Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-10-2012   #61
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get off the bandwagon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainTrust66 View Post
I add to that - the original poster DEFINITELY does not speak for all of us. I can almost guarantee you that I have been a Pats fan since before he was born (1976, for the record) so I believe that I better credentials.

Heck, I even remember the Oilers of the 70's very well. Earl Campbell is one of my all-time favorite non-Pats. Bum, Dan Pastorini, Lu Ya Blue...all that stuff.

First off - good luck to you guys tonight. We live for these games - playoffs before the playoffs - and in the past decade+ we've been lucky to have a bunch of games like this. It doesn't make them any less exciting for me. Believe me, I've lived through a good chunk of the "Pre-Brady" years and I know (unlike some of these youngsters) not to take this for granted.

Pats will need their "A" game to win tonight. They are -36-3 in the month of December since 2003, but none of that matters with a team as balanced as the Texans coming into town. If NE is to win tonight they have to make you guys kick field goals a few times. I have no doubt you will be able to move the ball. Everyone moves the ball against us for at least some part of the game. The key to beating the Pats lies in the red zone and, in general, hanging onto the ball. When they are at their best, they make the other team go on long drives and hope that they screw up at some point. Most times, the other team obliges.

11 hours to go...
Welcome to the board.
Some of us have been to the Pats board; we can see the overall picture.
I don't mind the young Mr. Gronked at all; a little smack is all good.

The Texans hang on to the football pretty well.
We need to keep on doing that; the team with fewer mistakes stands a good chance of winning a game like this.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #62
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Welcome to the board.

I think we have the guys to stay with Welker and Woodhead; hopefully we'll keep them under their average.
no doubt! Welker is a beast.. I "HOPE" we have the guys to stay with him.

This game is so hard to pick a favorite based on matchups. "If" Houston can get the ground game working early, it's the best scenario for Houston's chances of a W. Control the clock; keep the crowd out of it; DON"T turn the ball over.

Much respect for NE and in their house, this one is hard to pick Houston, BUT, we are not talking David and Goliath, as GRONKED may want to paint the picture as. It will not take a "MIRACLE" to beat NE, but it sure won't be easy to do.

I will HOMER up and predict my ideal scenario..
Houston O puts up a TD per quarter average and a couple of field goals. Almost the same for NE, minus that whoopsie Pick 6 by Manning.

Houston 41
NE 27
Old 12-10-2012   #63
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
This is the second guy who's complained that it took a week to get approved. I'm curious why so long? I really really love it when opposing fans come here to talk football. It looks like we may have missed out on a fair amount of smack.
It took me week and 3 days..i actualy thought i got denied...
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #64
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Weather in the mid 50s @ gametime and 80-90% chance of rain.

Pats make me nervous...but heck, I'm a since the beginning so just about EVERYBODY makes me nervous.

Too many variables in this game for me to even take a shot at making a call. For me it's simple: a win @ NE means we're for real! The Packers were for real and we didn't fair too well against them on a big stage. Brady is a beast but definitely has a few chinks in his armor these days.

Heard the report that he was having the practice D use TENNIS RACKETS to get ready for JJ Watt and our guys batting balls down. Good idea BUT, it could jack with his release point and/or his touch on the ball. If the weather is as funky as they say, that could be a MAJOR FACTOR in the game. If he can't handle the ball the same because of making adjustments it could mean a big game for our secondary -OR- if he goes back to his normal throwing patterns it could mean a big game for our guys up front. JJ is gonna get his, and if he gets his early and ANYBODY ELSE on the D-line has a game...it could be trouble for the Pats.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #65
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
no doubt! Welker is a beast.. I "HOPE" we have the guys to stay with him.

This game is so hard to pick a favorite based on matchups. "If" Houston can get the ground game working early, it's the best scenario for Houston's chances of a W. Control the clock; keep the crowd out of it; DON"T turn the ball over.

Much respect for NE and in their house, this one is hard to pick Houston, BUT, we are not talking David and Goliath, as GRONKED may want to paint the picture as. It will not take a "MIRACLE" to beat NE, but it sure won't be easy to do.

