Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-10-2012   #121
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get off the bandwagon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yup, we used to see a lot of Vollmer around these parts. He's not really underrated to me and several others around here. Dude can play!
I don't think anyone can stop Watt. Dude's a beast.
Old 12-10-2012   #122
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 656 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup, we used to see a lot of Vollmer around these parts. He's not really underrated to me and several others around here. Dude can play!
Slipped my mind that he went to Houston. Most weeks he's eye opening to opposing fans but you guys have the advanced scouting on this one.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #123
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
You probably know that Vollmer is my homie; but Watt would be a challenge for him even without a bad back.

Personally, I thought Watt will be a great player out of college (ie. he impressed me a whole lot) and I am still blown away by the things he's been doing.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #124
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe not, but I know one thing that did, or at least slowed him. The weather and field conditions in the Chicago game. Unfortunately, there will be similar conditions this evening.
Old 12-10-2012   #125
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131013 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
It was Ryan Clark at the start of the 4th quarter and a complete cheap shot. That's like me saying I hate Matt Shaub and was so happy when Slauson cheap shotted Brian Cushing taking him out for the year. While I don't agree with all of Goddell's edicts I think that stuff needs to go.
it was a legal hit and there were no flags or fines assessed. A few minutes later Welker was right as rain. Getting your bell rung is part of the game. Hating Tom Brady?

AFC Championship game v. Raiders. Man gets hit and ball pops loose. His arm WAS NOT moving forward. He got hit and FUMBLED. Refs gave him a HUGE GIFT which wound up sending your team to the superbowl and even BRADY acknowledged that when he saw the Raiders a week after the Superbowl at the pro bowl.

Video Scandal. Belechick gets busted having assistant coaches TAPE opposing teams DURING GAMES and gets a fine and a slap on the wrist where any OTHER coach would have been suspended or even banned from football. The year after said scandal when the Pats had their "perfect season" many of us who just plain don't like them were pulling for them to beat the Giants if ONLY to get the 1972 Dolphins to FINALLY SHUT THE HELL UP...and they couldn't do that in a game that even the GIANTS predicted the Patriots would win.

National Media . Brady's a good QB. He's a compeditor and I respect him, but I still hate the muff-hugga. Those of us who don't live in Boston or anywhere in the Northeast, get sick to our stomachs any time our teams play the Pats only to hear the guys on Sunday/Monday night football, CBS, Fox and ESPN argue over whether Tom Brady's semen taste like sunshine, kittens, puppies, lephrechan farts, unicorn piss or rainbows as they all seem to take his junk out of their mouths just long enough to have the argument. They even do it when the Pats are having a bad season. Tom doesn't have an "S" on his chest. He's not wearing a red cape and having three ways with Lois Lane and Wonder Woman.
He won 3 superbowls and will be in the Hall of fame, but doesn't seem to know the meaning the word "HUMILITY". The one Superbowl they lost he and his wife were pointing fingers at EVERYONE else. Wow...thought this was a team sport.

For the record however, I would rather see Tom Brady and Bill Belecheat win another Superbowl before I EVER WANT TO watch the Dallas Cowbys win another one.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #126
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 656 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Funny a guy on sports radio just called him the Gronk of defense. A guy who's a matchup nightmare both in the passing and running game who teams cannot matchup with. I thought that was very appropriate. Bruschi called him the best defender in the game by far and stating that his numbers coming from a 5 technique is so much more impressive than an end like Aldon Smith or rush linebacker like Ware or Wake.
Old 12-10-2012   #127
Everlong
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
it was a legal hit and there were no flags or fines assessed. A few minutes later Welker was right as rain. Getting your bell rung is part of the game.
There was a flag and if it happened today there would be a fine without a doubt. I won't take the bait on the rest of it. I came here to talk football not get into it about all the other junk.
Old 12-10-2012   #128
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Maybe not, but I know one thing that did, or at least slowed him. The weather and field conditions in the Chicago game. Unfortunately, there will be similar conditions this evening.
Go back and watch some of the game tape from Chi-town.
Watt was double teamed for a majority of the game and there were 7 plays (iirc) where he was literally TRIPLE teamed.

Weather...yes.
Beast...DEFINITELY!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #129
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131013 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Just leave it to the Dread.

He's got a way of talking

You have to learn to be pretty persuasive when you choose to walk around with a mop growing from your head. Truthfully...I learned it from watching Bill...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 12-10-2012   #130
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Funny a guy on sports radio just called him the Gronk of defense. A guy who's a matchup nightmare both in the passing and running game who teams cannot matchup with. I thought that was very appropriate. Bruschi called him the best defender in the game by far and stating that his numbers coming from a 5 technique is so much more impressive than an end like Aldon Smith or rush linebacker like Ware or Wake.
Even though I don't like the Pats...I've always liked Ted Bruschi. How can anyone dislike a guy whose name is pronounced "Brewski"? I don't think it can be done.
Old 12-10-2012   #131
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I forgot that they went with field turf a few years ago, so it might not be much of a concern after all
Old 12-10-2012   #132
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You have to learn to be pretty persuasive when you choose to walk around with a mop growing from your head. Truthfully...I learned it from watching Bill...
You got it in you, but yeah Bill is a good douche to learn a thing or two from.
He's got a way, too.

I've got a friend at UH; he went for the Barkley's look, he charmed the hell out of our Department, too. In all honesty, the first time I met you, I saw him. He was a little more subdue than you, only due to the time.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #133
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

wow. Here I was thinking you were a cool guy. *sigh* Let's break it down.

