Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2012   #141
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MNF Pats VS Texans. Lets Predict ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Just watched my DVR'd copy of Inside the NFL. All of 'em predicted the Patsies to win mainly because Brady will have a field day with our depleted secondary.

But whatever. The game is on in a few days anyway. We'll see then who's who and what's Watt.
The depleted secondary that's missing all of Brice McCain. When did goobers on the internet become more knowledgeable about their team than analysts on tv?
Old 12-06-2012   #142
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Just saw a segment on NFL.com whee yet said that Roddy White has the same abilities as Andre, da fuq is this guy smoking?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #143
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we pull out this game... well, at least the "pretender" tag goes away. But if we do I will be even more supremely confident in the endurance and heart and talent of this team than before.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #144
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

In my honest opinion, after watching a few Pats games on Rewind, I consider it about a 50/50.

The deciding factor will be coaching and penalties. I think we have a slight edge on coaching, (as long as we have Wade)
Old 12-07-2012   #145
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
In my honest opinion, after watching a few Pats games on Rewind, I consider it about a 50/50.

The deciding factor will be coaching and penalties. I think we have a slight edge on coaching, (as long as we have Wade)
Completely agree. A slightly different spin, regardless what the score is, if it's close the team with the ball last will win. If either team can get out to a big lead (13+) they improve their chances of winning. The other team will make a late game run & bring the score closer together.

Neither team is playing particularly well right now, but they are both finding ways to win. We're going to find out who wants it more.
Old 12-07-2012   #146
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I woke up this morning with this gut feeling that we're gonna blow them away, which is totally different from the way I've felt all week! That's what football does to ya sometimes, total confusion! BUT, I choose to go with my feeling this morning cause it is so STRONG!! Don't know what the score will be, but, we'll beat them by more than 21 points! Game won't be close and I can leave my maalox in the cabinet!

Now, since this is a complete HOMER post, I'm stickin to it, and will continue to BELIEVE our boys can pull it off! NOTHING would make me happier than to see Brady and the Pats go DOWN on MNF!!! YEAAAAAA!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #147
Texans Spirit
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Texans Spirit is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Spirit is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Spirit is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Spirit is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Spirit is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Spirit is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Spirit is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Spirit is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Spirit is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Spirit is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Spirit is a quality contributor and well respected

we will take it by 7.

TEXANS SPIRIT
Texans Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #148
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I woke up this morning with this gut feeling that we're gonna blow them away, which is totally different from the way I've felt all week! That's what football does to ya sometimes, total confusion! BUT, I choose to go with my feeling this morning cause it is so STRONG!! Don't know what the score will be, but, we'll beat them by more than 21 points! Game won't be close and I can leave my maalox in the cabinet!

Now, since this is a complete HOMER post, I'm stickin to it, and will continue to BELIEVE our boys can pull it off! NOTHING would make me happier than to see Brady and the Pats go DOWN on MNF!!! YEAAAAAA!
If the Texans come out with the focus they had against Baltimore, I think
you'll be right. When the Texans play like that, no team in the league
can stop them. The last time this team played the Patriots, the Texans
gave their best shot, and Belichick was rotating starters in and out of
the lineup all game long. He wanted to win the game, but he wanted
to rest his starters at the same time.

We are GUARANTEED to get the Patriots' best shot this time, and I can't
wait to see how this game plays out.
Old 12-07-2012   #149
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 26700 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

24-38 patriots.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #150
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60755 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TASTES GOOD MAN!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #151
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Everyone please take not, this is how its done
Old 12-07-2012   #152
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
The T-99 has been reprogrammed with a new primary target.

Quote:

Wow; I never thought I would hear something like that from you.

I sure hope your gut feeling is right.

I need to go open a big hole in the roof now.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #153
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Wow; I never thought I would hear something like that from you.

I sure hope your gut feeling is right.

I need to go open a big hole in the roof now.
Hey John, it's my day to feel the LOVE, esp for my "boys!" Not gonna worry, we got this one!!!

Signed:

SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #154
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

When I think of Brady, a particular song comes to my mind.

"We Will, We Will........Sack You!"
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #155
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub better be practicing with a wet ball, if not I predict, INT city like the Bears game
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #156
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Wow, I also had a change of feeling today as well.

I think we take this game, and THIS is when the whole NFL nation finally humbles themselves enough to say "Yeah, the Texans are legitimate. They're the league's best team."

Can't say why I change amy feelings on it, but I, too, have had a sudden burst of confidence. I think the two OT games followed by a fairly good dismantling of the Titans...it's going to culminate in the Texans giving a really big effort.

I think the Patriots are over-confident this time around, I think they know they've got a lot to handle on both sides of the ball. I think they rely on their December and home-field and MNF records too much. What we need is to get into the trenches on both sides of the ball and WIN those.

Gotta' run the ball. I'd use all three RBs too. I'd put Forsett in on the first two plays of our first possession because they won't know if we're running or passing, it opens up chances at catching them a little unorganized. Then I'd hit them with doses of Foster and Tate, mix in Forsett to spell either of those guys.

Then I'd settle in with some OD, Walter, AJ passes. Mix Casey in there, Graham. I'd throw the freaking kitchen sink at them and beat them at their own game.
Old 12-07-2012   #157
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
When I think of Brady, a particular song comes to my mind.

"We Will, We Will........Sack You!"
Brady's reaction:
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #158
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
ESPN trying to sell this as "the biggest game in Texans history", pffft.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...7-41ea4cdb8586

Quote:
“It’s big,” said wide receiver Andre Johnson, the Texans’ longest-tenured player. “We know how big it is. Biggest game in the history of this franchise. It’ll be a big test for us, and we’ll be ready to go.”
I think the Texans truck the Pats like they did Baltimore.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #159
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanna make an analogy right quick for those Dark Knight fans. I see us as Bane, (Patriots as the CIA guy) and when the CIA guy on the plane asks about taking off the mask, Bane responds "It will be very painful, for you".
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012   #160
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58271 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub has a weak arm, our offensive line is average, Foster hasn't looked dominant all year, Cody is too small, Ball is a scrub from the cowpies, Routt is not very good and I saw a video preview that said that their running game is just as good as ours and their defense is as good as ours because they have a LB on their practice squad is better than any of our kickers.

41-0
Pats

In case you're an idiot:

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read