Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2012   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week to Week Scenarios

Over the next three weeks, I will be posting different scenarios based on the results of our games and other games. The overall goal is to get the Number One seed so we can guarantee home field advantage with every win in the playoffs.

Assuming we lose tomorrow, if we win next week against the Colts, we will clinch the division.

Here are some key AFC Matchups over the next 3 weeks.

Week 14
Houston vs New England

Week 15
Denver vs Baltiomore
Indianapolis vs Houston
San Francisco vs New England

Week 16
New York Giants vs Baltimore
Minnesota vs Houston
New England vs Jacksonville
Cleveland vs Denver
Cincinnati vs Pittsburgh

Week 17
Baltimore vs Cincinnati
Houston vs Indianapolis
Miami vs New England
Kansas City vs Denver

So here are two huge matchups that jump out to me. Denver vs Baltimore and San Fran vs New England. Assuming we lose to New England, if they lose to San Fran the following week, it would shake everything up. Here is how it would play out, we just need to win two more games, Indy and Minny at home, and we would get the Number one seed. However, if New England loses to San Fran, and Baltimore wins out, Baltimore could get the Number two seed, and New England getting the 3 seed. So, if New England wins their wild card match up, they would have to go to Baltimore, where they have already lost once this season.

As long as we take care of our business over the next three weeks, we could go 14-2, or 13-3.
Other than our own business, we will want to root for San Fran against New England, AND root for Baltimore to win out. Since they lost today, there is no way they can pass us, since we hold the head to head over them.

There is one other Scenario I need to mention. It is possible for us to not win the division. If we were to win tomorrow, but lose our next three, Indy would hold the tiebreaker over us, and they would then win the Division. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

With those matches and scenarios on notice, keep them in mind over the next three weeks. After every week, I will update the Scenarios, and see where we stand with the rest of the AFC.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #2
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 42920 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week to Week Scenarios

I need to get through MNF first before I can move on haha. I will address the schedule after our game, this is still a big focus for us, but I will say Baltimore losing today was pretty nice.
Old 12-09-2012   #3
Texabama
waterboy

The simplest scenario to get the top seed is win tomorrow and next week. Nothing else would matter.
Texabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I just want to know how in the he77 did Munchak let Luck beat him after whup'n up the young'n for 3 qtrs.
Old 12-09-2012   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I just want to know how in the he77 did Munchak let Luck beat him after whup'n up the young'n for 3 qtrs.
Because Luck is a "Special Player" and we all love him so much.

Signed,
All the talking heads on NFLN and ESPN

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #6
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49149 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post

Assuming we lose tomorrow,
hold the phone there chief, how about we let them play the game before we mark a L in the column

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #7
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Shuler View Post
hold the phone there chief, how about we let them play the game before we mark a L in the column
Just prepping for the worst.

Everyone knows what will happen if we win, I just want to address what happens if we lose.

Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2012   #8
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Because Luck is a "Special Player" and we all love him so much.

Signed,
All the talking heads on NFLN and ESPN
Lucks lucky..with enough luck he be lucky enough to knock texans to wild card...
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #9
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 28635 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Too many scanerios. I think we need some magic numbers for the simple minded. I think its....

3: combo of Houston wins and / or NE loss to take HFA from them.
2: combo of Houston wins and / or Indy loss to take division.
2: combo of Houston wins and / or Den loss to take HFA from them.
1: combo of Houston wins and / or Bal loss to take HFA from them.

Right?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #10
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Baltimore losing is good. If we can secure the 1 seed, it is shaping up that New England and Denver will be 2 and 3... That means we will only play one of them, and it will be at home.
Old 12-09-2012   #11
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Baltimore losing is good. If we can secure the 1 seed, it is shaping up that New England and Denver will be 2 and 3... That means we will only play one of them, and it will be at home.
I'd like to have Baltimore as the #2 seed. They play strong at home, and if New England gets the #3 seed, then they go up to Baltimore. Out of everyone, I like our chances at home against the Ravens the best.

Old 12-09-2012   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Just kick the shizzzt out of NE tomorrow nite and make the math simple. And (f)uck the tAcks. I pulled for them for the 1st time ever today and they crapped on my heart.

I can't wait to see how the golden boy Luck does against us. We should remind him of what it's like to face a quality team. He won't like it much.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #13
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'd like to have Baltimore as the #2 seed. They play strong at home, and if New England gets the #3 seed, then they go up to Baltimore. Out of everyone, I like our chances at home against the Ravens the best.

