Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2012   #101
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MNF Pats VS Texans. Lets Predict ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Watt has shown himself to be containable
When? In the only 2 games he didn't record a sack this year?
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #102
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 65939 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
Yeah even though he gets double and triple teamed ever play pretty much, the guy only has 16.5 sacks. What a containable scrub.

Brady has also shown the ability to lose. These arent your 2004 Patriots. BUT to Bull****zzz every team is going to beat us, all our players are flawed, and all our wins are flukes.

Dont bother with this guy man
Old 12-05-2012   #103
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I have this feeling that Welker will be doing returns. If so, could be just as scarey are Edelman. But could be good, could wear him down sooner and decrease WR production.......and he may be more likely to get injured (hopefully nothing serious but enough to slow him down).
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #104
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been over visiting the Pat's MB and I gotta say those are some pretty good fans and nice people. For some reason, I wasn't expecting that from a Northeastern fan base. It's been fun talking football with them.
Old 12-05-2012   #105
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Watt has shown himself to be containable
LOL dolts fan. Hey name two things your boy Freeney has never done in a full NFL season? - 16.5 sacks and 4 PD's. Your bonus 3rd is play the run - JJ Watt is on pace to have more tackles for a loss than Freeney has had total tackles in all but his rookie season.
Old 12-05-2012   #106
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
, and Watt has shown himself to be containable.

There is only one way to contain JJ Watt:

Old 12-06-2012   #107
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98826 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

so the only person who can beat JJ Watt is a Sith Lord?

I refuse to believe it
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #108
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I have this feeling that Welker will be doing returns. If so, could be just as scarey are Edelman. But could be good, could wear him down sooner and decrease WR production.......and he may be more likely to get injured (hopefully nothing serious but enough to slow him down).
HopefullyWelker will have 7or 8 kickoffs to return on Monday night. He'll be too pooped to pop a big play as WR. I like where you head is with this one.
Old 12-06-2012   #109
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
There are a couple of you I really feel like negative repping and it seems you don't understand football...unless many of you are going for reverse jinx, this is extremely sad. Look at the Pats last six opponents. The Bills gave them problems in Foxborough. Yeah, we've had a rough spot that we're coming out of, but the Pats defense has been suspect to terrible all year. If the Texans get less than 20, it will be because the pats never got the ball and we ran extremely effectively on them. There is NO chance in hell their defense is holding this offense to less than 30. Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Additionally, watching their line against Miami today, we should be able to get a ton of pressure on Brady. As long as our DB's just man their post for 3-5 seconds, we should be able to get some good stops. Even when we've been sloppy, we've still pulled it together when it counts, with the exception of the Packers. There are whole other reasons behind that which I won't go into.

Get the sand out of your undergarments and fan the hell up!

Texans 37
Patsies 24
I'm with you on this one. Really shocked to see so many picking against the Texans in here especially when the Pats O-Line is in tatters, their WR's are so depleted they had to go out bring back a 31 yr old WR (Stallworth) You could see in the Miami game that Brady's passing options were limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
A lot of people are forgetting how banged up the NE offense is. Gronk will be out and so will Edelman. Brady can certainly put up a ton of points with junk at WR, but with our defense it's going to be pretty hard with all of the injuries that the Pats have had on their key players on offense. NE's D is still suspect to me as well. The Texans are a more complete team then the Patriots though.

The biggest difference factor here is how well Brady ends up playing with so many of his weapons banged up and out on injury. Brady has been the MVP this season for sure with how many points he has scored. The Texans Defense will have to play like the Dolphins defense did today and hold the Patriots to a low score.
100% agree with your post. Gronk being out is a HUGE break for the Texans and Hernandez is not 100% either.

The Texans run game and D will win this game if Kubiak follows tendencies, but what are the chance that he will try to air it out early then bring the run game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I picked us to lose this one before the season and I won't be surprised if that happens.

I would trade this loss if it means we play full on against Indy for both the Indy games.

I would much rather lose to the Patriots and beat the living snot out of the Colts twice in three weeks.

Patriots 37
Texans 23
If we have to lose, this is the comment I agree with most. IMO the Colts are a product of a very weak schedule and that they have lost when playing good teams, so I do not think they will be a problem for the Texans. If anything the Vikings could be the team that shocks the Texans.

Pats IMO have also had a really weak schedule as well so why everyone is so sure they will drop 40 or 50 on a good D is beyond me.

I will not predict a score, but will go so far as to say the Texans win.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #110
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe we're the better team, but they are plenty good enough to win 3 or 4 times in a 10-game series.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #111
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

This is a mental game. Gary knows that Bill is going to focus on taking away an important aspect of our offensive game and exploit a particular weakness in our defense, so Gary will focus our efforts on a separate but equally potent aspect of our offense & disguise our defensive pre-snap look on defense. However, Gary knows that Bill knows Gary knows so he'll expect Bill to take away that second most important aspect of our offense & attack the weaknesses caused by disguising our primary defensive weakness, so Gary will improve out tertiary offensive aspect & disguise our defenses disguise.

