Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2012   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Letterman Jackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
This is high schoolish and these guys are in the NFL ? Many of them must feel uncomfortable with this stunt ?
I knew "that guy" would eventually show up.....

Thanks for being the sacrificial lamb!!! Please be proud of yourself for such an asinine comment!!

Thanks for playing.
Old 12-07-2012   #22
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is high schoolish and these guys are in the NFL ? Many of them must feel uncomfortable with this stunt ?
Nah, they had to get the whole team to say yes to this, so they could pay for them.

They all like them, and the fact that they get to wear them on the plane to NE.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, like JJ Watt? Like Anotnio Smith? Like many others? What a dumbass comment to make!

I'm pretty sure you are in the minority!!!
Old 12-07-2012   #24
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No more than Tammy Faye in the witness stand.
Old 12-07-2012   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
And????
And that's cool. When men were men.
Old 12-07-2012   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
And that's cool. When men were men.
Right on!!!
Old 12-07-2012   #27
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i want one!
Oddly enough I don't want one. I read the story on houstontexans.com and they seemed to genuinely want these to be something special for the team. I think I'd feel a little odd wearing one. Like I was crossing some kind of line that I get the feeling deserves to be respected.

Plus what do you put on the sleeve? Some number you pull out of your fourth point of contact with "FAN" underneath it? I love the team, enjoy supporting them but I'm not on the team. A jersey is one thing but this is theirs. I think it should stay that way.
Old 12-07-2012   #28
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Oddly enough I don't want one. I read the story on houstontexans.com and they seemed to genuinely want these to be something special for the team. I think I'd feel a little odd wearing one. Like I was crossing some kind of line that I get the feeling deserves to be respected.

Plus what do you put on the sleeve? Some number you pull out of your fourth point of contact with "FAN" underneath it? I love the team, enjoy supporting them but I'm not on the team. A jersey is one thing but this is theirs. I think it should stay that way.
I agree with this.... But damn that's a cool ass jacket.
Old 12-07-2012   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

I would have #00 / TB

That said, I go back to what I said earlier... The NFL errrrrr, the NFLSHOP.com is all over this... Major boon because you know brother, at the end of the day, it's all about the almighty $$$$$$$$
Old 12-07-2012   #30
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 102779 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Plus what do you put on the sleeve? Some number you pull out of your fourth point of contact with "FAN" underneath it?
i can certainly appreciate them wanting to keep it within the team, since it's something new and original to the team ... it would be pretty cool if it remained a texans' players exclusive both as the only team and only custom for players themselves. that doesnt change the fact that i think it's awesome and i'd wear one if i could lol.

as for what to put on it, anything. favorite player's number, a 10 year patch, 11 div champ, hopefully a lombardi award etc etc.
Old 12-07-2012   #31
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to get one with a Grid-Iron Patch.

GI
Old 12-07-2012   #32
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I could see a similar but not the same fan version of that and it wouldn't cross the line in my eyes. If I went after trying to make one I'd follow the general idea but steer clear of an exact copy of what they did. I mean, there's Battle Red and Liberty White still available as a dominant color.
Old 12-07-2012   #33
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree with this. I think this should just be a team thing, patches for accomplishments and stuff, but not a fan base thing.
Old 12-07-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I agree with this. I think this should just be a team thing, patches for accomplishments and stuff, but not a fan base thing.
I seriously doubt they're going to take this that far.
Old 12-07-2012   #35
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is also a fashion thing in my eyes, many players on the team are very fashionable individuals. Letterman style jackets are "in fashion" right now.

I mean looking at them posing, think its awesome though for both reasons.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #36
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks Texan worthy to me. I like it!

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #37
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it. Builds camaraderie among the players. Even if they don't stay texans or new guys come in, they will always have those memories from when they were here no matter how short or brief.

As much as this game is about the business, it's nice to see some guys who are enjoying the experience.

I like letterman style jackets and If it actually got colder in Houston I would get one without the patches.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #38
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17946 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I would not feel odd wearing it all - I would rock the heck out of one of those. We're talking about a letterman jacket here, not their boxers
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #39
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

I would gladly pay for one of these jackets. Want!
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #40
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

If they think it works then good for them. It's pretty cheesy, IMO, but that doesn't mean it's a terrible idea. I think it's more of a camaraderie thing for the team than anything else. As a fan, I wouldn't be caught dead in a "letterman" jacket for a pro team. That's reserved for high school for me, but if it helps the Texans players to wear them by all means go for it.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read