Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2012   #101
RCPM
DILLIGAF

Rep Power: 0 RCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Letterman Jackets

Again, letterman Jackets are Earned not bought...
RCPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #102
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I was in and out of high school in two years and letter jackets were big in junior high. Jocks were a click that I got along with but did not hang with. Most were snobs and bullied others and those I usually would get into their faces which often proved dangerous... for me. Letter jackets were a symbol of that to me plus several girls let it be known they dated guys just to wear the jacket. Another turn off. I never wear anything or do something (hair, beards,'stache,etc) because another did it.

Having said that, these are just cool and I would wear one that identified me as a Texans fan. I don't want one that has a player's name or number.
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

At my HS, letterman jackets were available to anyone who lettered. Not only athletes, but band, choir, orchestra, drama, etc. There were qualifications to letter, but the jackets were not representative of one particular group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I reckon these jackets will be the root of many jabs and jokes if we lose by a good amount tonight.
That thought crossed my mind, as well. Especially the fact that letterman jackets are usually associated with high school.

That said, I still think they are great and a good way to build unity among the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPM View Post
All the players did make the team.
Old 12-10-2012   #103
RCPM
DILLIGAF

Rep Power: 0 RCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respected

"All the players did make the team".

I'm talking to those fans who want to buy one....
RCPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #104
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76315 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The wife got me this one two years ago for Christmas from the Wilsons Leather Outlet store for $55
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #105
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

ah, I gotcha'. I think they are cool for the team, but I would not buy one as a fan.

I'm happy with my jersey and the other dozens of pieces of Texans gear, including two nice jackets with Texans logos on them.

The letterman jackets should stay special, especially as a symbol for that night they opened a can of whoopass on the Patriots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

The wife got me this one two years ago for Christmas from the Wilsons Leather Outlet store for $55
That's cool! Sort of like the letterman, but leather and it's own style. Very nice and great price!
Old 12-10-2012   #106
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Those are sharp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #107
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76315 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

That's cool! Sort of like the letterman, but leather and it's own style. Very nice and great price!
Its "pleather" not leather. The same stuff they use to make letterman jacket sleeves.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #108
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There would be no team without the fans their to support it. I have no problem if people want to buy one or not. McNair would be silly not to market these jackets either. It's a great business opportunity.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #109
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
maybe in school but letterman style jackets are very popular in streetwear fashion.

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #110
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 80683 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

They earned their high school jackets tonight, looking like a high school team in NE.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #111
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

We need a letterman jacket funeral pyre
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #112
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post
We need a letterman jacket funeral pyre
Lets stack them up in the middle of the yellow lot and burn'em! Bonfire starts at dark 30.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #113
JVL713
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 JVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respected

We have lost every game we've had these damn lettermans get em out!!!!
JVL713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #114
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVL713 View Post
We have lost every game we've had these damn lettermans get em out!!!!
Is this sarcasm cause they just got the jackets before the NE game...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #115
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Is this sarcasm cause they just got the jackets before the NE game...
Old 12-11-2012   #116
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it too uptight to think this was kind of unprofessional? It just shows a little lack of focus to me. You think the patriots, giants, niners, or any other team with superbowl aspirations are worried about coordinating team jackets when the playoffs are just over the hill?
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #117
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

well time to burn the jackets in a mass barn fire .......
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #118
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53040 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
Is it too uptight to think this was kind of unprofessional? It just shows a little lack of focus to me. You think the patriots, giants, niners, or any other team with superbowl aspirations are worried about coordinating team jackets when the playoffs are just over the hill?

Yes. You're overreacting. Teams have chemistry things they do. The jackets are an example. Better than some stupid chant like Who Dat or some stupid hand gesture things like the Milwaukee Brewers or Texas Rangers did a couple years ago.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #119
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-11-2012   #120
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
You know what's funny is those guys were probably all straight.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read