Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012   #1641
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
keep giving brady possessions and he will score.

defense wasn't outstanding but offense didn't keep brady off the field either with long drives and long fields.
Nope they didnt and key 3rd down drops and Matt not being sharp
Old 12-10-2012   #1642
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 154140 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think we dug ourselves in a hole early. The refs didn't help. We shouldn't blame the refs, & I'm not, only the way our team responded. They acted like a young team. & while the play calling left some to be desired, if Matt would learn about ball placement, made some better throws, or if anyone but Andre could catch a ball..... this game would have been different.

I'm not going to let this game get me down. We lost. It's just another L in the L column.

But I tell you what. We're not going to win the SuperBowl running the ball. Not with this OL. We need to spend the next three weeks getting Matt into rhythm.
Old 12-10-2012   #1643
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4541 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
These Texans appear to be another version of the Moon led Oilers. (Failing on the big stage.
I compared the Texans to the Chargers of a few years ago in the Gameday thread. It looks like we're gonna be one of "those" teams. Teams with good talent, that put up great stats, go the playoffs for several years, and ultimately win absolutely nothing. Moon/Oilers, Tomlinson/Chargers, Reggie Miller/Pacers, even the Killer B's/Astros.
Old 12-10-2012   #1644
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think we dug ourselves in a hole early. The refs didn't help. We shouldn't blame the refs, & I'm not, only the way our team responded. They acted like a young team. & while the play calling left some to be desired, if Matt would learn about ball placement, made some better throws, or if anyone but Andre could catch a ball..... this game would have been different.

I'm not going to let this game get me down. We lost. It's just another L in the L column.

But I tell you what. We're not going to win the SuperBowl running the ball. Not with this OL. We need to spend the next three weeks getting Matt into rhythm.
My head starts hurting when I think about this team. I'm going to give it a break these next three weeks. Hopefully we get a first round bye and I can make it a whole month of no texans football.

I'll be back for the play offs and maybe I'll be rejuvinated, but Despite our nice record i haven't been a fan of what weve done this year.

This game was the tipping point. I've seen all I've needed to see from this team. I don't care what they do against the colts or Vikings. Really...could t care less...it means nothing...they could lose or win all three....

The next big game for us is in the play offs. That's the next game that matters.
Old 12-10-2012   #1645
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember one poster on here all last week who rubbed my nose in my idea that this was going to be a potentially BAD BAD game for us.

I think that guy is here now, trying to say everything that he could have said last week...but was too busy trying to be Super Fan and trying to clown me over everything under the moon he could think to do to me.

Yeah, I'm sure of it. He's here. Typical horsecrap.
Old 12-10-2012   #1646
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

"There is a significant difference between Tom Brady and ANYBODY ELSE I have seen this whole year."

- Steve Young, just now in the post-game show at Foxboro.

Echo'd my statements I made tonight. The guy is all-universe, especially in December AT HOME and especially when the stakes are high and it's against a really good team.

I wish people wouldn't be as hard on our team as they are. I was at that point after the GB game this year, and all the Texans did was just reel off countless wins in many fashions--Grinded out games, blew out the Ravens, OT wins back-to-back in under 5 days. Swept jags, Swept titans. And can sweep colts, too.
Old 12-10-2012   #1647
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 1614 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

C'mon guys!
Nobody on this board really ever believed all the hype about us having the best team in the NFL or being able to beat the Patriots did you?. And we know that if Kubiak didn't get fired after 6-10 there is no way he gets fired regardless of what happens this year. I can say this.....Texans lose first play-off game they have to actually play this year. We just don't have a super bowl caliber team. I've felt this in my gut all year.

Last edited by GNTLEWOLF; 12-10-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-10-2012   #1648
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
C'mon guys!
Nobody on this board really ever believed all the hype about the us having the best team in the NFl or being able to beat the Patriots did you?. And we know that if Kubiak didn't get fired after 6-10 there is no waty he gets fired regardless of what happens this year. I can say this.....Texans lose first play-off game they have to actually play this year. We just don't have a super bowl caliber team. I've felt this in my gut all year.
See thats the difference. I know we have a superbowl team, the guys just have to be put in position to win, and tonight they were not.
Old 12-10-2012   #1649
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 154140 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I remember one poster on here all last week who rubbed my nose in my idea that this was going to be a potentially BAD BAD game for us.

I think that guy is here now, trying to say everything that he could have said last week...but was too busy trying to be Super Fan and trying to clown me over everything under the moon he could think to do to me.

