Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 12-05-2012   #61
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uno Amigo Texan 2013 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
what exactly did you find wrong with that Flucker?
Sorry for delay in responding, work keeps getting in the way. Fluker is very strong especially in run but imo seems sluggish (if right word) in pass blocking. Like most guys his size he has difficulty with speed guys and should be RT in power scheme or might work @ RG. I have watched a lot of Alabama but just cannot sign off on him for Texans.
Old 12-05-2012   #62
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Sorry for delay in responding, work keeps getting in the way. Fluker is very strong especially in run but imo seems sluggish (if right word) in pass blocking. Like most guys his size he has difficulty with speed guys and should be RT in power scheme or might work @ RG. I have watched a lot of Alabama but just cannot sign off on him for Texans.
Texans used basically similar pick top of 3rd on Brandon Brooks. Do you feel they are having second thoughts? Heard anything on his progress or lack thereof?

Flucker is a notch above him athletically if that helps put things in perspective.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012   #63
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans used basically similar pick top of 3rd on Brandon Brooks. Do you feel they are having second thoughts? Heard anything on his progress or lack thereof?

Flucker is a notch above him athletically if that helps put things in perspective.
If the NFL bans cut blocks then Brooks and Fluker will be in fashion . I watched Brooks vs the Titans and he did well when I saw him .
Old 12-05-2012   #64
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I started to mention Brooks but tbh I just am not sure what they think of him. If it were me, I'd be cautious unless someone jumped out. I would rank Fluker ahead of Brooks also. They are silent about Brooks as they were with Brandon Harris who seems to be finally getting some attention.
Old 12-05-2012   #65
obrien52289
Rookie

Default 2013 Texans Mock Draft

1R. David Amerson – CB – NC State

2R. Alec Ogletree – MLB – Georgia

3R. Bacarr Rambo – S – Georgia

4R. Chase Thomas – OLB – Stanford

5R. Collin Klein – QB – Kansas State

6R. Rodney Smith – WR – FSU

7R. Louis Nix – NT – Notre Dame

UDF – Theo Riddick – RB – Notre Dame

Last edited by infantrycak; 12-06-2012 at 08:28 AM.
obrien52289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #66
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Mock Draft

Louis Nix will be a 1st round draft pick, not a 7th.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #67
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I started to mention Brooks but tbh I just am not sure what they think of him. If it were me, I'd be cautious unless someone jumped out. I would rank Fluker ahead of Brooks also. They are silent about Brooks as they were with Brandon Harris who seems to be finally getting some attention.
According to 76 Brooks got in there a bit & was effective against Tennessee. Great news! He did not specify position but will assume it was RG. So a big man, with athletic ability can fit in a ZBS, however he must learn his craft, develop & use his agility not just brute strength & mass. With a couple years of Brooks & Flucker on the right side imagine the damage they could inflict (Jones will be the Center)?

Ok back to reality. What I really like about Flucker is attitude, leadership & passion for the game. I really miss Eric Winston as the RT for the Houston Texans. What this fine young man has gone through in the last few months has probably not changed him form being the solid human being he always was & is but shows leadership & class during dark, hard times. I'm not saying Flucker is Eric Winston, although on the field I see common ground, I'm saying his spirit & attitude is missed here, although for the fine people of Kansas City I'm glad he is there to help them cope & move on. So the moral of this saga is don't judge a book by its cover

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-06-2012   #68
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Of course, but give him some cred I remember when I was a newbie, well actually I can't, well never mind. Insane mock as it is, how wonderful it is to dream

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 12-06-2012   #69
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I think that entire mock was meant as a .... joke.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012   #70
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think that entire mock was meant as a .... joke.
I don't know, he posted it twice, starting a new thread with the same mock.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read