But of course Bill knows Gary knows that Bill knows so he'll game plan the tertiary offense & disguised defensive disguises.

But Gary knows that Bill knows that Gary knows Bill knows.......

Patriots 8 Texans 7 in the ugliest game you've ever seen.
Old 12-06-2012   #112
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
This is a mental game. Gary knows that Bill is going to focus on taking away an important aspect of our offensive game and exploit a particular weakness in our defense, so Gary will focus our efforts on a separate but equally potent aspect of our offense & disguise our defensive pre-snap look on defense. However, Gary knows that Bill knows Gary knows so he'll expect Bill to take away that second most important aspect of our offense & attack the weaknesses caused by disguising our primary defensive weakness, so Gary will improve out tertiary offensive aspect & disguise our defenses disguise.

But of course Bill knows Gary knows that Bill knows so he'll game plan the tertiary offense & disguised defensive disguises.

But Gary knows that Bill knows that Gary knows Bill knows.......

Patriots 8 Texans 7 in the ugliest game you've ever seen.
That was easy for you to say!!!
Old 12-06-2012   #113
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think he's Leroy Harris.
Old 12-06-2012   #114
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52781 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Win or lose I truly believe this is a preview of the AFC championship game. The question is - on whose turf will it be played on.

If the Texans win this game, the fat lady will be singing. It's basically a foregone conclusion at that point as they will own the tie-breaker over every single competitor and the Colts will have no real chance at winning the division.

Lose and it get interesting. The range of possibles is from anything to losing the division to the Colts and ending up as an 11-5 wildcard (very unlikely) to still having the #1 seed in the AFC. If they lose, they still control their own destiny, they just need to win out and/or hope the Pats stumble at least once.

Lose and my money is still on the Texans to own the #1 seed and host the Pats in that winner goes to the SB game...but it will certainly become very interesting down the stretch run. Win, and it's all but over.

In the AFC Championship game, I would likely favor the home team, so it's vital that they earn that #1 seed.

If I had to take a guess, I think the Texans finish 2-2 for an overall spectacular 13-3 record. We lose to the Pats and the last game to the Colts on the road....but still manage to secure home-field (barely) as the Pats finish 3-1 and finish 12-4.

As to this game, the weather looks to be a major factor. Brady has been very good in the rain. OTOH, if we look back to Chicago, Schaub wasn't very effective. Assuming this pattern holds, I strongly favor the Pats winning on their home turf -

Pats - 27
Texans - 17
Old 12-06-2012   #115
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 111736 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our running game and pass rush has to play at an elite level agianst NE.
If so then
Texans 27 - Pats 20

If we get in a shootout then I think we lose.
Is so then
Pats 31 - Texans 28
Old 12-06-2012   #116
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
LOL dolts fan. Hey name two things your boy Freeney has never done in a full NFL season? - 16.5 sacks and 4 PD's. Your bonus 3rd is play the run - JJ Watt is on pace to have more tackles for a loss than Freeney has had total tackles in all but his rookie season.
What if Bullblitz was doing this as a superstition?

Everytime he picks up to lose and rags on us, we win.

What if he is just taking one for the team?

Superstition......

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #117
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I think he's Leroy Harris.
He's not anything special. Besides the 16.5 sacks, 15 pass deflections, 27 tackles for losses and 2 forced fumbles, he's pretty much been locked down all year.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #118
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He's not anything special. Besides the 16.5 sacks, 15 pass deflections, 27 tackles for losses and 2 forced fumbles, he's pretty much been locked down all year.
What a wussy. What the hell is all this talk of Defensive MVP about? LOL, I still don't understand why Leroy says the things he did; it's a free country, I guess.
You can be as dilusional as you please!
Old 12-06-2012   #119
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 100796 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

I almost can't bear to put a score prediction out there.

I feel the exact same way I did prior to the Bears game. I worry about the team on the road in a harsh envoronment and want us to keep the game close and not lose anyone to injury.

If it rains, I think we're in the driver's seat with a better running game.

If not...

Texans - 20
Patriots - 31
Old 12-06-2012   #120
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
What if Bullblitz was doing this as a superstition?

Everytime he picks up to lose and rags on us, we win.

What if he is just taking one for the team?

Superstition......
Bullblitz is a Colts fan. I am 99% sure he is the same Colts fan who was banned once over at HT.com for being a fake Texans fan and just stirring people up - and he has returned over there under the name AFCSouth where he also constantly makes negative comments about the Texans and sports avatars of negative Texans plays.

I disrespect him because he won't be honest like fans of other teams such as Bullock or Yvette.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read