Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-10-2012   #81
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get off the bandwagon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
That's the same thing the Bears thought & we didn't give the ball up once.

That turnover thing only works when you're playing the Jests, not teams that take care of the ball.
Granted, you guys are not the Jets, but we didn't get to +17 on just them, either.
Old 12-10-2012   #82
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainTrust66 View Post
True, but part of the reason I signed up for this site is because the posters seemed, for the most part reasonable. I also think I may need this ID again sometime deep in the playoffs...

As for smack talk, try going on Gang Green (the Jets site) sometime if you've not already. It's a ship of fools with just a few exceptions.

The overall strategy tonight for the Pats will be interesting. Not sure if they will try to run it up in there against your base (word on the street has it that they can run against the Texan's nickel).

On the defensive side, I'm guessing that Belichick wants to take away Foster as much as possible. Easier said than done, of course. Talib will most like get Andre - tough matchup for Talib but there's a very short list of corners who can cover him. Talib won't be on an island - and safety play which was horrendous earlier in the year has gotten a little better with McCourty back there.

Texans are the best test of the season so far for NE. This time a year (for me) it's all about measuring whether or not my team has Super Bowl credentials or not. I think we'll know a lot more about that before midnight ET.
When I was on the Patriots board, I stated in one post that I agree your fans "have the right" to "slap" at several Gang Green members.
The Texans played the Jets quite a few times since Kubiak arrived in Houston, so I've been there several times.
There are several "suspected" characters over there.

I and a few others had posted that running against our nickel is fool gold.

A big portion of those yards came from the first game against the Titans.
They were down by a gazillion points in the second half, but they kept running.
We would let them run from their own end zone to past midfield, and then we cut them off, LOL!

There were also a few runs here and there in the fourth quarter of different games that we were willing to give up to trade for time.

There were some draw plays or QB scrambles; usually in passing situation.

Sometimes, a mobile QB was forced to scramble; I don't think Brady can be listed as such. He's not that young anymore.

Think of it this way.
The Packers had a big lead on us.
They started running with a 2-back formation, which became prevalent in the fourth quarter.
If they thought they can do a good job running at our nickel, they wouldn't be lining up in that personnel in the fourth quarter.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #83
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ready for this game to be played. All the pre-game analysis and expert opinions on TV has me worn out.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #84
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 656 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected

The turnovers for these teams isn't that different.

Pats 9 given, 33 taken
Tex 12 given, 26 taken

So both teams average a turnover or less per game and take it away 2-2.5 times a game. Likely this holds up and we see a turnover each. If one team coughs it up more than that they're losing.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #85
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 656 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I'm ready for this game to be played. All the pre-game analysis and expert opinions on TV has me worn out.
Amen. I said last Monday the worst part of this game is when it's being played. That extra day just drags.
Old 12-10-2012   #86
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
Granted, you guys are not the Jets, but we didn't get to +17 on just them, either.
Nope, you got to +5 on them and +7 on the Bills. 16 of your team's 33 takeaways came from the 4 games against the Bills and Jets.
Old 12-10-2012   #87
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

BTW, a note to our visitors, Blazing Arrow's thread is in Memoriam of the late Titans poster with that SN.

He used to frequent our site A LOT before he passed away.
He brought with him a lot of good football talk, and some very good smacks as well.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #88
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Nope, you got to +5 on them and +7 on the Bills. 16 of your team's 33 takeaways came from the 4 games against the Bills and Jets.
...and you guys have had 13 against Tennesee and Miami. Good teams feast on weak ones.
Old 12-10-2012   #89
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
BTW, a note to our visitors, Blazing Arrow's thread is in Memoriam of the late Titans poster with that SN.

He brought with him a lot of good football talk, and some very good smacks as well.
hey, that's a nice tribute.
Old 12-10-2012   #90
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

Yeah, I kinda' miss that dude...mainly because the Texans are 11-1 and we never got to rub his smug little nose in it.

Tonight's game is one of those that has me feeling nervous. I've got tremendous respect for the Patriots organization, and while I don't have a "second favorite team", the Patriots are the team that I have followed and rooted for as the anti-Colts for the past decade. Anything that balanced out Peyton Manning's dominance was a good thing, and Brady/Belichick/Patriots were that counter-balance for a long time.

I really want this year to be a "changing of the guard", so to speak. The Patriots have been the franchise of the past decade, much like the Cowboys in the '90's, 49ers in the '80's, and Steelers in the '70's. And while I respect them and consider Brady to be #2 behind Montana, I also feel like the time has come for other teams to start building dominance for the next decade.

