Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-10-2012   #121
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bring on New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
You sure you're not looking at another Foxboro?

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourb...xtbeginIndex=6
Triplechecked it. Guess my TWC App is a Texans fan?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #122
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Hourly forecast:

http://www.wcvb.com/weather/forecast
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #123
BrainTrust66
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sitting in Downtown Boston as I write this. I can say that the sky has been alternately like and dark all day - showery, but significantly warmer. I really don't think weather will be much of a factor but I can't rule out the stray downpour. It's field turf so there's no "mud" issues.
BrainTrust66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #124
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainTrust66 View Post
I am sitting in Downtown Boston as I write this. I can say that the sky has been alternately like and dark all day - showery, but significantly warmer. I really don't think weather will be much of a factor but I can't rule out the stray downpour. It's field turf so there's no "mud" issues.
Thanks for the update.

I really appreciate it.

Please describe the mood of the Texans fans representing.

Have a good time
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #125
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 11446 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a big problem with Andre Johnson saying "This is the biggest regular season game in Texans history."
THIS is not a divisional game. THIS is not a must-win game. Of all the the teams that could afford to lose a game this week it's the Texans and Falcons. With a lose those two teams still control their own destiny.

That comment by AJ could only mean one thing. The Texans are more concern of their perceive power by the media more than anything. And that a lost against Pats tonight could shaken this team emotionally. Win or lose they should only be concern about their next game. It's just another game. Good teams lose to other good teams all the time. It's how they respond against each other in the playoffs that matters.

The Pats are saying it themselves, "It's just another game." Win or lose tonight they know it's how you respond in the playoffs. And I don't buy into the crap about winning this game to gain confidence. N.E. blew out the Jets two years ago and lost to them in the playoffs. Confidence gain against beating another team in the regular season means absolutley nothing!

The outcome of this particular game matter most to critics and fans of both teams. It's something to talk about, analyzed, and brags. I just hope my Texans don't get caught up in between that nonsense.

If anything, I rather have them lose tonight. Because I think this team is more dangerous playing angry and with a chip on their shoulder than a false sense of confidence.

But yes, it would feel mighty damn fine if we win!
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #126
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
I have a big problem with Andre Johnson saying "This is the biggest regular season game in Texans history."
THIS is not a divisional game. THIS is not a must-win game. Of all the the teams that could afford to lose a game this week it's the Texans and Falcons. With a lose those two teams still control their own destiny.

That comment by AJ could only mean one thing. The Texans are more concern of their perceive power by the media more than anything. And that a lost against Pats tonight could shaken this team emotionally. Win or lose they should only be concern about their next game. It's just another game. Good teams lose to other good teams all the time. It's how they respond against each other in the playoffs that matters.

The Pats are saying it themselves, "It's just another game." Win or lose tonight they know it's how you respond in the playoffs. And I don't buy into the crap about winning this game to gain confidence. N.E. blew out the Jets two years ago and lost to them in the playoffs. Confidence gain against beating another team in the regular season means absolutley nothing!

The outcome of this particular game matter most to critics and fans of both teams. It's something to talk about, analyzed, and brags. I just hope my Texans don't get caught up in between that nonsense.

If anything, I rather have them lose tonight. Because I think this team is more dangerous playing angry and with a chip on their shoulder than a false sense of confidence.

It's big because if we win it all but guarantees the #1 seed and homefield advantage throughout.
Old 12-10-2012   #127
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #128
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think you may be missing the bigger playoff picture this game can setup
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #129
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bring on the Pats. Let's go!
Old 12-10-2012   #130
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:

- home field playoff rights (huge btw, were you at the last game at reliant, the stadium will be insane)
- extra week to get ready and healed up! (huge)
- intimidation factor of sticking it to the patriots @home.

That sounds like a pretty big game to me

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #131
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From a players perspective, this is probably the second biggest game in our team history behind the Bengals play-off game from last year.

With this team it's about clearing mental hurdles.

Facing the Patriots, in prime time...late in the season, in Foxboro, with the best record we've ever had, the key players on the teams are mostly healthy...Patriots were the best team in the AFC last year...Homefield throughout the play offs in the balance for this year...

This game is the game that makes this franchise go from believing they can to knowing they can.

There's a reason so many Pat's fans have come to our board. There's a reason this game feels like a special event. There's a reason why people are pumped for tonight's game.

There's a reason Andre said what he said. As far as regular season games, this one is Huge.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #132
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I've been here as a HS Senior in 1976.

I went through all the Oilers years.

We were loud in the Dome then and did not regret it one bit.
I'm having even more fun with the boys now.
Old 12-10-2012   #133
76Texan
Hall of Fame

When we talk about the mental hurdle, the fans are no exceptions

Let it go and enjoy the season.

Don't wait for the trophy; the joy is the adventure.
Old 12-10-2012   #134
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
When we talk about the mental hurdle, the fans are no exceptions

Let it go and enjoy the season.

Don't wait for the trophy; the joy is the adventure.
I hear what you're saying but we've all been on a lot of "adventures" with the Oilers already.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #135
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 11446 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

If AJ hadn't made those comments and we lose tonight then I'll still like our chances of a SB title. But because he DID made those comments then I pray this team isn't all about the vanity that this win could bring.

Last week game against Titans is more important than this game. We stay undefeated in our own division. N.E is also undefeated in the division. If we drop this game we still in the driver seat to #1 seed. If we lost against Titans then Pats have the adv if there is a tie. The most important remaining regular games in Texans history lies when we play against the Colts.

I hope AJ and the rest of the Texans recognize that fact. And yes, it would be freaking awesome if we beat the New England Patriots on Monday Night Football!!
Old 12-10-2012   #136
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Well let's see. Andre has put more into this club than anybody in the entire world, McNair included, & he says this is the most important game in Texans history.

You bought a T-shirt with Andre's name on it & you say it's just another game.

Quote:
I can see how you got to that conclusion, however, there are other possibilities.
Quote:
No, they know it's more than "just another game" They think it should mean more to them than to us, because it gets harder for them to accomplish their goal if they lose. We can still be the 1 seed if we lose & it would be easy by comparison.

It's not about "confidence" it's about stacking the odds in your favor.
Quote:

Winning this game would not be considered "nonsense" to any team with Super Bowl aspirations.
Old 12-10-2012   #137
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
This game is the game that makes this franchise go from believing they can to knowing they can.
Exactly. The rematch in January is going to have a totally different feel, based on the outcome of this game tonight.

Right now, it's just lip service. People saying we're the best team. Fans, talking heads, power rankings, blah, blah, blah...

We beat the Patriots tonight, then they'll know, we'll know.... no false sense of confidence there.
Old 12-10-2012   #138
klockWork
Veteran

So you rather win this game than the Titans game or the upcoming Colts game?
Old 12-10-2012   #139
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
So you rather win this game than the Titans game or the upcoming Colts game?
He didn't say the most important. He said the biggest game.

Think about it.

This game will have more of a play-off feel than any of our previous games, against the reigning AFC Champs, when they're still pretty good. They are clearly the #2 team in the conference.... arguably #1.
Old 12-10-2012   #140
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 968 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally rather win them ALL!!!
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read