Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2012   #21
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Alex Smith vs. Colin Kaepernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieLott42 View Post
Hello everyone, Niners fan here and just noticed the Smith/Kaepernick thread. It looks like you all have it pretty much figured out.
One correction though and that is that the Niners played at home last year against the Saints and not in New Orleans.
Do you think, as I said a lott earlier in this thread, that this is typical Backup QB Saves The Day stuff going on here? And that once the job is now his, he sort of shrinks back to being a bit unreliable and just flat out average? As if the thrill of the hunt is gone, so what is there to fight for now?

It's easy to be a hero when you think you got nothing to lose by going for it anyways....and then once it's yours, and you're now THE starting QB...the pressure is too great to handle for those types of QBs. They know it takes a few slip-ups and you're back to being a virtual nobody again.

Just my two cents. Interested to hear your replies. And btw, man...I was watching the 49ers highlights...specifically Frank Gore's runs--I just laughed and grunted when I saw him busting those runs. That guy is nails. One of the toughest runners in the game. He can flat out brutalize defenses before they know what happens.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read