Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2012   #161
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 11446 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MNF Pats VS Texans. Lets Predict ;)

I think I actually don't mind if we lose this game.
I'm not sure why but I like our chances of beating them after a loss than a win if we're meet them again in the playoffs. It's harder to beat a good team twice in the same season.
So yeah. Go Pats this Monday Night!
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #162
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Everyone is sleeping on the fact that special teams is starting to come around. Could be the difference in the game.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #163
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Everyone is sleeping on the fact that special teams is starting to come around. Could be the difference in the game.
You're right!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #164
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Whoops...... sorry. I almost screwed that up.

Old 12-07-2012   #165
Pats
Rookie

Rep Power: 694 Pats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to win the rematch in Houston.
Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #166
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 6605 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: MNF Pats VS Texans. Lets Predict ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
I wanna make an analogy right quick for those Dark Knight fans. I see us as Bane, (Patriots as the CIA guy) and when the CIA guy on the plane asks about taking off the mask, Bane responds "It will be very painful, for you".
My analogy is the NFL's longest game. The two overtime games had me thinking about it... the Dolphins were the team on the way up & the Chiefs had already peaked Texans will win
Old 12-07-2012   #167
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats View Post
I want to win the rematch in Houston.
Whoa, you can't be conceding this game yet, can ya' ?
Old 12-07-2012   #168
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Hmm, I didn't realize that the Pats run the ball that much.

They're second in rushing attempts, trailing just us, by a mere single attempt per game.

And interestingly, it's hard to tell which team runs more in the first half!

Last edited by 76Texan; 12-07-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-07-2012   #169
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Pats suck.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #170
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
If the Texans come out with the focus they had against Baltimore, I think
you'll be right. When the Texans play like that, no team in the league
can stop them. The last time this team played the Patriots, the Texans
gave their best shot, and Belichick was rotating starters in and out of
the lineup all game long. He wanted to win the game, but he wanted
to rest his starters at the same time.

We are GUARANTEED to get the Patriots' best shot this time, and I can't
wait to see how this game plays out.
I've seen stuff from the naysayers about that game. How Brady didn't play the entire game and Welker went out early with the knee injury. I can't dispute the injury, but Brady only sat out for 2 series. I just went through the play by play and he missed one series at the end of each half for a total of 6 minutes. It's not like it was a preseason game where he just played 3 series. Belichick might have been rotating other players, but it's Brady's team. He's the key. Everyone else can be subbed without missing much of a beat.

We beat them. They might not want to admit it, but they wanted to beat us because they didn't want us in the playoffs. We scared them. We still do.

Boo.

We're coming for you, Brady. We're at your doorstep Belichick. We're in your house Kraft. You won 3 Super Bowls and were clearly the team of the decade. The 2000s. It's 2012. This is the decade of the Bull.
Old 12-08-2012   #171
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
They might not want to admit it, but they wanted to beat us
Bottom line - how often do you see a starting QB, much less a star quality QB, pulled from a game (no injury) and then put back in? The answer is essentially never.
Old 12-08-2012   #172
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Bottom line - how often do you see a starting QB, much less a star quality QB, pulled from a game (no injury) and then put back in? The answer is essentially never.
It doesn't happen, but it's not like he sat most of the game. If the Pats didn't want to win they would have kept him on the sideline the entire 2nd half. They wanted that game.
Old 12-08-2012   #173
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
It doesn't happen, but it's not like he sat most of the game. If the Pats didn't want to win they would have kept him on the sideline the entire 2nd half. They wanted that game.
I was agreeing with you. Sticking Brady back in was proof they wanted to win. They only finally pulled him out after he got pummeled when releasing the ball and we got a pick.
Old 12-08-2012   #174
Pats
Rookie

Rep Power: 694 Pats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Whoa, you can't be conceding this game yet, can ya' ?
This game wont mean anything if you dont win in January.
Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012   #175
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats View Post
This game wont mean anything if you dont win in January.
Very true.

Still, home field advantage is big as history has demonstrated.
(Obviously there have been exceptions)
Old 12-08-2012   #176
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I woke up this morning with this gut feeling, it was crazy i couldnt explain it. And then i realized it was gas ......

Seriously i have had this game circled since pre season. We WILL beat New england on Monday BUT i dont think we will see them in the play-offs. I think it will be the Broncos. You know how epic that would be to face manning in the play-offs in houston ??? Talk about headlines.
Old 12-08-2012   #177
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I woke up this morning with this gut feeling, it was crazy i couldnt explain it. And then i realized it was gas ......

Seriously i have had this game circled since pre season. We WILL beat New england on Monday BUT i dont think we will see them in the play-offs. I think it will be the Broncos. You know how epic that would be to face manning in the play-offs in houston ??? Talk about headlines.
You could be right.

We win and get the no. 1 Seed.
The Broncos have a good chance at the no. 2 seed.

We'll beat both Mannings in the same year.
I like that very much, thank you!
Old 12-08-2012   #178
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We beat them. They might not want to admit it, but they wanted to beat us because they didn't want us in the playoffs. We scared them. We still do.
We got what we needed & that's all that really matters. Whether we got their best game..... I don't know. Back then, other teams (& I'm sure the Patriots) would pencil in a W before the season started. Being the final game, they may have thought they could win without full effort.... it was the Texans.

Right now, I'm thinking the same thing about going to Indy week 17. We should be able to Let Schaub, AJ, & Arian rest after a series or two & still beat the Colts in a close game with our back-ups.

Even if Bill didn't say it, those guys have been through it enough to know it. Brady probably told Gezelle (??), "Don't worry, I probably won't have time to warm up." Then when Welker got hurt, he probably knew it was just a matter of time.

This time, it's not only about seeding, we're the best team in the NFL (if you go by record) they're going to bring their best, to see what's what.

But that last game in 2009 don't mean nothing. That was a long time ago. Just like them Championships
Old 12-08-2012   #179
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
We win and get the no. 1 Seed.
The Broncos have a good chance at the no. 2 seed.
Didn't think about it, but you're right. The Patriots lose Monday & they're behind Denver & Baltimore for the second bye spot.
Old 12-08-2012   #180
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Didn't think about it, but you're right. The Patriots lose Monday & they're behind Denver & Baltimore for the second bye spot.
Give credit to EU.

It was in the back of my mind, but I've been watching too much game tapes lately while taking a sabastical leave (yet again).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read