Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-04-2012   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Suh points, laughs at concussed tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Am I a bad person for looking forward to the day when Suh either goes off the deep end or gets a serious injury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Nah, you're good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
No you're not bad.

I was smiling from ear to ear when the Titans' Dave Stewart got carted off the field.

For dirty players, I cheer injuries that happen to them. They're subhuman people. They've earned it.
Nah... I'm with you!

GP?.... sorta!

I knew this chick once, her name was Karma and she is a BEYOTCH!!!
Old 12-04-2012   #22
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Nah... I'm with you!

GP?.... sorta!

I knew this chick once, her name was Karma and she is a BEYOTCH!!!
LOL. Well, before 2011 I didn't have those strong feelings.

But since these dirt bags are now gunning for OUR guys??? Trying to ruin OUR chance at a title???

Yeah, Stewart was one on my list.

Incognito and Suh are the other 2.
Old 12-04-2012   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
LOL. Well, before 2011 I didn't have those strong feelings.

But since these dirt bags are now gunning for OUR guys??? Trying to ruin OUR chance at a title???

Yeah, Stewart was one on my list.

Incognito and Suh are the other 2.
Hey man, I agree with Suh and Incognito on the list for sure... I didn't realize that Stewart was on that list as well...
Old 12-04-2012   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Hey man, I agree with Suh and Incognito on the list for sure... I didn't realize that Stewart was on that list as well...
Our first game with them this year, Stewart was continuing way past the end of the play, shoving Watt in the back...chipping people from a blindside at the end of plays. Maybe even jumping onto piles and stuff. I think he even took Watt's helmet off one time. He was being a major pain in da azz.

This makes me want to go back and re-watch that game now!
Old 12-07-2012   #25
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272750 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

From PFT.com

Quote:
An unnamed member of the Lionsí coaching staff told Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports that Suh left his rush lane on the Coltsí winning touchdown, giving Luck space to step up out of the pocket and find receiver Donnie Avery open for the score.

ďItís Football 101. Donít let the quarterback get out of the pocket,Ē the anonymous coach said. ď[Zone] coverage, only a touchdown can beat you, make the [quarterback] throw from the pocket, get in his face. But donít, under any circumstances, give the quarterback a chance to escape and create. Thatís where the defense breaks down.Ē

When a defensive tackle is getting doubled, someone else on the line needs to step up and beat his one-on-one block, and itís not Suhís fault that the Lionsí other three defensive linemen failed to do that. And when the defense has more players dropping into coverage than the offense has running pass patterns, itís a breakdown in coverage if one of the receivers gets wide open. That breakdown is certainly not Suhís fault.
Apparently our DL coach and JJ Watt disagree with this line of thinking since this situation is very similar to the play where JJ was double teamed and didn't get to his assigned gap leaving the way open for the RB to get through. Glad JJ and our coach handled it better.
Old 12-07-2012   #26
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
From PFT.com
Quote:
An unnamed member of the Lionsí coaching staff told Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports that Suh left his rush lane on the Coltsí winning touchdown
If you thought the Lions had an opportunity to do something in the near future, forget about it... This kind of talk, to the media... causes too much trouble in the locker room. If the Lions don't fire a DL coach (& I would do it soon) they don't have a chance in he77 to be anything but the dysfunctional organization they have been.

This is one of the things I've always given Kubiak kudos for. He controls his locker room. To a player (except the Dunta thing) they would all repeat the same message, his message. They bought into what he was trying to do & they respected that.

A mature organization, with a history of winning, this wouldn't be a problem. But young groups, where you're trying to get everyone on the same page, where you're trying to instill a new culture, it will never work. Never.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read