Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2012   #81
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MNF Pats VS Texans. Lets Predict ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I haven't really followed NE, but... what's their o-line like? Can we expect a good day for our pass rush?
I was watching NE vs Mia this week. Mia got alot of pressure on Brady but they were unable to stop the run.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012   #82
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

I had this long post typed up about how Brady didn't look great against Miami and NE's defense being vulnerable, but I expect a lot of people would just say tl;dr. So here is the shortened version:

C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #83
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 38, Patriots 30

A nice 8-point win and still undefeated on the road.

12-1 record and ever so closer to clinching the 1st seed in the AFC.
Old 12-04-2012   #84
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
It's not a defeatist attitude, we're just realistic. Injuries have ravaged our defense, the Patriots are really good offensively, both teams are fighting for homefield, we're on the road.

We're not going to kick their ass. It's going to be a tight game that----gasp----we MIGHT lose!
Agreed, either way I don't see us blowing them out it'll be a close game or we'll lose heavily. I'm not sure which it'll be till after the game

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #85
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

W

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #86
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 348 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Lots of posts about Brady against our D, well I like our offense against their D. Both offenses can score, but our defense is better, even with injuries. Houston wins high scoring affair. (If the zebras don't bet the Pats)
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #87
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
I had this long post typed up about how Brady didn't look great against Miami and NE's defense being vulnerable, but I expect a lot of people would just say tl;dr. So here is the shortened version:

This is my favorite.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012   #88
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
W
I hope you're right brother but I had this game as our third loss of the season. I need to figure out a way to upload my preseason picks...

Try this: https://twitter.com/Texan_Bill/statu...331136/photo/1

The last 3 games I marked with a question mark, only because I wasn't completely sure when - or - if we clinched homefield advantange and how much we would be resting starters at that point.
Old 12-05-2012   #89
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
They are doing really well even with all the changes.

They allowed the same number of sacks as ours, but Brady has been hit fewer times.

Brady is a smart guy who can help out his O-line very well.

But our penetration in the middle isn't like anything that they've seen.
We need those guys to have a lot of success; they will be going against non-veteran players so I hope that they bring their A game.
We'll have Mercilus coming at Brady as well.

I think we go in there and beat them. We are still getting little recognition. I know we're #1 in most of the rankings, but I don't think many out there really think the Texans are the best team. I think we come into this game with a chip and something to prove. The Ravens game was the other one that I think the team had circled as a "statement" game.

I don't think we destroy them like we did the Ravens, but I'm confident that we leave Foxboro with a 12-1 record.
Old 12-05-2012   #90
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 58259 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
We'll have Mercilus coming at Brady as well.

I think we go in there and beat them. We are still getting little recognition. I know we're #1 in most of the rankings, but I don't think many out there really think the Texans are the best team. I think we come into this game with a chip and something to prove. The Ravens game was the other one that I think the team had circled as a "statement" game.

I don't think we destroy them like we did the Ravens, but I'm confident that we leave Foxboro with a 12-1 record.
I wouldn't be counting on Mercilus to disrupt Brady too much. He's not even beating his guy consistently much less wreaking havoc. The Pats have a good OL and don't give up a lot of sacks. I'm hoping for containing the edge and having a good push up the middle while maintaining gap assignments.
Old 12-05-2012   #91
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #92
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Awesomeness. +1,000
Old 12-05-2012   #93
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

Gronkowski and Edelman are out, Mankins is likely out as well. We'll face Lloyd, Welker and Hernandez in the 11 (one back one tight end) and maybe Shiancoe or Hoomanawanui in the 12. Maybe not all that intimidating with Sharpton back and if JJoseph can contribute. At any rate, they can't defend the pass very well either. Antonio Smith should be able to deal with Mankin's replacement. Good field conditions (Field Turf) in wet weather equals good running plays and dropped/tipped passes. Good for us, bad for them...we run well and stop the run well, they don't...both teams pass the ball well and neither can stop the pass very well right now. We should be able to punch these guys right in the face at the start like Denver, Baltimore, and Chicago.

Texans 31-23
Schaub 250 YDS, 1TD, 1 INT
Brady 350 YDS, 1 TD, 2 INT
Foster, Tate, et al. 2 TD, 175 YDS
Ridley et al. 0 TD, 55 YDS, 2 Fumbles
Watt 2 sacks, 1 FF, 2 PD*
Smith 1 sack, 1 FR, 1 INT, 1 PD
Manning 1 INT 1 TD
Quin 1 FF
KeyMart 75 YD PR TD.

*I think the NFL should change the Passes Defended stat to Swatts.
Old 12-05-2012   #94
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady is head and shoulders above any QB in the league at evaluating defensive formations, reading coverage as his play unfolds and deciding which of his receivers to throw to before his line gives way.

Given the current state of the Texans' secondary, he should have a good game on Monday night. Perhaps a very good game.

The only way to stop him is for Watt and the rest of the front 7 to get to him, but Brady is a master at finding passing lanes, and Watt has shown himself to be containable, which Belichick will likely accomplish.

I expect the Patriots to put up 40+ and win.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #95
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
Brady is head and shoulders above any QB in the league at evaluating defensive formations, reading coverage as his play unfolds and deciding which of his receivers to throw to before his line gives way.

Given the current state of the Texans' secondary, he should have a good game on Monday night. Perhaps a very good game.

The only way to stop him is for Watt and the rest of the front 7 to get to him, but Brady is a master at finding passing lanes, and Watt has shown himself to be containable, which Belichick will likely accomplish.

I expect the Patriots to put up 40+ and win.
Funny thing is we knew you would predict this before you posted it. I have not seen u predict a texans win yet. You have a great pick record, maybe you should join the hoots at BSPN.
Old 12-05-2012   #96
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Never seen this guy before, seems to be a troll tho
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #97
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
Never seen this guy before, seems to be a troll tho
Ohna look at ever prediction thread i have done this season, every week and he has predicted a loss EVERY week. And look at his Avi it is always a bad play by the texans, the last one was schaub getting sacked.

But he claims to be a texans fan, hell i dunno.
Old 12-05-2012   #98
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58259 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thajokaa View Post
rep!!!
Old 12-05-2012   #99
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ohna look at ever prediction thread i have done this season, every week and he has predicted a loss EVERY week. And look at his Avi it is always a bad play by the texans, the last one was schaub getting sacked.

But he claims to be a texans fan, hell i dunno.
Maybe he misspelled and it should be bull****z?
Old 12-05-2012   #100
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Maybe he misspelled and it should be bull****z?
Must have !!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read