If Baltimore is the 4 seed our 1st game will be against Baltimore or one of the wild cards

If Baltimore is the 2 seed, it is likely our 1st game will be against N.E or Denver... And, we could still get the other one in the AFC championship game. I don't think Baltimore beats any of the AFC elite this year: Houston, NE, Denver.
Old 12-09-2012   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like our chances against anyone, at home, in the playoffs. The House of Pain LIVES!!!!!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #15
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
If Baltimore is the 4 seed our 1st game will be against Baltimore or one of the wild cards

If Baltimore is the 2 seed, it is likely our 1st game will be against N.E or Denver... And, we could still get the other one in the AFC championship game. I don't think Baltimore beats any of the AFC elite this year: Houston, NE, Denver.
I've got NE as the 3 seed, which would mean they would go to the #2 seed by rule.

If Denver wins, we get them in Houston, which I think we could beat them.

Either way, the AFC is going to be tough. It is certainly looking like the tougher conference right now.

Old 12-10-2012   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

we need to beat the pats and then sit back and hope the ravens can beat denver

but nope i think we need to beat the colts at home to pretty much treat wk 15 and 16 like pre season thoes damm colts won to many damm games they can acctually still win the divison .... : I
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012   #17
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see the pats and broncos play. They always make a big deal about that matchup while we stay focused in the background.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #18
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Alright. So we lost last night. It was pretty bad. Pretty baaaaaad. But, don't worry! We are still in control of things, we will just need help in a couple of regions.

Next week, we can actually clinch our second division title, by beating the Colts. No strings attached, win and we're division champs, and I get to add another banner to my wall. Hopefully, it won't be the only banner I'm hanging up this year.

Now, we can also clinch a first round bye. How does that work? Well as long as we win, and Denver AND New England loses, then we will clinch a first round bye.

So, as long as we win out, we can get the Number one seed, but it wouldn't hurt for New England to lose to San Fran on Sunday night. That game, and the Denver vs Baltimore game will be very important.

I'd like to point out, that when New England has had a first round bye, they have made it to the Super Bowl 5 out of 6 times. This was mentioned last night. The only time they didn't make it with a bye, was when they lost to their division rivals, the Jets. We all know what a Division matchup is like, so I can't say I fault the Pats for losing that game.

This is all the more reason to hope that New England loses, and Baltimore can win out. I have said time and time again, I would love for the Ravens to be that Number 2 seed, ensuring that one team goes to them, and we could possibly meet up with them in the Conference Championship.

However, it also wouldn't hurt it Denver gets the Number two seed, and they face off with the Pats. Brady vs Manning, again. That would do away with at least one super team in the AFC.

But that's in the future. Let's just see how this week plays out!

Go Texans!

Old 12-11-2012   #19
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Alright. So we lost last night. It was pretty bad. Pretty baaaaaad. But, don't worry! We are still in control of things, we will just need help in a couple of regions.

Next week, we can actually clinch our second division title, by beating the Colts. No strings attached, win and we're division champs, and I get to add another banner to my wall. Hopefully, it won't be the only banner I'm hanging up this year.

Now, we can also clinch a first round bye. How does that work? Well as long as we win, and Denver AND New England loses, then we will clinch a first round bye.

So, as long as we win out, we can get the Number one seed, but it wouldn't hurt for New England to lose to San Fran on Sunday night. That game, and the Denver vs Baltimore game will be very important.

I'd like to point out, that when New England has had a first round bye, they have made it to the Super Bowl 5 out of 6 times. This was mentioned last night. The only time they didn't make it with a bye, was when they lost to their division rivals, the Jets. We all know what a Division matchup is like, so I can't say I fault the Pats for losing that game.

This is all the more reason to hope that New England loses, and Baltimore can win out. I have said time and time again, I would love for the Ravens to be that Number 2 seed, ensuring that one team goes to them, and we could possibly meet up with them in the Conference Championship.

However, it also wouldn't hurt it Denver gets the Number two seed, and they face off with the Pats. Brady vs Manning, again. That would do away with at least one super team in the AFC.

But that's in the future. Let's just see how this week plays out!

Go Texans!
Why not root for them to be the #4 seed? That way if Houston gets the #1 seed they will play Baltimore in the divisional round while Denver & New England go at it...
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #20
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Why not root for them to be the #4 seed? That way if Houston gets the #1 seed they will play Baltimore in the divisional round while Denver & New England go at it...
I guess I'm just weary of playing Brady again. Home or away.

You know what would be really cool? If Denver actually got the #2 seed. That way we get Baltimore in the divisional round, and hopefully get Denver in the Championship game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read