Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-06-2012   #141
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Routt to tryout for HOU **Update** Signed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I don't know how many times we do it now, but we never used to do it...

But I know that last year in both Baltimore match ups our guys were following specific receivers around.

And I believe in the ATL game JJO was on Roddy White the entire game.

I think it happens more than you think it happens.

In the Detroit game this year they were following certain receivers...

Some of that may be due to WR's lining up in the same position on every snap, but we've heard the team come out and specifically say certain guys were assigned to particular WR's....

That was my point.

I don't think you can say with any kind of certainty that they won't assign guys in this game.
In most game we do have a guy like JJo as the primary defender on Roddy, but once in a while, we would have a switch or we would be in zone, or we would play quarter.

There are a lot of different things that we might do during the course of the game.

I have described a few different ways we combat the classic 2-receiver route or one of its variation.

Another thing we might do is when both main receivers are on the same side; we could let one CB releasing his man to jump the underneath route.
The safety and the other CB play deep over the top.
The safety could be guarding the outside or inside portion of the field, depending on the situation.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #142
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
In most game we do have a guy like JJo as the primary defender on Roddy, but once in a while, we would have a switch or we would be in zone, or we would play quarter.

There are a lot of different things that we might do during the course of the game.

I have described a few different ways we combat the classic 2-receiver route or one of its variation.

Another thing we might do is when both main receivers are on the same side; we could let one CB releasing his man to jump the underneath route.
The safety and the other CB play deep over the top.
The safety could be guarding the outside or inside portion of the field, depending on the situation.

That doesn't have anything to do with what we were talking about....

I think everyone knows we don't come out and play pure man to man the whole entire game...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #143
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That doesn't have anything to do with what we were talking about....

I think everyone knows we don't come out and play pure man to man the whole entire game...
If you two are talking about primary assignment, then yes, we do assign specific defenders on specific receivers quite often.

Even though it can change like in the Detroit game.
Alan was on CJ for the most part in the first half (even though KJax were also on him a few times.)

That changed in the second half when we put KJax on Megatron.
Old 12-06-2012   #144
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Wasn't Wali the one that got busted for burning cabbage at a park? That was awesome
Thought that was Eric Wright. Does sound familiar that one of the RB we took in the 15th round, that Kubes said were great, and got cut, got in trouble at some oint.
Old 12-06-2012   #145
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman_tx View Post
Is that the game that ruined Dunta?
Old 12-06-2012   #146
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
expect to see Brady slice up our CBs better than Emeril on the Food Network.
Well see.

Decided to do some looking. The Patriots lost games to Arizona, Seattle, & Baltimore. Decided to look & see how those teams pass defense compare to the Texans.

Seattle(5) & Arizona(3) are top 5. Baltimore is ranked 23, we're 19

Seattle & Arizona have no offense. The much improved Baltimore offense is 19th in the league. We are 4th. Their passing offense is 15, ours is 10. Their rushing offense is 23rd ours is 6th.

Just found those interesting.
Old 12-06-2012   #147
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know how many times we do it now, but we never used to do it...

But I know that last year in both Baltimore match ups our guys were following specific receivers around.

And I believe in the ATL game JJO was on Roddy White the entire game.

I think it happens more than you think it happens.

In the Detroit game this year they were following certain receivers...

Some of that may be due to WR's lining up in the same position on every snap, but we've heard the team come out and specifically say certain guys were assigned to particular WR's....

That was my point.

I don't think you can say with any kind of certainty that they won't assign guys in this game.
I'm saying that we don't do it as much as some other teams may do it. And I'm not saying that we won't have guys assigned to certain receivers this game. That's a very real possibility. I'm just saying I don't think we will based on a couple of different factors. I could be wrong though. JJo playing or not playing is going to affect the entire game plan in my view.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012   #148
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

So.... what do you think about this guy?

We didn't see much of him. Got a penalty on special teams, took a few snaps at CB..

Do you think he'll be a player?

I think we're going to need him to be. If Harris doesn't grow up quick, we're going to need someone who can play.
Old 12-13-2012   #149
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
So.... what do you think about this guy?

We didn't see much of him. Got a penalty on special teams, took a few snaps at CB..

Do you think he'll be a player?

I think we're going to need him to be. If Harris doesn't grow up quick, we're going to need someone who can play.
If we have JJo healthy, I would have some kind of a rotation.
Routt is a more physical Allen, with even better speed.

I would put KJ in to shut down most slot receivers.
He can also alternate with Quin on a TE or the two of them can handle the two TEs in a 2-Te set.

We can combo these guys against the Pats when they have Woodhead, Welker, Hernandez, Gronskowski, and another Receiver (let's say Lloyd) in the game (if the Pats choose to go with that personnel).

Put KJax and Routt on Woodhead and Welker;
They are both more physical than these two guys, just knock the snot out of them.

JJo can be on Lloyd with Manning and Quin on the two TEs.

Demps can be the deep safety and we can have a LB to cover the short hole or to blitz from this dime formation.

Well, ya know, it's just one particular matchup that I think can be efficient against that particular formation from the Pats.

I don't think any of our LBs match up well with Woodhead or with their TEs.

By covering the short hole and the deep middle, all the other guys would get help in man coverage.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read