You can't fire your coach when your one of the top teams in the league. With 32 teams in the league simple odds tell you that your chances of getting worse are much greater than your chances of getting better.
Old 12-11-2012   #1670
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe I need a sarcasm smiley. San Diego threw whatever chance they had at a Superbowl away when they fired Marty. If letting go of Marty was not the final nail in the coffin then hiring Norv was. You can't fire your coach when your one of the top teams in the league. With 32 teams in the league simple odds tell you that your chances of getting worse are much greater than your chances of getting better.
This.

Kubiak is an above-average coach. He can draw up plays with the best of them, his players love him, and he has taken us from 2-14 to 11-2. But he is terrible at deviating from his pre-determined gameplan, clock management, and all things defense (think of the DCs he hired before Wade was hired).

But until there is someone out there who is better than Kubiak, we should roll with Kubiak. There is no sense in making a change just for the hell of it.
Old 12-11-2012   #1671
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Scores don't always matter to my reaction. It's about how the team is playing. You could see early in the 1st quarter that we were going to be blown out. Destroyed. Boston Massacre Style.

The team came out looking flat. They committed stupid penalties early. So yeah, by the time the Pats scored their first TD I was nervous. When Schaub threw an INT in the end zone and the Pats marched back to score another TD, my fears were confirmed.

We were woefully unprepared last night
Old 12-11-2012   #1672
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
This.

Kubiak is an above-average coach. He can draw up plays with the best of them, his players love him, and he has taken us from 2-14 to 11-2. But he is terrible at deviating from his pre-determined gameplan, clock management, and all things defense (think of the DCs he hired before Wade was hired).

But until there is someone out there who is better than Kubiak, we should roll with Kubiak. There is no sense in making a change just for the hell of it.
But that's just it; WHY can't he learn to make in-game adjustments. It's not that freaking hard to see that when you are down 21-0 you gotta open things up and take a lot of risks. Otherwise, you might as well just head for the airport with 10 minutes left in the first half. Maybe the whole team can catch an earlier flight, LOL.

I defend Kubiak when he keeps running the ball with a lead and trying to burn clock instead of taking risks to score points. I will NOT defend him when we are down by 3 or more scores and he lines up AJ at fullback (little sarcasm, although I'd like to hear the explanation for that) and runs right at Wilfork. If you're going to give up with half or more of the game left, then trot out the 3rd stringers and let the starters go to the local bar or something.

Old 12-11-2012   #1673
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
But that's just it; WHY can't he learn to make in-game adjustments. It's not that freaking hard to see that when you are down 21-0 you gotta open things up and take a lot of risks. Otherwise, you might as well just head for the airport with 10 minutes left in the first half. Maybe the whole team can catch an earlier flight, LOL.

I defend Kubiak when he keeps running the ball with a lead and trying to burn clock instead of taking risks to score points. I will NOT defend him when we are down by 3 or more scores and he lines up AJ at fullback (little sarcasm, although I'd like to hear the explanation for that) and runs right at Wilfork. If you're going to give up with half or more of the game left, then trot out the 3rd stringers and let the starters go to the local bar or something.
There are many different trains of thought here. I thought it was the right thing to run the ball down 21 points early in the second qtr. I thought going in that we would have to slow the game down to beat the Patriots.

However, when we couldn't extend drives after the defense held the score, that's when I got worried.

When they kept loading the box & we were getting stopped for losses, I kept thinking, surely we have a contention plan for that. Man coverage on AJ, surely we have a contention plan for that. But we obviously didn't.

I was also disappointed we didn't take the points when we had a chance. I think it would have been a 51 yarder. I know we get on Kubiak for not taking a chance & going for it on 4th down when we've got momentum, but we were on the road, we were down 21 points, I think the smart thing there would have been to take the points. Of course with our kicker, a 51 yard field goal is hardly a given.

But I don't have a problem with the idea of sticking with the run game that early in the game. I wish we'd have been a little more imaginitive than run on first & second, throw on third. There was a 3rd & 3 (I think) that we lined up in shot-gun with no back..... duh?

but I don't do this for a living.
Old 12-11-2012   #1674
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
You can't fire your coach when your one of the top teams in the league.
As a counterpoint, it should be noted that Tony Dungy got his team to the playoffs, 4 or 5 times in a row and was fired with a winning record after a playoff loss. The next year, that team won the Super Bowl with a new coach.
Old 12-11-2012   #1675
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
How can you call us bandwagon fans when most of us have been fans before the 2-14 season? Being critical of your team does not equate to being a bandwagon fan.
Old 12-11-2012   #1676
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
As a counterpoint, it should be noted that Tony Dungy got his team to the playoffs, 4 or 5 times in a row and was fired with a winning record after a playoff loss. The next year, that team won the Super Bowl with a new coach.
Think this might be revisionist. He won a SB. Coached a couple more years and then retired and the reins went to Caldwell.

But, I think Kubes should be fired!Just fun to say
Old 12-11-2012   #1677
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe our team would learn more if we hire a new head coach every year.

I'll do it next year, and I'm not coming on here to hear all you guys gripin'.

Old 12-11-2012   #1678
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Think this might be revisionist. He won a SB. Coached a couple more years and then retired and the reins went to Caldwell.

But, I think Kubes should be fired!Just fun to say
I'm pretty sure he was talking about Tampa Bay.
Old 12-11-2012   #1679
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'm pretty sure he was talking about Tampa Bay.
Right. Me so dumb this morning!
Old 12-11-2012   #1680
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a Kubiak supporter. Last night he had some terrible calls and the team overall seemed underprepared mentally. Just like the Packers game, the Texans fell behind by making mistakes early and could never recover. That is a combination of coaches and players. Neither coordinator adjusted well. Most players played poorly. Overall a terrible showing made worse since it was on national TV.

The 2 losses this season were the result of complete meltdown. Offense, defense, special teams, coaches & players. Kubiak's offense failed. Phillips' defense failed.

The overall picture is the only thing that counts though. Injuries have killed the defense. The salary cap killed the o-line in the offseason. This team is playing well overall though. The '12 Kubiak led Texans are 11-2. Win the next game and they win the AFCS. Win the next 2 and they get a BYE. Win the next 3 and they get HFA.

A head coaching change (after the season) would be opening the door for the other teams in the division. If Kubiak goes - Schaub goes. Does anyone run the "Kubiak" offense successfully other than Kubiak? How's the Redskins version worked out? Schaub is a "master" of this offense. He's not going to be a great QB and surely not in a new offense. Foster is less effective in a new offense. AJ is getting older. We have 1 olineman that would start for a conventional offense. Looks like a rebuild job to me. I'd rather not go through that again.

There are some scenarios that would make me feel a change at HC is needed. It would take a serious collapse that I hope none of us want to see.

Here's hoping that the anti-Kubiaks are wrong and we win a Superbowl this season. We need some feel-good vibes to wash away the crap that seems to repeat after every loss now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read