Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2012   #21
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76169 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brandon Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Doesn't matter. We're a good team, and we can't be wasting any ****ing time with rookies who make such disastrous mistakes.
And you DO know the reason why he was playing, right?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #22
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
And you DO know the reason why he was playing, right?
Yes.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #23
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Doesn't matter. We're a good team, and we can't be wasting any ****ing time with rookies who make such disastrous mistakes.
He's a second year player.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #24
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
He's a second year player.
Oh excuse me, second year player. Even worse.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #25
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, we know why Mercilus wasn't on the field too. That guy plays run defense about as well as....oh I don't know, a nursing home flag football team? Happy to see him add a sack to his season's total but save that one play, I didn't see him near Brady at all. Let's hope he's a "takes two or three years to develop" kind of guy.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #26
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

We've known for awhile now that Harris was not worthy of being taken in the second round so his performance last night though disappointing was no big surprise.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #27
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Part of me wishes that he got more NB reps earlier in the season when we didn't need him. I think to some extent you gotta bring these guys on slowly, but until they get reps there's no way to get em good.

Because of his draft status, he's on this team, so may as well get him reps cuz God knows when he'll get him in the game.

To be fair, I think the TD, he wasn't the primary coverage, Demps was. But that hold early in the game was terrible.
Precisely. It's tough getting your most playing time in your 2 years against Tom freakin' Brady.

As for him being horrible....

Jackson was pretty bad for a couple of years and has definitely improved so I'm a believer that Harris could still be good. He just needs to see the field a little. It's tough, though, to have him active if he isn't a good ST player in those games where you need your 4th CB to play on ST.

I hate the stupid rule forcing teams to make players inactive even if they are perfectly healthy.
Old 12-11-2012   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm watching the game again.

Just saw the Dante Stallworth TD. I know this is one of the plays cited demonstrating how poor this guy's coverage is. Granted, a corner back should be able to see when a receiver looks up, eyes up, hands up..... then gain ground & get in position to prevent this catch.

However, Brady does a good job getting the ball ahead of the receiver, making it nigh impossible for a trailing CB to defend.

In this case, he was supposed to have safety help. I'm not saying that the TD is on the safety, a better corner could have done something to stop Stallworth from catching the ball. A good CB realizing he doesn't have any help would have gone for the tackle than the feign attempt to strip the ball.

But two points I wanted to make. That wasn't all on Harris & Wade isn't so stubborn that he plays man up all the time. There is usually a safety back there, at least one. This time, it was Demps.

You can see Demps just inside the line of gain. When the ball is snaped, he doesn't drop. He inches forward. Don't know why. There was no fake run. Both CBs Jackson & Harris fall to a trail position. What do you think they were thinking when they saw Demps standing flat footed.

WTF is what I'd be thinking. If he'd have dropped (I can't imagine Wade calling for him to not be the deepest defender on the field) Brady might not have thrown that ball.
Old 12-11-2012   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Demps was either sleeping on the job or he was answering to a higher calling!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #30
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the whole secondary focused on the run way too much. I don't mean because the defensive play call called for it; they just did. If we're going to run a bunch of man against Brady, we at least need the guys who are supposed to stay back and/or cover somebody to just do it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #31
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw the penalty on him today, but how did he do the rest of the game?
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #32
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 76476 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Harris is going to be just fine. He'll be taking JJO's spot in a year or two. He flashes tons of skill and inexperience in actual game situations. He needs to learn the nuances of playing CB in the NFL. It takes actual game experience. I, for one, am glad he's getting it when we have a 12-2 record. Much better situation than KJ had in 2010, as a rookie.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
The more I think about it, that might have been a heads up play.

True, he shouldn't get beat like that. But when you get beat by Reggie Wayne.... I mean that could have been a touchdown.
Old 12-16-2012   #34
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
Well. I watched him and JJo quite a bit at the game. Harris was up against Wayne quite a bit since Wayne lined up in the slot. My hope is that Harris will play every game from now on as the nickel and get tons of reps. He is going to need those to get good.

He's not as good as KJax from a tackling standpoint, but I think he will be a solid corner in a year if he gets the reps.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012   #35
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 76476 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Well. I watched him and JJo quite a bit at the game. Harris was up against Wayne quite a bit since Wayne lined up in the slot. My hope is that Harris will play every game from now on as the nickel and get tons of reps. He is going to need those to get good.

He's not as good as KJax from a tackling standpoint, but I think he will be a solid corner in a year if he gets the reps.
He's not tackling as well cuz he's going for the ball. Harris can get his head around where KJ can't.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #36
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Still sucks.
Old 12-30-2012   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Still sucks.
He's having a great game.
Old 12-30-2012   #38
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
He's having a great game.
Yes, great game...

Just like that pass interference call at the end zone that gave the Colts the TD. He had no idea where the ball is. Remember Jacques Reeves' inability to locate the ball? Harris is even worse.
Old 12-30-2012   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Yes, great game...

Just like that pass interference call at the end zone that gave the Colts the TD. He had no idea where the ball is. Remember Jacques Reeves' inability to locate the ball? Harris is even worse.
I think it was a bad call. He turned, he was looking for the ball... the ref just gave that to Reggie Wayne.
Old 12-30-2012   #40
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 61665 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Harris and Demps both need to clean out their lockers after the end of the season and not come back...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read