Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2012   #1
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default For years friends of mine used to tell me....

If the texans win the superbowl it will be the end of the world. You know the funny sarcastic expression that everyone says while trying to talk bad about things. Its just sort of funny we are 11-1 and in 11 days it will be Dec 21, 2012.

Them Mother****ers better not of been right . We picked a hell of a year to finally get good huh.

Disclaimer - I do not think the world will end Dec 21 2012, nor should you. Just thought it was kind of Ironic (yes thats right fiddler, Ironic) they always said this to me and we are 11-1 on the year the Mayans predicted then end.
Old 12-06-2012   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: For years friends of mine used to tell me....

Those silly Mayans. They're just pissed we stole the potato from them. Or was that the Aztecs? In any case, they all left in their UFOs once the white man invaded. I know this to be true because they said so on TV.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #3
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Those silly Mayans. They're just pissed we stole the potato from them. Or was that the Aztecs? In any case, they all left in their UFOs once the white man invaded. I know this to be true because they said so on TV.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
psssh.. TV is so 20th Century.

Now had you said internet, I'd believe you.
Old 12-06-2012   #5
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Really dont get all the drama about this mayan calender thing. I think the guy making it went above and beyond to go this far into the future. He had to stop somewhere right? And as long as there are no archaeological discoveries of bulls resembling toro in their temples, I dont see a connection with the texans.

Silly people and all this apocalypse crap. It has nothing to do with mayans. Its a solar flare thats gonna do it.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #6
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Really dont get all the drama about this mayan calender thing. I think the guy making it went above and beyond to go this far into the future. He had to stop somewhere right? And as long as there are no archaeological discoveries of bulls resembling toro in their temples, I dont see a connection with the texans.

Silly people and all this apocalypse crap. It has nothing to do with mayans. Its a solar flare thats gonna do it.
Rumor has it he ran out of stone, none the less the bastard should of got a new stone as to not freak out all the freaky gulible people.
Old 12-06-2012   #7
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Rumor has it he ran out of stone, none the less the bastard should of got a new stone as to not freak out all the freaky gulible people.
Maybe it WAS the end of the world....for him, that's why he didn't go any further.
Old 12-06-2012   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Maybe it WAS the end of the world....for him, that's why he didn't go any further.
Maybe he got bored.
Old 12-06-2012   #9
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
I dunno. How profitable could it have been back then to make calendars? They didnt have a "Mrs. February" in a swimsuit or anything. He probably sold all the calendars he could, quit, and started planting corn.
Old 12-06-2012   #10
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Well technically The Mayan Dec 21st already passed since they didnt have leap years when the calendar was made. The "Leap Year" came way after, unless the dude that made it knew and calculated it in with out telling anyone that he knew some one was going to invent the leap year.
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #11
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Well technically The Mayan Dec 21st already passed since they didnt have leap years when the calendar was made. The "Leap Year" came way after, unless the dude that made it knew and calculated it in with out telling anyone that he knew some one was going to invent the leap year.
You would think that if the Mayans were that good at predicting things, they would have seen the Spanish coming to destroy their entire civilization.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not according to this.

Quote:
An ancient Maya text has emerged from the jungles of Guatemala confirming the so-called "end date" of the Maya calendar, Dec. 21, 2012.

Considered one of the most significant hieroglyphic finds in decades, the 1,300-year-old inscription contains only the second known reference to the "end date," but does not predict doomsday.

"The text talks about ancient political history rather than prophecy," Marcello A. Canuto, director of Tulane University's Middle American Research Institute, said
http://news.discovery.com/history/ma...te-120629.html

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #13
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
You would think that if the Mayans were that good at predicting things, they would have seen the Spanish coming to destroy their entire civilization.
Spanish? Dont they teach anything in school these days? It was al queda.
Old 12-06-2012   #14
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
AND this is the reason i have never believed that crap.....
Old 12-06-2012   #15
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7521 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"What this text shows us is that in times of crisis, the ancient Maya used their calendar to promote continuity and stability rather than predict apocalypse," Canuto said.
So it's not the end? But peace?
Old 12-06-2012   #16
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
So it's not the end? But peace?
Acording to King James, peace is the end
Old 12-06-2012   #17
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

The end of what?
Old 12-06-2012   #18
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
The end of what?
The beginning of the end. Revelations....anyone.
Old 12-06-2012   #19
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Only thing we can do is wait I guess
Old 12-06-2012   #20
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Only thing we can do is wait I guess
haha i am not waiting.

Although sometimes i am talking to someone i look away and they are gone like they disappeared and i'm like damn they must not of been sinners

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read