Yeah, I'm sure of it. He's here. Typical horsecrap.
This is a good post GP. Nice, short, concise. I made it all the way to the bottom of it. Good job buddy.
Old 12-10-2012   #1650
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
"There is a significant difference between Tom Brady and ANYBODY ELSE I have seen this whole year."

- Steve Young, just now in the post-game show at Foxboro.

Echo'd my statements I made tonight. The guy is all-universe, especially in December AT HOME and especially when the stakes are high and it's against a really good team.

I wish people wouldn't be as hard on our team as they are. I was at that point after the GB game this year, and all the Texans did was just reel off countless wins in many fashions--Grinded out games, blew out the Ravens, OT wins back-to-back in under 5 days. Swept jags, Swept titans. And can sweep colts, too.
Go back and loom at the game logs.

Opposing qb's have had good games against us.

It's just that guys lime Brady and rivers have been lights out.

Heck, even back to last year Brees took us to the woodshed.

Mark Sanchez looked competent against us. Stafford lit us up...Henne I'm relief duty...Tannehill in his first game ever wasn't as bad as watt made him look with those tips. Manning struck us up.

The teams we face in the play offs will be closer to the patriots than they are to the jags and titans...

When you are at the level the texans want us to believe they are at, those games against non play off teams mean a lot less...

We can get our stuff together, but that's nothing but a hope and a wish at this point
Old 12-10-2012   #1651
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4103 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

This one is on Kubiak. May have not mattered but the bottom line is he absolutely did not put us in the best position to win. He called a piss poor game and the for the first time ever I'm calling him out about it. Yes stupid ass penalties( 3 illegal blocks on returns) bogus ass pass interference calls, etc.., but the most glaring weakness to me was the offensive play calling.
Old 12-10-2012   #1652
GP 
Go Texans!

There's just always this "Oh yeah? We'll get you NEXT time!" mindset by a Kubiak-led team.

That works against lesser teams. You can be down to the Jags and claw your way back. You can be down to the Lions and make them crack under the weight of their own pressure, and win that game too. You cannot bring anything but your very best and expect to stand a chance against the Patriots.

Tonight, I felt the air was let out of our tires when KJ failed to secure that loose ball near the EZ. After that, it was a TD and you could sense that the Texans had given up (mentally) and were coasting from there. They went into the mode of "Yeah, we're still 11-2 and can win HFA in the next 3 games."
Old 12-10-2012   #1653
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
See thats the difference. I know we have a superbowl team, the guys just have to be put in position to win, and tonight they were not.
No doubt, both Gary & Wade deserve some criticism & blame.... but the 52+ guys who took the field deserve a little bit as well.
Old 12-10-2012   #1654
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

And of course . . . the playcalling . . .
Old 12-10-2012   #1655
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
And of course . . . the playcalling . . .
Two things I didn't like about the playcalling.
  1. When they man up on Andre... take advantage of it
    Until they change what they are doing, we should be feeding Andre the ball.
  2. Shouldn't there have been a point in that game where we aired it out?
    Did we ever go to the hurry up offense? Matt was struggling, needed to find his rhythm.... why didn't we try to get him some rhythm?
Old 12-10-2012   #1656
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

If we don't destroy Indy next week I'm busting out the soap again. I thought keeping Kubiak on after 2 years ago was a bad decision, and extending him again was a bad decision.
Old 12-10-2012   #1657
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I blame the letter jackets.
Old 12-10-2012   #1658
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

We be idiots to fire him now, but come February and yes, pending the outcome, Kubes' job needs to be re-evaluated.

He simply is not a coach in line with those that bring Championships. We've seen this time and time again. The only difference between this Kubes and the 6-10 Kubes is he has more to work with now, it doesn't mean he is a better coach.

I can drive a Prius, but I can look better and make a Maserati look a lot better even though I'm the same driver as I was with the Prius.
Old 12-10-2012   #1659
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Two things I didn't like about the playcalling.
  1. When they man up on Andre... take advantage of it
    Until they change what they are doing, we should be feeding Andre the ball.
  2. Shouldn't there have been a point in that game where we aired it out?
    Did we ever go to the hurry up offense? Matt was struggling, needed to find his rhythm.... why didn't we try to get him some rhythm?
That all sounds so simple if you happen to forget what kind of pressure they were putting on him. And Schaub was being hurried a lot, he was making bad throws, and bad reads. I think it was more about playing the call right than calling the right play.
Old 12-10-2012   #1660
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 51471 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
I compared the Texans to the Chargers of a few years ago.
Wow, I thought the same thing this morning.

I knew as soon as the Pats went up 21-0, it was over.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read