I will HOMER up and predict my ideal scenario..
Houston O puts up a TD per quarter average and a couple of field goals. Almost the same for NE, minus that whoopsie Pick 6 by Manning.

Houston 41
NE 27
Much respect, and then you're dropping 41 on us?

I see it if you guys can slow down the game with Foster, then it goes your way. If Brady moves up and down the field with Welker and Hernandez, with Ridley in the red zone, then it leans our way.

You guys have a CB with a hammy problem? Lloyd may be a factor. Brady will definitely look for the open guy, and not a favorite guy.
Old 12-10-2012   #66
BrainTrust66
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Welcome to the board.
Some of us have been to the Pats board; we can see the overall picture.
I don't mind the young Mr. Gronked at all; a little smack is all good.
True, but part of the reason I signed up for this site is because the posters seemed, for the most part reasonable. I also think I may need this ID again sometime deep in the playoffs...

As for smack talk, try going on Gang Green (the Jets site) sometime if you've not already. It's a ship of fools with just a few exceptions.

The overall strategy tonight for the Pats will be interesting. Not sure if they will try to run it up in there against your base (word on the street has it that they can run against the Texan's nickel).

On the defensive side, I'm guessing that Belichick wants to take away Foster as much as possible. Easier said than done, of course. Talib will most like get Andre - tough matchup for Talib but there's a very short list of corners who can cover him. Talib won't be on an island - and safety play which was horrendous earlier in the year has gotten a little better with McCourty back there.

Texans are the best test of the season so far for NE. This time a year (for me) it's all about measuring whether or not my team has Super Bowl credentials or not. I think we'll know a lot more about that before midnight ET.
BrainTrust66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #67
Everlong
Rookie

Rep Power: 656 Everlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respectedEverlong is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRONKED View Post
Before it crashes and burns tonight.

Your beloved texans will get lit up. It wont be close.

I could post actual analysis here on why the pats will blow you out but these mods took a week to fkn approve me here so its too late for good conversation. Besides id likely get dismissed like all the espn experts picking the pats to win.

Instead, just want to point out that what rodgers did to your d was no fluke, no blip. Brady will do the same.

Pats by no less than 20.

Houston ko'd from playoffs by pats or broncos..depends who gets you first.

You heard it here.

(If I dont get banned ill be back to talk trash after)

Gl texans! (Mnf? Bright lights? In Foxboro? Vs g.o.a.t? Youll need it
Come on man the Texans fans have come to the Pats boards and been nothing but respectful. There's no need to troll. They could easily point out it being no blip losing to the now 4-9 Cardinals. Every team has a bad game.
Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #68
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not particularly worried about this game. If we win that's great but nobody will think it means anything outside of Houston. Of course the Pats are capable of beating us. We're capable of beating them. More than likely they beat us up there but it's not a foregone conclusion. What's really important is that we win 3 of the next 4 and get home field advantage through the playoffs. Then we take care of business at our house.

I'm torn between wanting this game to be one of those 3 out of 4 or not. New England does not lose often after December 1st and it would seem like a lot to ask from the football gods to win in Foxboro and then beat them again in the playoffs. If that happened then it would be indicative of a major shift in their fortunes I think and I've seen nothing to make me believe that that has happened.

Still, this guy's a fool who must have gotten lost on his way to /sp/ on 4chan. These other Patriots fans are much more like the people I've encountered. Nothing but respect for the Patriots, I'll admit it "They're who we all want to be". I want my team to rip off a run like they have since Brady got there and they're a brilliant franchise when it comes to player management. They know when to pick them up, when to ditch them, and they draft as well as anybody ever has. My hat's off to them but I'm not going to concede anything. The Texans can beat them. They just need to take care of their business and not make mistakes. We need big games out of several people to pull this off but we can do it.

The Green Bay game was a fluke. This game has nothing to do with that one and hopefully even if we don't win tonight we put that myth to rest for good.
Old 12-10-2012   #69
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Come on man the Texans fans have come to the Pats boards and been nothing but respectful. There's no need to troll. They could easily point out it being no blip losing to the now 4-9 Cardinals. Every team has a bad game.
yes, I agree. You guys have been very respectful over on our boards.
Old 12-10-2012   #70
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
yes, I agree. You guys have been very respectful over on our boards.
I'm trying to change that.
Old 12-10-2012   #71
GRONKED
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry if ive offended anyone, not the intent lol.

