Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-10-2012   #41
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get off the bandwagon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRONKED View Post
Defense? You made henne look like...wait for it....tom brady.
Cardinals defense made tom brady look like Mark Sanchez.... The Difference is we still win after...
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 154140 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Man, you guys have some thin skin. Smack talk fuels sports rivalries. I'd love to develop a rivalry with new england like Indy had with them a few years back. When guys like this start coming on it just means you're finally good.
Don't really need smack talk. We just need to stay at the top of the division & spank that a$s every year.

That'll fuel the rivalry.
Old 12-10-2012   #43
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post

So we all have ghonorrea?
Gronkorrhea...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #44
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

If only we had as much firepower as the Cardinals, Ravens or Seahawks!!!

You know, that may have been a highly visible ass kicking but at least everyone knows our shame. We don't have to pretend like 3 suck ass teams didn't beat us. ONE really pretty freaking fantastic team beat us.

Oh and today, Rodgers > Brady. While we're at that, Watt > Wilfork. Andre the Giant, Arian Foster > Anything on the Patriots not named Brady.

The least you could do is act like you're aware that this game is going to be a barn burner and we're at your barn.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #45
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Get out of the tub, Gronk!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #46
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
This is the second guy who's complained that it took a week to get approved. I'm curious why so long? I really really love it when opposing fans come here to talk football. It looks like we may have missed out on a fair amount of smack.
I never did hear back from some new england BBS I applied at. I'm not going to worry about it now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #47
GRONKED
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol at arod or anyone active vs brady. 3 sbs...5 sb appearances...2 mvps...maybe another this year...gtfo. brady is the best in the game today (I believe arod was quoted saying that himself.

Gtexan...dont u worry. This screenname wil be very relevant comme playoffs.

I promise ill be back tonight to lol @ the panic on this forum. I see it now..."dont panic guys it was just an off day itll be different in the playoffs @ reliant. If you pull the miracle ill admit youre probably sb bound.

Wont happen tho. Belichick will make sure arian doesnt beat us.and schaubll have a good day...but wont keep up.
GRONKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #48
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 9223 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
3 sbs...5 sb appearances...2 mvps...maybe another this year...gtfo. brady is the best in the game today
Old 12-10-2012   #49
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, for a minute the OP sounded like one of our fans.

I don't even know why the team got on the plane, we don't even stand a chance straight from the experts at ESPN and esteemed MB posters such as Gronked.

Guess I'll tune it anyway and catch some of the game, bandwagon style....lol
Old 12-10-2012   #50
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gronked View Post
lol at arod or anyone active vs brady. 3 sbs...5 sb appearances...2 mvps...maybe another this year...gtfo. Brady is the best in the game today (i believe arod was quoted saying that himself.

I promise ill be back tonight to lol @ the panic on this forum. I see it now..."dont panic guys it was just an off day itll be different in the playoffs @ reliant. If you pull the miracle ill admit youre probably sb bound.

Wont happen tho. Belichick will make sure arian doesnt beat us.and schaubll have a good day...but wont keep up.
my god i cant wait to beat you guys !!!!!!!!!!!! Im going to love it!!!!!! Go texans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #51
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

GRONKED!

Old 12-10-2012   #52
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

IF the game is a blow out, the Battle Red Bunch is gonna be the winner. I think it'll be a close game, and be the best game of the year. My winner is a coin flip. We'll still get HFA and you wont beat the Texans in Reliant in the play offs.

Quote:
Lol at arod or anyone active vs brady. 3 sbs...5 sb appearances...2 mvps...maybe another this year...gtfo. brady is the best in the game today (I believe arod was quoted saying that himself.

Oh, and do the math, how many SB have the Pats won since they had to pay Brady? When a HoF qb isnt being paid cracker jacks its tougher for Belicheck to build a champ.
Old 12-10-2012   #53
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the original poster speaks for all of us. I have some concerns about our secondary and the ability to stop Johnson and Schaub specifically. We have not been able to stop fast, large wideouts, and I see nothing to make me think it will start tonight. The only thing that makes me think we can win this is the fact that if it turns into a track meet, the odds switch and favor Brady and his cast.

We are pretty beat up offensively. Gronk and Edelman are out. Welker will likely have a huge game against your nickel back, but that just cancels out any production by Johnson. I am confident in Spikes ability to least slow Foster, but you guys have Watt, and he's a linebacking god.

Should be a very good, even matchup. I really don't see a blowout on our part. You guys could definitely blow us out, as our secondary has been suspect. If the Pats D is anything close to championship mettle, than we have to stop either Johnson or Foster. If we don't, then none of the trash talk in the world is going to matter.

