Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-07-2012   #21
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Take a QB in the 1st Round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...7/mike-glennon

I don't see that his stats justify a 2nd round pick. OL, WR, or OLB would probably be a better option in the second round.
Well you obviously have the internet, so go to Youtube and type in his name and lots of videos of highlights will show up. This guy did beat a strong Florida State team, so there might be something to him.
Old 12-07-2012   #22
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98826 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Point taken, but highlights are pick-and-choose... I'd prefer an entire game re-run. Does anyone know where to find entire games?

He also lost to an underwhelming Tennessee team, so... he could be worth looking at. But it's a big could, and I don't know if it'll translate into a 2nd round pick, necessarily.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I have thought about this, and if a good young guy with a lot of upside is there with good physical attributes, I'd take him.

I can't believe people are saying no to that if something like that were to happen...

So you guys would have passed on Arron Rodgers if he were there?

I remember watching that draft and thinking how Green Bay just stole one...

Have the guy sit for 2 years and if he's better than Schaub at that time then so be it...

But it's only worth it if the coaches think this hypothetical player can be a true franchise guy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #24
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Point taken, but highlights are pick-and-choose... I'd prefer an entire game re-run. Does anyone know where to find entire games?

He also lost to an underwhelming Tennessee team, so... he could be worth looking at. But it's a big could, and I don't know if it'll translate into a 2nd round pick, necessarily.
There are lots of games that have been cut down to only his plays here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.yE7fxKNIM0s

He doesn't look all that impressive to me. His arm strength looks average to me, and his accuracy is inconsistent. His WRs do drop quite a few passes though, so his stats are lower than they should be. He seems to be good at going through progressions, but tries to force the ball into coverage more than I like to see. His protection looks average at best, so he is throwing under pressure a lot, which may skew his true abilities. I can see him developing better in the future, but I'm not sold on him. Given the Texans situation, I wouldn't think he is a much better prospect than TJ Yates, so I would say no to him before the 4th round.
Old 12-07-2012   #25
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98826 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with most of that, especially the pressure bit. From the UNC game, it looks like the pass rush is in his face really quickly...
Edit: God, his receivers drop balls like crazy
Edit: not very mobile in the pocket, imho
Old 12-07-2012   #26
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
There are lots of games that have been cut down to only his plays here:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....1.yE7fxKNIM0s

He doesn't look all that impressive to me. His arm strength looks average to me, and his accuracy is inconsistent. His WRs do drop quite a few passes though, so his stats are lower than they should be. He seems to be good at going through progressions, but tries to force the ball into coverage more than I like to see. His protection looks average at best, so he is throwing under pressure a lot, which may skew his true abilities. I can see him developing better in the future, but I'm not sold on him. Given the Texans situation, I wouldn't think he is a much better prospect than TJ Yates, so I would say no to him before the 4th round.
I just watched a few plays and I stopped watching him...I agree with your post except I think Yates has a stronger arm and gets more zip on his passes...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #27
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92342 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to see us take a flyer on either of these guys.

Zach Dysart 6-3, 230 4.85 Miami-Ohio
Collin Klein 6-5, 225 4.75 Kansas State

I think both of them would fit this offense well. I'm just not sold on Yates.
Old 12-08-2012   #28
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Collin Klein might go undrafted, and if so I wouldn't be opposed to signing him as UDFA. As far as a draft pick goes... idk. Going from spread to our offense would be a transition that I'm not sure he can make successfully.
Old 12-08-2012   #29
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Collin Klein might go undrafted, and if so I wouldn't be opposed to signing him as UDFA. As far as a draft pick goes... idk. Going from spread to our offense would be a transition that I'm not sure he can make successfully.
I really doubt that (undrafted). He is an elite athlete with size. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Texans used one of their compensatory picks on him. He is a roster spot buster. Back-up/developmental QB, slot WR/TE. High ceiling low risk, value is much higher than you think in the NFL.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #30
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58770 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

A couple unheralded prospects I like at the position-

Ryan Nassib, Syracuse (2nd Round)
Sean Renfree, Duke (5th Round)
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #31
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77712 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

If Barkley is there, I think Kubes will do it.

No way he falls that far though.

I could see them taking a shot at Sanchez if he gets cut and isn't asking for much money.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
He is a roster spot buster. Back-up/developmental QB, slot WR/TE. High ceiling low risk, value is much higher than you think in the NFL.
Don't know about a roster buster. We've got two of them on the roster now. Being that is the case & they both serve their purpose, back up if anything, I don't think we need to snatch any developmental QBs unless there is one there that makes Kubiak week in the knees.

In the meantime, I think we should focus on acquiring draft picks so that when that guy shows up (& it doesn't have to be a QB, any "special" player that will be gone before our late round draft pick) we'll have the capital required to move up & get him without sacrificing our future.
Old 12-08-2012   #33
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I just watched a few plays and I stopped watching him...I agree with your post except I think Yates has a stronger arm and gets more zip on his passes...
Oh I didn't mean to compare him to Yates as far as attributes go, just their potential to be the Texans next franchise QB.
Old 12-08-2012   #34
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44115 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm very intrigued with Klein & what Kubiak can do with him in his system.

I also see a case where he can be another James Casey type of dual functional roles, except kick outside. Imagine the playbook expanding, very exciting stuff.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #35
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
A couple unheralded prospects I like at the position-

Ryan Nassib, Syracuse (2nd Round)
Sean Renfree, Duke (5th Round)
Would not at all be opposed to picking Ryan Nassib.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read