Just seems like many of you are on the fence About how this plays out...im just making it clear that I am not. I am confident we run away w it.

Do I know? No, neither do you...or belichick or kubiak for that matter.

Im just saying dont be surprised when we light em up like a christmas tree.

On that note, happy holidays everyone!
GRONKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #72
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Just seems like many of you are on the fence About how this plays out...im just making it clear that I am not. I am confident we run away w it.

I liked you better when you were being a butt.

Being on the fence... that's just respect for your team.

Though I respect the Pats & their winning ways, but I know for a fact there won't be no lighting up on our defense, unless it is us doing the lighting. They will keep Brady in the pocket & that pocket is going to get small, fast. Brady is going to be frustrated to the likes you ain't never seen.

My only fear is that we don't put the game away early. If we let you hang around & it comes down to a forth Qtr stand, I don't like our chances.
Old 12-10-2012   #73
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 18555 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Much respect, and then you're dropping 41 on us?

I see it if you guys can slow down the game with Foster, then it goes your way. If Brady moves up and down the field with Welker and Hernandez, with Ridley in the red zone, then it leans our way.

You guys have a CB with a hammy problem? Lloyd may be a factor. Brady will definitely look for the open guy, and not a favorite guy.
Well, I did preface the prediction with me Homering
What else can I do? To be sure, I'm teetering on hopeful/optimistic.

JoJo is a wildcard, I'll concede that concern, but I trust that JoJo won't be out there if he's a liability. This week won't be the first game of the season that Houston has to cover the #1 passing attack in the NFL without Joseph and we stayed in that game.
Old 12-10-2012   #74
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

"On the fence" means we respect your team. Duh.

It doesn't mean we doubt our own players. Double duh.

You just wanted to reel off some smack talk, don't go apologizing for it now. If there's anything I can't stand it's someone who slaps me in my face and then shrugs and tells me "I was only kidding!"
Old 12-10-2012   #75
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Alright Mr. Pats Superfan. Would you care to tell us why your "GOAT" only put up a 74 QB rating against the 25th ranked passing defense last week? Why didn't your Pats run away with that one?
Old 12-10-2012   #76
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

I went to a game at Gillette several years ago. (Froze my butt off. LOL.) The Pat's fans I encountered were cool peeps. The OP is a nozzle.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #77
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You just wanted to reel off some smack talk, don't go apologizing for it now. If there's anything I can't stand it's someone who slaps me in my face and then shrugs and tells me "I was only kidding!"
Yeah, like that's going to stop me from kicking him in the gnads.

Old 12-10-2012   #78
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
Well, I did preface the prediction with me Homering
What else can I do? To be sure, I'm teetering on hopeful/optimistic.

JoJo is a wildcard, I'll concede that concern, but I trust that JoJo won't be out there if he's a liability. This week won't be the first game of the season that Houston has to cover the #1 passing attack in the NFL without Joseph and we stayed in that game.
In my mind, Brady's going to light up any injured/suspect DB's you guys have, regardless of which receiver he uses. The question to me is whether or not the Pats D can stop your offense. I think the Pats opportunistic D wins the turnover battle and makes just enough plays, assuming that Shaub tries to match Brady throwing the ball.

If the Pats D cant stop Foster, you guys win a 17-14 kind of game, dominating time of possession.
Old 12-10-2012   #79
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I think the Pats opportunistic D wins the turnover battle and makes just enough plays, assuming that Shaub tries to match Brady throwing the ball.
That's the same thing the Bears thought & we didn't give the ball up once.

That turnover thing only works when you're playing the Jests, not teams that take care of the ball.
Old 12-10-2012   #80
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll see if you are man enough to come back here and eat crow if your team looses. Judging by your opening post I doubt it. I have to say I don't see us winning this game either. Mainly because of our secondary being so banged up and the fact that we are playing away. I have to say I'm proud of the way this team has found ways to win hard fought close games. In the past they loose most of those type games.

If we do win this game I know I will be a beleiver. C'mon Phillips send the house. It's time for you to unleash Mercilous.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read