Quote:
AFC Championship game v. Raiders. Man gets hit and ball pops loose. His arm WAS NOT moving forward. He got hit and FUMBLED. Refs gave him a HUGE GIFT which wound up sending your team to the superbowl and even BRADY acknowledged that when he saw the Raiders a week after the Superbowl at the pro bowl.
NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Stop crying. It's a crappy rule, but it's the rule.

Quote:
Video Scandal. Belechick gets busted having assistant coaches TAPE opposing teams DURING GAMES and gets a fine and a slap on the wrist where any OTHER coach would have been suspended or even banned from football. The year after said scandal when the Pats had their "perfect season" many of us who just plain don't like them were pulling for them to beat the Giants if ONLY to get the 1972 Dolphins to FINALLY SHUT THE HELL UP...and they couldn't do that in a game that even the GIANTS predicted the Patriots would win
Did you bring up spygate again? Eric Mangini called out the Pats in 2007, at the start of the 16-0 season. Since then, they've been to 2 Superbowls and gone 73-17, not including playoffs (including all of '07). The only year they didn't go to the playoffs was '08, when they went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. It's safe to say that the videotape is not the reason for the greatness. Even Kraft said The Hoodie was a schmuck for doing it, that (according to BB) it didn't give the Pats a big advantage.

Quote:
National Media . Brady's a good QB. He's a compeditor and I respect him, but I still hate the muff-hugga. Those of us who don't live in Boston or anywhere in the Northeast, get sick to our stomachs any time our teams play the Pats only to hear the guys on Sunday/Monday night football, CBS, Fox and ESPN argue over whether Tom Brady's semen taste like sunshine, kittens, puppies, lephrechan farts, unicorn piss or rainbows as they all seem to take his junk out of their mouths just long enough to have the argument. They even do it when the Pats are having a bad season. Tom doesn't have an "S" on his chest. He's not wearing a red cape and having three ways with Lois Lane and Wonder Woman. He won 3 superbowls and will be in the Hall of fame, but doesn't seem to know the meaning the word "HUMILITY". The one Superbowl they lost he and his wife were pointing fingers at EVERYONE else. Wow...thought this was a team sport.
GOAT. Get over it. You'll be able to tell your grandkids how much you hated his supermodel banging bask side. Gisele pointed fingers, not TB12. And, speaking of Gisele, for all we know, Brady is wearing a red cape while having three-ways with her and Brigdet Moynahan. I prefer Bridget.

Quote:
For the record however, I would rather see Tom Brady and Bill Belecheat win another Superbowl before I EVER WANT TO watch the Dallas Cowbys win another one.
We agree.
Old 12-10-2012   #134
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Vollmer was a fan favorite down here when he went to UH. They used to do a game day video promo of Vollmer giving German language lessons on campus. They would choose a word that people would try to pronounce in German.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #135
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:

NFL Rule 3, Section 22, Article 2, Note 2. When [an offensive] player is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional forward movement of his arm starts a forward pass, even if the player loses possession of the ball as he is attempting to tuck it back toward his body. Also, if the player has tucked the ball into his body and then loses possession, it is a fumble.

Stop crying. It's a crappy rule, but it's the rule.
I'm aware of the rule...and I've seen that tape 1000 times...his arm didn't move forward until his entire BODY did when he got hit. FUMBLE...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxborrow Steve
Did you bring up spygate again? Eric Mangini called out the Pats in 2007, at the start of the 16-0 season. Since then, they've been to 2 Superbowls and gone 73-17, not including playoffs (including all of '07). The only year they didn't go to the playoffs was '08, when they went 11-5 with Matt Cassel. It's safe to say that the videotape is not the reason for the greatness. Even Kraft said The Hoodie was a schmuck for doing it, that (according to BB) it didn't give the Pats a [size=7]big/size] advantage.
just not a "big" one...good to know. But dude any OTHER coach would have been banned or at least suspended. Shawn Peyton was banned for a season for the whole "bounty" thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevearino
GOAT. Get over it. You'll be able to tell your grandkids how much you hated his supermodel banging bask side. Gisele pointed fingers, not TB12. And, speaking of Gisele, for all we know, Brady is wearing a red cape while having three-ways with her and Brigdet Moynahan. I prefer Bridget.

We agree.

Bah...just having fun with ya dude...
Old 12-10-2012   #136
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Quote:
just not a "big" one...good to know. But dude any OTHER coach would have been banned or at least suspended. Shawn Peyton was banned for a season for the whole "bounty" thing.
Goodell is trying to reduce liability for lawsuits. Having a bounty program flies in the face of Goodell's player safety rant. He can't reduce the league's liability if someone is deliberately working against the league and paying players to hurt other players. Do I think he care's about player safety, or the good of the shield? Nope. He's trying to save the league billions in class action.

I disagree on the videotape penalty. Goodell would have gone easier than half a mill and a first rounder on anyone but Belichick. If it was Kubiack, it would have been $50-100k and no pick.
Old 12-10-2012   #137
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
He is a cool guy.

But he's got a PhD in button pushing. Come around when we aren't playing the Pats, you'll fall in love with him.
Old 12-10-2012   #138
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
He is a cool guy.

But he's got a PhD in button pushing. Come around when we aren't playing the Pats, you'll fall in love with him.
That's a little homoerotic. I'll likely hang around, anyway.
Old 12-10-2012   #139
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I do wanna thank those Pats fans (except the original OP) who participated in our message board and brought great insight and great discussion..

Game on!! Here's to a good game (tipping my cocktail) y'all and no injuries!!!
Old 12-10-2012   #140
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I do wanna thank those Pats fans (except the original OP) who participated in our message board and brought great insight and great discussion..

Game on!! Here's to a good game (tipping my cocktail) y'all and no injuries!!!
I'll be around.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read