Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2012   #121
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MNF Pats VS Texans. Lets Predict ;)

Anyone have a good site with a updated injury report for this game? HT.com only has last weeks updates. Mainly looking to see if JJoe is gonna be in.
Old 12-06-2012   #122
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

JJo, James, Newton and Caldwell all returned to practice on a limited basis.

Quote:
Cornerback Alan Ball, who sat out last week with a sore foot, and outside linebacker Brooks Reed, who is out several weeks with a groin injury, did not practice. Everybody else did, including on-the-mend cornerback Johnathan Joseph (hamstring/groin), inside linebacker Bradie James (hamstring), right tackle Derek Newton (knee) and guard Antoine Caldwell (hamstring).

Texans coach Gary Kubiak said Joseph, James, Newton and Caldwell all will likely be game-time decisions on Monday night when the Texans face the New England Patriots in Foxboro. Starters Joseph, James and Newton all took between one-third to one-half of the reps in Thursday’s practice.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...1-248cbc0b22fc
Old 12-06-2012   #123
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

we finally get healthy again and faster then i thought the only one that might take more time is Reed

hopefullly Dobbins ball and cladwell is good 2 go ...i just have that hunch james might take longer

Hasent James and Cladwell already lost there starting job already tho ...????? to sharpton and Jones ...???

I hope newton is getting better has welll

things are going great knocks on wood we are getting healthy again i just wish cushing was still here.......
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #124
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i just wish cushing was still here.......
Me too Norg.
Old 12-06-2012   #125
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
JJo, James, Newton and Caldwell all returned to practice on a limited basis.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...1-248cbc0b22fc
Thanks for the report.
Wish 'em guys can be healthy for this big game, but hell, the Pats are also banged up.

No excuse, just go guys!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #126
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor View Post
Me too Norg.
Norg is always good at making me laugh just for being who he is.
Old 12-06-2012   #127
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

The T-99 has been reprogrammed with a new primary target.

TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #128
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
The T-99 has been reprogrammed with a new primary target.

There you go!

I'm freaking pumped.
Old 12-06-2012   #129
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Funny thing is we knew you would predict this before you posted it. I have not seen u predict a texans win yet. You have a great pick record, maybe you should join the hoots at BSPN.
You are right. I have not had much success with my picks this year. Somehow I just don't have a lot of confidence in this team. But, I have definitely been wrong.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #130
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN trying to sell this as "the biggest game in Texans history", pffft.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #131
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 3454 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Wasnt that last week, and the week before that....?

LOL
Old 12-06-2012   #132
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I wouldn't be counting on Mercilus to disrupt Brady too much. He's not even beating his guy consistently much less wreaking havoc. The Pats have a good OL and don't give up a lot of sacks. I'm hoping for containing the edge and having a good push up the middle while maintaining gap assignments.
I don't think he'll dominate, but in 2 games he's been more disruptive than Barwin or Reed have been throughout the year. If we can get some pressure from the outside it could force Brady up in the pocket into Watt and Smith.
Old 12-06-2012   #133
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
Wasnt that last week, and the week before that....?

LOL
c'mon, it's not like we have a storied history. The next game will always be the biggest in team history until we win the Super Bowl.
Old 12-06-2012   #134
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Only the next playoff game is more important than the next regular season game. And as far as the "football public" goes, this probably is our biggest game. That football public has probably already forgotten about our playoff games last year.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #135
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Only the next playoff game is more important than the next regular season game. And as far as the "football public" goes, this probably is our biggest game. That football public has probably already forgotten about our playoff games last year.
I think the fact that this one sets us up for HF throughout makes it our most important. While it doesn't clinch HFT, it would be plenty difficult for us to lose it if we win this game. We'd pretty much have to tank the rest of the season.
Old 12-06-2012   #136
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

It pretty much clinches it, we'll have the tie breaker, but if we lose and somehow we get the same record, I don't wanna go play at the Pats home again
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #137
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
You are right. I have not had much success with my picks this year. Somehow I just don't have a lot of confidence in this team. But, I have definitely been wrong.
We are 11-1, have blown out teams, have one overtime games, have one close games.

#4 ranked offense
#6 ranked defense
TIED #2 in turnover Diff

Dude how can you not feel confident......
Old 12-06-2012   #138
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We are 11-1, have blown out teams, have one overtime games, have one close games.

#4 ranked offense
#6 ranked defense
TIED #2 in turnover Diff

Dude how can you not feel confident......
Just watched my DVR'd copy of Inside the NFL. All of 'em predicted the Patsies to win mainly because Brady will have a field day with our depleted secondary.

But whatever. The game is on in a few days anyway. We'll see then who's who and what's Watt.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #139
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60755 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just watched my DVR'd copy of Inside the NFL. All of 'em predicted the Patsies to win mainly because Brady will have a field day with our depleted secondary.

But whatever. The game is on in a few days anyway. We'll see then who's who and what's Watt.
You think NONE of our defensive players saw this? I GUARANTEE someone did and its known.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #140
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Thanks, I needed that. Actually, I'd have been fine if one or two guys picked the Texans. All of them picked against us..... he77 yeah, I like that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read