Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-05-2012   #141
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Definitely, but it's an annual award and they aren't going to skip a year due to lesser talent.

Well, no truly defense-only player has ever won it, and Teo could be the first to do that. He also could be the first Mormon to win it.

No Heisman winner has ever passed for 3000 yards and rushed for 1000 in their award winning season. No freshman has ever won it.

Tebow was the first Sophomore to win it, Newton was the first Juco transfer to win it, etc etc. I'm sure we could find specific firsts with any Heisman winner, so I don't think the voters will be too hung up on that. Either way, one of these two players will be the first at something.

That would be Ty Detmer...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #142
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
That would be Ty Detmer...
I thought he converted after he won it.
Old 12-05-2012   #143
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I thought he converted after he won it.
You are correct sir! I didn't know he had converted while there...assumed he was Mormon going in.

So Ty Detmer is the 1st Heisman winner to convert to Mormonism. Sweet!
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #144
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
You are correct sir! I didn't know he had converted while there...assumed he was Mormon going in.

So Ty Detmer is the 1st Heisman winner to convert to Mormonism. Sweet!
Cool, just repeating what I heard on TV the other day. They were talking about firsts and how it's unavoidable this year. Although, it seems with things like this or voting for President, there is always a new barrier that's broken.
Old 12-06-2012   #145
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got family that married into the Detmers extended family, unless he has converted lately Ty isn't a mormon. Is Manziel a mormon?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #146
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I've got family that married into the Detmers extended family, unless he has converted lately Ty isn't a mormon. Is Manziel a mormon?
No, Manti Teo is a mormon.

Ty Detmer's wiki page says he converted to mormonism while in school, but doesn't give a date. I guess you would have to ask him or use some Google-fu to figure it out.
Old 12-06-2012   #147
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 39113 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel won the Davey O'Brien award for the best QB in the nation.

Later tonight, we'll find out about the Maxwell award.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #148
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Manziel won the Davey O'Brien award for the best QB in the nation.

Later tonight, we'll find out about the Maxwell award.
If not for finals, partying excuse found.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013   #149
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 05-17-2013   #150
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I'm not sure how long he'll be in the spotlight but I am sure he's going to make the most of it .
Old 05-20-2013   #151
TwoFive
Rookie

He's the same size Vick was at the same age... dont see whats the big deal on his size
TwoFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013   #152
Stemp
Brew Master

Rep Power: 39113 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=9076787
Old 05-21-2013   #153
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

GHF, your image isn't showing up for me.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013   #154
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

He had a little moment of frustration,It seems
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...154306191.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013   #155
Stemp
Brew Master

Story is someone in CS keeps calling to get his car towed doesn't know who. This last time came back from a fishing trip to find it had been towed again.
Old 06-16-2013   #156
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Manziel is so Hollywood. But I'm rooting for him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #157
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83899 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Story is someone in CS keeps calling to get his car towed doesn't know who. This last time came back from a fishing trip to find it had been towed again.
Alright, I'd be pretty mad if this was happening to me too.
That being said, I love my university, but College Station blows. Hard. I go to Austin or come back to Houston if I want a break.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013   #158
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87098 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Manziel is so Hollywood. But I'm rooting for him.
Yes and yes. The guy is electric. They should just rename Twitter to Whiner.
Old 06-17-2013   #159
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Alright, I'd be pretty mad if this was happening to me too.
I'd be pissed. But I can promise without reservation that I wouldn't tweet what he tweeted. I guess it started with Facebook, but people today feel the need to inform as many hundreds or thousands of people as they can that they are currently frustrated, happy, hungry, horny, bored, or any variety of other transient emotion that crosses their mind.
Old 06-17-2013   #160
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Its no secret that CS is a ****hole and there is a reason why most people leave once they graduate. JM just let his emotions get the best of him, and maybe some alcohol was involved.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read