I expect to see you guys again in January, anyway. Good luck and enjoy the game tonight.
Foxboro Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #54
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13104 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If we lose, there shouldn't be any panic.

As obnoxiously as you've stated it, it's true: the Patriots are an extremely good team. They're at home, they're in the spotlight and are used to excelling in that setting.

If the Texans lose, it's not time to overreact, just like the Packers game. We've already shown we have the talent to beat any team in the league. Just like the Patriots. Win or lose, this game (as big as it may be) is not the end-all.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #55
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
I don't think the original poster speaks for all of us. I have some concerns about our secondary and the ability to stop Johnson and Schaub specifically. We have not been able to stop fast, large wideouts, and I see nothing to make me think it will start tonight. The only thing that makes me think we can win this is the fact that if it turns into a track meet, the odds switch and favor Brady and his cast.

We are pretty beat up offensively. Gronk and Edelman are out. Welker will likely have a huge game against your nickel back, but that just cancels out any production by Johnson. I am confident in Spikes ability to least slow Foster, but you guys have Watt, and he's a linebacking god.

Should be a very good, even matchup. I really don't see a blowout on our part. You guys could definitely blow us out, as our secondary has been suspect. If the Pats D is anything close to championship mettle, than we have to stop either Johnson or Foster. If we don't, then none of the trash talk in the world is going to matter.

I expect to see you guys again in January, anyway. Good luck and enjoy the game tonight.
Welcome aboard Steve. Great post but I would add to the bolded (and I know it goes without saying), NO INJURIES!
Old 12-10-2012   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha thanks for the welcome!

Good football talk eh?

Norg, Bradys an awesome poor weather qb. Pretty well documented...many qbs struggle in it, he excells.

GP..falcons have a cute record too. This January, do you take them over the established, championship calibre giants or pack?

I think that experience edge, coaching edge (bb), brady as a leader/x factor...will weigh very heavily in both tonights game and any playoff rematch. Tonights game includes homefield too, so pretty cocky lol.

For the record, houston has an awesome team and excluding the above I think theyre the better team for sure (prolly best in nfl). Big game time tho? Cant take them over pats...pack..or giants tbh
Coaching experience?

Read these posts and weep:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...05#post2074605

Both Kubiak and Phillips have had winning record against BB-coached teams.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #57
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thank you for nullifying the posts made by Gronked.

Hoping you guys (and is too) escape with no injuries. I'd settle for this game being the ice breaker for the AFCC game. Let's get to know one another now, then let's beat da hell outta one another in the AFCC game.
Old 12-10-2012   #58
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Welcome to the board.

I think we have the guys to stay with Welker and Woodhead; hopefully we'll keep them under their average.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #59
BrainTrust66
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 BrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respectedBrainTrust66 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think the original poster speaks for all of us.
I add to that - the original poster DEFINITELY does not speak for all of us. I can almost guarantee you that I have been a Pats fan since before he was born (1976, for the record) so I believe that I better credentials.

Heck, I even remember the Oilers of the 70's very well. Earl Campbell is one of my all-time favorite non-Pats. Bum, Dan Pastorini, Lu Ya Blue...all that stuff.

First off - good luck to you guys tonight. We live for these games - playoffs before the playoffs - and in the past decade+ we've been lucky to have a bunch of games like this. It doesn't make them any less exciting for me. Believe me, I've lived through a good chunk of the "Pre-Brady" years and I know (unlike some of these youngsters) not to take this for granted.

Pats will need their "A" game to win tonight. They are -36-3 in the month of December since 2003, but none of that matters with a team as balanced as the Texans coming into town. If NE is to win tonight they have to make you guys kick field goals a few times. I have no doubt you will be able to move the ball. Everyone moves the ball against us for at least some part of the game. The key to beating the Pats lies in the red zone and, in general, hanging onto the ball. When they are at their best, they make the other team go on long drives and hope that they screw up at some point. Most times, the other team obliges.

11 hours to go...
BrainTrust66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #60
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really?

Defense? You made henne look like...wait for it....tom brady.

Lol @ mentioning lion win. Fake td kept you in the game. That win and the jags ot game back to back? So impressed. Pats play jags in a few weeks I sure hope we can pull out a miracle ot comeback win vs them too

Bears win gets no respect...no jay cutler. Your o was awful. Bring that mediocre o to Foxboro, watch what happens.
ya i hope texans lose,but i can smell a homer a mile away. texans may not have the rigns but this year they have a really physical defense and a offense thats hard to read. You can bash the texans for going in overtime but they won....you lost to a cardinals team that got shut out by 58 points to the seahawks lol

honestly i fear the texans more then the patriots this year..
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read