Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 12-06-2012   #461
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Serious question here, first week of playoffs:

Aaron Rodgers vs DET or Matt Schaub @ NE

6 points per passing TD, -2 for INT, no loss on sacks, and 25 yards per point.
Old 12-06-2012   #462
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Thoughts?
Marshall for sure, then Rice/Shorts/Maclin for me, check injury status.

My gut: I don't like Moore vs. Champ, even though Raiders should be behind & throwing. Week 4 was a Broncos blowout, and Moore was benched last week. (Watch him blow up, now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Letmethinkaboutthisforasecond Aaron Rogers.

My top QB this week, and I suggest you don't bench your studs. Good luck.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #463
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quick help please:

Drew Brees vs. Giants or Matt Schaub vs. Patriots?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #464
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Quick help please:

Drew Brees for me, final answer.
Old 12-06-2012   #465
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quick help please:

Gotta go Brees. The track record is there even if last week sucked.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #466
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Serious question here, first week of playoffs:

6 points per passing TD, -2 for INT, no loss on sacks, and 25 yards per point.
Definetly Rodgers! Schaub is way too inconsistent points wise - and Rodgers should put up big numbers in what will be a high scoring game...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #467
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quick help please:

Again I have to go against Schaub. Brees is just too good to sit...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #468
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am not sure if I should play Denarius Moore tonight. My other WR's are Brandon Marshall (shows questionable but should play), Cecil Shorts (concussion, doesn't look good for him to suit up), and Moore is usually my 3rd WR.

Guys on the bench are:
Maclin
Kendall Wright
Sidney Rice (also questionable)

I have to decide on Moore by tonight. Since he's healthy, I might just have to leave him in, cause if Shorts can't go (and he probably can't) than it's a toss up for one of these three.

Thoughts?
Need to give us more time man.

Old 12-07-2012   #469
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Definetly Rodgers! Schaub is way too inconsistent points wise - and Rodgers should put up big numbers in what will be a high scoring game...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Marshall for sure, then Rice/Shorts/Maclin for me, check injury status.

My gut: I don't like Moore vs. Champ, even though Raiders should be behind & throwing. Week 4 was a Broncos blowout, and Moore was benched last week. (Watch him blow up, now!)

Letmethinkaboutthisforasecond Aaron Rogers.

My top QB this week, and I suggest you don't bench your studs. Good luck.
Well, Schaub has outscored Rodgers in each of the last 3 weeks, so I'm a bit concerned. But as DKR said, "Dance with the one that brought you."
Old 12-07-2012   #470
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Need to give us more time man.

true story....oh no, i suck again

How you been? Let's grab a beer soon.
Old 12-07-2012   #471
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What do you guys think I should do about my terrible RB situation

Dwyer
Turner/Rodgers (I have both)
Felix Jones
Alex Green

Right now, I am leaning toward Dwyer and Rodgers. I think Dwyer is definitely a start especially with big Ben coming back. (Vereen is available as a FA, that's a big crapshoot like Felix Jones IMO). I know nothing about Green.
Old 12-07-2012   #472
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Injuries have taken out 4 of my players(McFaddin,McCoy,Jordy,Harvin), so I've had to scramble (5 trades/pickups) to build something for a playoff run. What's your opinion on...

2nd RB to pair with AP:
Bryce Brown PHI @TB
Johnathon Dwyer PIT v. SD

Pick 2 WRs:
Greg Jennings v. DET
Mike Williams TB v. PHI
Denarius Moore v. DEN
Randall Cobb v. DET

Pick 1 TE:
B Myers v. DEN
K Rudolph v. CHI

performance, non-PPR
RB - Bryce Brown. He's had a great start.
WR -Randall Cobb and Mike Williams. Cobb is Rodgers' favorite target.
TE - Brandon Myers. He's a solid tight end compared to Rudolph.
Old 12-07-2012   #473
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Dwyer
Turner/Rodgers (I have both)
Felix Jones
Alex Green
Dwyer & Turner for me.
Old 12-09-2012   #474
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoff week. Having a real hard call here between starting Nicks, Maclin, or Golden Tate.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #475
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Playoff week. Having a real hard call here between starting Nicks, Maclin, or Golden Tate.
I'd avoid Maclin, he's screwed me all year. Nicks is going to be knicked up, so maybe Tate by default.
Old 12-09-2012   #476
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I swear the FF Gods hate me. Start Tate... He's done nothing. Maclin goes for 21 and Nicks just caught his first TD in several games. OF course I sat both. FML.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #477
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I swear the FF Gods hate me. Start Tate... He's done nothing. Maclin goes for 21 and Nicks just caught his first TD in several games. OF course I sat both. FML.
I feel the same way. At least there is nothing I could have done, my opponenet but up 173.
Old 12-09-2012   #478
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

I suck.

Picked up all these top ranked guys at no small cost and I get practically nothing: Bryce Brown, Myers TE Raiders, Conner Barth.

Not my year.
Old 12-10-2012   #479
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have Ben Tate and Justin Forsett tonight but can only play one ... which one would you play?
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #480
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
I have Ben Tate and Justin Forsett tonight but can only play one ... which one would you play?
I'd go with Justin Forsett. Tate still seems to be in the doghouse. Last game against the Titans Forsett had 14 carries, Tate had 3.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read