Can the Texans be that team? Obviously I hope so. Will they be that team? I'm not a fortune teller and cannot say for sure. I'm nervous as a Texans fan, filled with excitement to finally have a great team after a decade of mediocrity and futility, but also plagued with the curse of Houston's pro football past. Will the 2012 Texans finally put that past to rest and establish a new era, a new standard to be followed by future Houston teams? Or, will they continue the curse that has haunted this city for decades...

Tonight does not answer those questions. Win or lose, it's only one regular season game. But, it can give us some insight to the team and how they might perform in the post-season. Put up a hard fight, and win or lose, we can be proud. Wither and gasp for air like they did against the Packers, and I cannot help but feel a little worried about January 2013. JMO

GO TEXANS!!
Old 12-10-2012   #91
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

How are the Pats guards and center ? That's where you pressure Brady .

Texans 194
Pats 3

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/skirt.htm
Old 12-10-2012   #92
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

I smell some butt-hurt in chowda land when the Texans win!!!
Old 12-10-2012   #93
Everlong
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
How are the Pats guards and center ? That's where you pressure Brady .
Mankins is supposed to play and had missed a handful of games. Dan Connolly the other guard has been banged up and in and out. Ryan Wendell the center is solid. The interior of the line is best described as the whole being better than the sum of it's parts. I know Mankins is a pro bowler but where he was once underrated it's flipped and he gets the pro bowls and all pro teams on reputation. The key is these guys are very good as a unit. On the occasions they don't play well its because of a very athletic defender who beats the combo block an doesn't allow them to get to the second level in the running game and pushes the pocket in the passing game.

This is a very big match-up for the success of both teams. It will be interesting to see what wrinkles both sides come up with to try and tip the scales.
Old 12-10-2012   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Tonight's game is one of those that has me feeling nervous. I've got tremendous respect for the Patriots organization, and while I don't have a "second favorite team", the Patriots are the team that I have followed and rooted for as the anti-Colts for the past decade.
There's nothing to be nervous about DB, take a cue from the great Pats fans that have come to visit. It's just a game, win or lose... it's just part of the process.

They won't look into it any more than an L on their record if they lose & look forward to the rematch.

We should be the same way. This game is hyped because they are who they are & we are who we are.

Nobody thought we would be undefeated this season. No one thought we'd be 11-1 at this point. & no one thought we'd finish the season 14-2.

We circled a few games on our calendar before the season started. This was one of them. They weren't must wins, they weren't should wins. They were, "it would be nice to win some of them."

Well we've won most of them. This is the last one. If we win, great. If we lose... we'll get them next time.

Old 12-10-2012   #95
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Mankins is supposed to play and had missed a handful of games. Dan Connolly the other guard has been banged up and in and out. Ryan Wendell the center is solid. The interior of the line is best described as the whole being better than the sum of it's parts. I know Mankins is a pro bowler but where he was once underrated it's flipped and he gets the pro bowls and all pro teams on reputation. The key is these guys are very good as a unit. On the occasions they don't play well its because of a very athletic defender who beats the combo block an doesn't allow them to get to the second level in the running game and pushes the pocket in the passing game.

This is a very big match-up for the success of both teams. It will be interesting to see what wrinkles both sides come up with to try and tip the scales.

JJ Watt and Antonio Smith are both pretty good on stunts coming up the gut . Earl Mitchel is quick up the field at NG .
Old 12-10-2012   #96
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

lol you guys are so easy to hook.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #97
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Yeah, like that's going to stop me from kicking him in the gnads.

Hey no gnads hitting we have had enough of that for one year.
Old 12-10-2012   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Hey no gnads hitting we have had enough of that for one year.
It was an accident.

Honest.
Old 12-10-2012   #99
Everlong
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
JJ Watt and Antonio Smith are both pretty good on stunts coming up the gut . Earl Mitchel is quick up the field at NG .
They'll be a handful for sure. I'm really interested in seeing Vollmer vs Watt. Vollmer is really underrated and unknown for the most part nationally. He has had back issues so I'm hoping he's relitively healthy. He's held guys like Robert Mathis and Mario Williams down without help. Watt is playing at a different level than those guys so this will be a great matchup.

I think they'll try to slow them down with some traps and draws and who's excutes will go a long way to deciding who wins.

Inside I'm interested to see what type of delayed blitzes Phillips sends. The Pats are very good at picking up the blitz so I expect him to send some delayed blitzes and vary what position they're coming from.
Old 12-10-2012   #100
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
It took me week and 3 days..i actualy thought i got denied...
Yeah it does take a while. I remember when I signed up, I put my request in after the first game last season, and didn't get accepted until a day before the Dolphins game. I had a lot to say about that game too! Oh well.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read