Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-05-2012   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default NFL Week 14

Lots of good games coming this weekend. Ours has top billing & it should. But a lot of teams play-off fate will be determined this weekend. The games I am most interested in are:
  1. Ravens @ RedSkins
    I don't think the Giants will win their division. I understand they can flip a switch & all that, but I'm just not "feeling it" They may get in as a Wild-Card & win it all, so I'm not counting them completely out, I just don't see them winning their division.

RG III has looked amazing all year long. But it looks to me like the rest of the team is hitting their stride as well. They are fun to watch, both offensively & defensively. They ran the ball extremely well Sunday & had been doing a good job most of the year. I think they win the NFC East

The Ravens, the real story of this game because if they lose, it widens the gap between our teams. Doesn't look like we're going to need it, but every little bit helps.
  2. Cowboys @ Bengals
    I'd like to see the Cowboys win the East. But the deck is stacked against them as their schedule appears to be more difficult than the 'Skins. All they need (imo) is a run game & an OC that knows how to control a game. DeMarco Murray back should help the former. But it is yet to be seen that their play-caller (Garrett) understands the latter.

But I like the Bengals. I Like the Bengals to win the AFC North & that can't happen if they lose this game. Best case scenario, is for these guys to win the 4th seed. (Texans, Patriots, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens) Bengals beat the Steelers, Broncos beat the Ravens. New England beat the Broncos, We beat the Bengals. I don't want to play New England & the Broncos.... but I also want no part of the Ravens/Steelers.

Plus, if the Bengals win the division, we don't have to play the Ravens or Steelers next year.

Anyway, those are the games I'll be watching this weekend (No Texans 'til Monday) which games are you looking forward to?
Old 12-05-2012   #2
BorrowMe
Rookie

Rep Power: 315 BorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respectedBorrowMe is a quality contributor and well respected

I think next week's games are gonna be better. Way better. Can't wait!

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2
BorrowMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #3
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36121 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Week 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Anyway, those are the games I'll be watching this weekend (No Texans 'til Monday) which games are you looking forward to?
Outside of the two you listed I don't see another game, and I'm not really sold on either of those matchups being special.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrowMe View Post
I think next week's games are gonna be better. Way better. Can't wait!

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2
THIS! Outside of the NE-Htown game this week I would pick the top five games next week over any game this week. Some of the marquee games next week include: Denver @ Baltimore, San Francisco @ New England, New York G @ Atlanta, Green Bay @ Chicago, Pittsburgh @ Dallas (Bal-Wsh might be ahead of this matchup). And that's not including the first time the Texans get to face Andrew Luck.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

if the raiders can show up in the black hole and beat denver that would realllyyyy help us
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
if the raiders can show up in the black hole and beat denver that would realllyyyy help us
Don't hold your breath.
Old 12-06-2012   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
  • Cowboys @ Bengals
    I'd like to see the Cowboys win the East. But the deck is stacked against them as their schedule appears to be more difficult than the 'Skins. All they need (imo) is a run game & an OC that knows how to control a game. DeMarco Murray back should help the former. But it is yet to be seen that their play-caller (Garrett) understands the latter.

But I like the Bengals. I Like the Bengals to win the AFC North & that can't happen if they lose this game. Best case scenario, is for these guys to win the 4th seed. (Texans, Patriots, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens) Bengals beat the Steelers, Broncos beat the Ravens. New England beat the Broncos, We beat the Bengals. I don't want to play New England & the Broncos.... but I also want no part of the Ravens/Steelers.

Plus, if the Bengals win the division, we don't have to play the Ravens or Steelers next year.
If the Bengals win, and the Cowboys end up missing the playoffs (both of which I believe will occur), this game may end up being Mike Zimmer's audition to be the next Cowboys HC.
Old 12-06-2012   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm getting the Broncos - Raiders in spanish. Anybody else?
Old 12-06-2012   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I'm getting the Broncos - Raiders in spanish. Anybody else?
You sure it's not Mayan?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You sure it's not Mayan?
Pretty good Thorn, but is anybody else getting this game in Spanish?

If this is a Grande decision they will lose a lot of business.
Old 12-06-2012   #10
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Pretty good Thorn, but is anybody else getting this game in Spanish?

If this is a Grande decision they will lose a lot of business.
Just checked, mine is in English. Comcast cable.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 13 games

Cowboys up 3-0 on the Bengals

Washington up 7-0 on Ravens

rice just ran a 46 yarded to get to wash 30
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Week 13 games

Cutloler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Boudin catches a TD pass
7-7 now
Old 12-09-2012   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Titans up 7-0

Bengals now made it 7-3 on the cowboys
Old 12-09-2012   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Vikes up 14-0 on the bears
Old 12-09-2012   #16
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Vikes up 14-0 on the bears
Peterson is a monster
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Whoa, up until that pick, the Bengals were looking unstoppable against the Cowboys D.
Old 12-09-2012   #18
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Get off Lucks Jock, Damn commentators.

blah blah blah blah they can suck his **** after the game. Just saying.
Old 12-09-2012   #19
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Titans.

Yuck. Now I have to go take a shower.
Old 12-09-2012   #20
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 70974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Get off Lucks Jock, Damn commentators.

WOW the colts have a terrible O-line

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read