Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-08-2012   #41
sbalderrama
Rookie

Rep Power: 96 sbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Letterman Jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
This is high schoolish and these guys are in the NFL ? Many of them must feel uncomfortable with this stunt ?
Obviously you didn't actually read the article.

“I used to say before the season it feels like we’re on a college team,” Texans outside linebacker Connor Barwin said. “Everybody gets along, we have so much fun. And this jacket, you feel like you’re on a high school team where it’s all about winning, it’s all about being around a group of guys. This jacket is just another symbol of that.
sbalderrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #42
RCPM
DILLIGAF

Rep Power: 0 RCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respectedRCPM is a quality contributor and well respected

Letterman jackets are earned, not bought.

And I totally dig these jackets!
RCPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #43
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Fun! With! Photoshop! /I am now dangerous because I can do bad stuff that takes about 5 minutes.

Old 12-08-2012   #44
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
If they think it works then good for them. It's pretty cheesy, IMO, but that doesn't mean it's a terrible idea. I think it's more of a camaraderie thing for the team than anything else. As a fan, I wouldn't be caught dead in a "letterman" jacket for a pro team. That's reserved for high school for me, but if it helps the Texans players to wear them by all means go for it.
My thoughts exactly...kind of cheesy, but if they like it, I love it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #45
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

A letterman, in U.S. sports, performing arts or academics, is a high school or college student who has met a specified level of participation or performance on a varsity athletic team, marching band, or in other performance school-sponsored activities. The Varsity Letter represents the activities you did with varsity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterman_%28sports%29
What's next for my heroes, Mouseketeer Ears Hats ? Please don't do this to my
heroes, after all they are grown men. Please don't !
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #46
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I seriously doubt they're going to take this that far.
They are the ones who said it....I could see this turning into a Texans traditiion. We do have all classy guys on the team, noones heads seem to be to big to do something like this. And if we start winning like the 2000 patriots i'm sure it wouldnt be hard to keep the tradition going with new incoming players.
Old 12-08-2012   #47
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

If these things are going to be sold, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #48
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

GOOOOOO GAWD ABOVE, give me a fan, turn down the AC, pour some ice on my head, SOMEThING!! SEXY, is all I gotta say!

I thought they looked SEXY in suits, but, DAMN, wish I could turn back time, take about 40+ years off my age, and not get caught stalking!!

Not ONCE did I think that those jackets were to immature or high school/college-ish. All I could think was GIMME ONE!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #49
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A letterman, in U.S. sports, performing arts or academics, is a high school or college student who has met a specified level of participation or performance on a varsity athletic team, marching band, or in other performance school-sponsored activities. The Varsity Letter represents the activities you did with varsity
Dang man, live a little, enjoy life.

I think it's cool. If they bring the team closer together, who gives a crap what they do?

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #50
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 70160 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Dang man, live a little, enjoy life.

I think it's cool. If they bring the team closer together, who gives a crap what they do?
Right. I don't give a damn what they tweet, eat, drive, wear or any of that stuff. Win football games.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #51
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i'd buy one.
Old 12-08-2012   #52
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I seriously doubt they're going to take this that far.
They already did
Quote:
Barwin said he hopes for the entire team to wear the jackets when they travel to New England on Sunday morning.

“We have a dress code,” Barwin said. “The idea is to wear them on the trip to New England -- everybody’s going to wear them on the plane, on the trip to New England, on the bus. (I’m) pushing for khaki pants, white shirt, blue tie, jacket, so it looks like we’re about to get on a yellow bus with shoulder pads in our hands.”

The jackets are predominantly Deep Steel Blue with the Texans’ logo over the left breast. On the right sleeve just above the elbow is each player’s number stacked on top of his position group – LB, DL, DB, WR, etc. – in white lettering with red outline. Barwin said the jackets will soon have patches on the left arm to commemorate the Texans’ 2011 AFC South title for players who were on the team last season. Captains also will get patches on the left sleeve.
The Texans will add more patches for any future division titles and conference and Super Bowl championships. The idea is to "kind of build a tradition the longer you’re here, the more patches you get on your jacket,” Barwin said.
Quote:
Who gives a ****? If the team wanted to do it cool, they wanted to be diff and do something other teams dont. Are you throwing a ***** fit because you weren't good at anything to get one when you had the chance to? GTFOH with that ish..
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #53
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really? Those jackets are cool as hell. I'd love it if the NFL would make 'em and sell 'em.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #54
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I would have #00 / TB

That said, I go back to what I said earlier... The NFL errrrrr, the NFLSHOP.com is all over this... Major boon because you know brother, at the end of the day, it's all about the almighty $$$$$$$$
Not so much. Evidently the same folks that made our Traveling Texans shirts made these for the team. They've already stated " don't ask" about getting one for yourself. I'm OK with that despite the fact I think they're cool as hell.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-08-2012   #55
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude get over it. This is something they wanted to do, it bonds the team. This doesn't mean they are going to get mouse hats or happy meal toys. Get over it.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #56
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They are grown men with a sense of humor. Maybe you should try it?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #57
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This:

or this:

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #58
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 123249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
This:

or this:

i choose door #1
Old 12-08-2012   #59
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

im sure if you tried hard enough you could make these yourselves, its a navy letterman jacket...

http://buildyourjacket.com/jacketBuilder#

+

Old 12-08-2012   #60
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's kinda cheesy, but funny
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read